• Curse Sites
Help

A Brief Concern

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#1 Vizeverza

Vizeverza

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Before I start, I feel every thread in the General Discussion section now days should start by the poster stating why he/she feels it should not be locked/deleted. I have not received one warning or infraction my entire time posting. My reason is the following:

Trolling
- 1 pt - Spamming.
- 1 pt - Whine threads - Don't create threads just to QQ.
- 1 pt - Site Bashing threads - Sick of seeing this stuff. Report posts or you are part of the problem.
- 1 pt - Mod Bashing - This won't be tolerated. See the Mod Behavior Guidelines

- 1 pt - Posting to incite arguments or increase their post count.

The above, and to a greater extent that in the bold, is the only reason why this thread will probably inevitably be locked. However I'd like to contend that as of late, the mods on this site have been particularly hostile to any form of criticism. This is a general discussion and should be treated as such, let's actually try to make this site better instead of trying to be Team Liquid's retarded step brother.

Now I've been lurking AJ since close to it's inception, and I have not once during that entire time seen so many deleted posts, thread, locked threads etc as I see now. Normally this would be a good thing, right? Well, like anything else, getting carried away is never a good thing. I feel as though most of us cannot get our voices heard without fear of some sort of retaliation. Every single thread has had posts deleted; every time I check these forums a thread has been locked. One could argue that those threads had a good reason to be locked and those posts had good reasons for being deleted, and that is true for some cases, though for most it is not. I think most of the community agrees, what are leaders without the consent of their constituents?

Another thing is blatantly favoritism among certain mods, why do I see a thread about hilarious hardly WoW related rage at 24+ pages, when another, some might say far more hilarious video, locked at 3? They both were equally unrelated to WoW. There are various more examples of this as well. This shows unprofessionalism. Couple that with AJ teaming up with one of the biggest violations of the WoW ToS, even violates their own ToS, WTF? AJ should ban itself, if they want to follow the rules so closely.

#2 hirtqt

hirtqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 732

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

inb4 lock
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Rhordizledog

Rhordizledog
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Discipline
  • LocationC-town

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

You bash someone a mod likes, you die. Thats what AJ has become.

Totally agree with what has been stated above. AJ used to have absolutely absurd threads that would never get deleted. Recently, threads have been getting deleted left and right which ACTUALLY talk about WoW and give some sort of feedback on the state of the game. I am all for the cleansing the AJ team has done over the past couple years, but cleanse the right threads please. =)
"It needs to be purified by someone with evaporating skills or it will fester and putrify"
-The Cheshire Cat

#4 Champz

Champz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 955
  • LocationMorocco

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

fuck the system
Posted Image

#5 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Personally I feel that all the locking recently has done more damage then good, even though some of the threads had flaming in them, it was still revitalizing the activity, I bet it wasn't just me who stopped in to check Reedwise thread's quite daily since it did include both valid and invalid points, which didn't deserve to be locked.

#6 Epion

Epion
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Xavius
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Reedwise has been banned since he had an argument with Conradical.

#7 Eowynnz

Eowynnz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1778
  • 3v3: 2176
  • 5v5: 2242
  • RBG: 1655

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

This is so retarded.
I'm all for creating drama and revitalizing the community, but openly ban evading and breaking the AJ rules is just.. Yeah.
twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#8 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Because they make more money when people troll each other, that's why. People are aww "Shrouds is an idiot!" and feel good about themselves. Or another "Lopez post omg" and feel good about themselves for bashing him.
And that's why they keep coming back, because of that feeling.

Edited by Shrouds, 17 April 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#9 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Its funny how people act as if AJ is selling rating. It's being investigated if there some AJ reps selling rating. Don't get what the fuss is about.

#10 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

View PostRhoren75, on 17 April 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

You bash someone a mod likes, you die. Thats what AJ has become.

Totally agree with what has been stated above. AJ used to have absolutely absurd threads that would never get deleted. Recently, threads have been getting deleted left and right which ACTUALLY talk about WoW and give some sort of feedback on the state of the game. I am all for the cleansing the AJ team has done over the past couple years, but cleanse the right threads please. =)

This is nothing like what it is like, at all.

In the old MLG threads back at 70 (I'm sure all of you VETERANS of AJ remember those) they probably had to ban anywhere from 5-10 people per page for a day in those threads.

Once threads become out of hand and have nothing related to WoW even attached to them anymore, they'll be removed.

Know why Reed got banned? Because he admitted to evading his ban. It'd be like murdering someone, and then walking around talking about it at a police banquet (I know you'd like an analogy in a post about you reed <3)

AJ used to have absolutely absurd threads that would never get deleted.

Maybe on the realm forums? Or threads that would last 15 pages before being removed because of the high volume (similar to what happens now)

I really don't recall a time ever where there were threads nearly as shitty as there are now, every single week. AJ used to be a place where people came to learn and gain strategy and ideas from high rated players. Now it's just rating bashing, title bashing, and nothing you say matters unless you play a totally unique not considered gay comp (which really equates to like, warrior/warrior/druid at this point, seeing as every class is considered stupid by everyone)

I was getting infractions on AJ before most of the accounts these days were even created, and trust me, threads back then at least stayed on topic, with slight intermission. Once the thread gets hijacked and turns into something that should just be in a PM, it'll be locked or removed. The same way it always has  :D

#11 Cyanerd

Cyanerd
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2400
  • LocationDKDK

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

The proof is right there; Mugems clearly owns ArenaRating.com and he is clearly still an, "NAO Organizer" on this website. Moreover, Reedwise was permanently banned for, "admitting to ban evading" even though the legitimacy of his original ban was never answered to, even though numerous people including Reedwise have brought it up to Rapture, and other moderators. His original ban was literally for posting chat logs of Talbadar raging after a loss. Truly, Reedwise casted an unforgivable curse and his ban evading was totally not warranted.

What's more, a quick perusal of Mugems recent threads shows him bragging about, "farming up sells."

Comments: Highest hunter lock shaman in Season 9, have grinded multiple HLS teams up to ~2400 this season for sells. -mukuld50 13 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

- It isn't hard to find if the moderators weren't so biased in their duties. That's literally like one of his most recent posts. It is against the rules and the only possible explanation is: the owners of this website are in bed with NAO and the rules are completely nonsensical and only seek to further the agenda of the players pillaging this community because they are pillaging it as well.

Bottom line is: lots of US mods know the following: that Mugems is largely in charge of NAO, that AJ is partnered with NAO, and that Mugems owns ArenaRating.com and the worst part is that nothing is being done about it. That is against your own rules, so banning Reedwise was obviously a political powerplay so the people destroying the community they claim to serve can continue to make profit.

Sad day for AJ, what's funny is moderators say the website's goal is to help new players get better, when their actions could only mean the website is meant to help new players get better ratings by paying for them and letting someone else, preferably Mugems and and his NAO crew, play their accts.

You could at least be honest about it !

Cyanerd for president.

#12 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

If it makes you feel better, there is currently a discussion thread in the Moderator discussion board for potentially implementing additional rules toward the NAO usergroup after this information has come out.

The NAO usergroup is subject to the same Moderation as anyone else on the site.

If you feel there is an issue with their posting, then report it. They will be delt with just as you would be.

--

To the topic poster

- Mod Bashing: This has to go directly to Rapture as he is the only one that can deal with it. Publically flaming a Moderator does nothing.
- Site Bashing: If the site is full of AJ sucks then what's the point.
- Whine Threads: "nerf rogues!!" in every section is also pointless.

#13 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

- It isn't hard to find if the moderators weren't so biased in their duties. That's literally like one of his most recent posts. It is against the rules and the only possible explanation is: the owners of this website are in bed with NAO and the rules are completely nonsensical and only seek to further the agenda of the players pillaging this community because they are pillaging it as well.

Yeah it's all some conspiracy to let NAO take over AJ and kill the WoW community.

You already answered this in your post, but I'm just going to let you understand just how retarded you are.

Sad day for AJ, what's funny is moderators say the website's goal is to help new players get better, when their actions could only mean the website is meant to help new players get better ratings by paying for them and letting someone else, preferably Mugems and and his NAO crew, play their accts.

Or maybe it's because this community is dogshit?

Yeah because the four people who work with NAO are clearly controlling this entire website, I mean fuck, none of their posts even get deleted!!11!1!~ idiot

This website was supposed to be for elite players to have discussion, and for players to come and learn. You know who's fault that is when that stops? The fucking players.

In my 'prime' of BC, people would often make threads asking why I run certain glyphs, or certain talent points, and did I give even half a fuck to answer their question? Well that's obviously a giant conspiracy meant to shut me up so players can only get that question answered by paying me $20/hour..

Sorry bro, but what's killing this community, is the community. It's not some giant plan to have NAO fuck over AJ. NAO hasn't been around long, and yes, they are unfortunately humans who after being constantly attacked will eventually retaliate, because there really isn't much to lose. Responding negatively to a bunch of ignorant trolls isn't something that's going to 'kill the reputation of NAO' if anything in today's game, people applaud that.

Reed knows why he got banned. Reed is very, very intelligent. He understands what posts will rile people up, what will get people talking, and he understands 100% why he was banned.

If you actually believe anything you just said, you're a fucking bigger moron than I could have ever imagined. I don't know how you think that 'NAO's massive profit' is being considered here, because trust me, if there was any sort of real profit coming out of NAO, they wouldn't be paying out less money than a less than average show match in SC2.

NAO gets less viewers than any GSL SC2 player. NAO gets less viewers than any LoL pro player. That's an entire tournament compared to a casual day of playing by any other games professionals. If you can't see that NAO is just an attempt to revitalize a dead ass community, you're blind. Do their staff members act immature and retarded sometimes? THEY SURE DO!

But what does them acting immature and retarded prove? That they're a perfect fit in this disgusting dying community.

-Warning for insulting another user.

#14 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

tell me of an internet community that is desirable that exists?

#15 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostCyanerd, on 17 April 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

The proof is right there; Mugems clearly owns ArenaRating.com and he is clearly still an, "NAO Organizer" on this website.

Yes because as soon as some guy calls someone a rating seller he should be removed immediatly right? I dont see what gives reed the right to give orders on this site, he acts as if he were the most valuable poster ever. He cant even read the rules on this forum.
Did you read my post? Its being investigated, calm down.

#16 Navariumx

Navariumx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution
  • RBG: 1775
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

It's only AJ... why you heff to be mad? IDGI.

View PostBlackafrican, on 23 May 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

I think you guys need to realize that shamans are not the problem, and are probably less powerful than you think.

#17 Vizeverza

Vizeverza

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

I think some people might be missing the point. My reference to Reedwise was only meant to question why certain threads made by some are locked, while threads with basically the same premise are going strong 20+ pages in. It had nothing to do with him being banned/why he was banned etc.

This isn't an "AJ sucks down with the mods!!1!!11!!" thread, it was meant to be a simple discussion on the level of moderation currently taking place. I have nothing against the mods, I'm sure they have enough o a hard time dealing with constant flood of stupid threads/posts that serve no purpose and only incite flame wars. I only question their decision making process and how they deem threads/posts desirable or not. I feel like threads are being locked without just-reasoning or any explanation at all, more so than of late. I also feel as though some threads that are obviously no good to the community continue to be open, serving only to cause player bashing/comp bashing and other side-affects of a community filled by egoistical twenty-somethings. There needs to be more discretion when locking/deleting threads, as well as better judgement on which threads should be kept open.

#18 misios

misios
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

The fact that Xul's post still hasn't been deleted (he calls cyanerd fucking retarded with bolded letters - while cyanerd discuss in a mannered, albeit, with "conspiracy/blame" content) - underlines the selective deleting/banning mods are doing now days on AJ. This makes Xul seem protected purely because he takes a stand with the AJ mods, which again leads me to the selective moderating taking place.

I had a post deleted because I called an individual a "hypocritic moron" - where I understand that I broke the rules by insulting someone with course language.

Why isn't the same treatment being held up against Xul?

(this is not at all personal towards you Xul, i'm simply using you as an example because thats what happening in this thread.)
Posted Image

#19 Necrolina

Necrolina
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2313

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

To be fair the vast majority of the community would have never known about Mugemsz and his site / company if it wasn't for the daily posters of AJ to begin with. This kind of advertisement truly triumphs over all else when a stream that has their logo / site address has less than ~500 viewers at any given time.

I also struggle to see how anybody's business, however illegitimate, shady or oh-so-wrong-for-the-community it might be comes to affect their involvement with NAO or anything related to AJ. Newsflash: In all probability, every single high quality player has done at least a dozen boosts by now. Do you hate them for it? Do you complain about them on a daily basis? Get a fucking grip.

I'd much rather come here and see topics about setup vs setup or class vs class or anything of the like (with multiple gladiator level players involved in these discussions, random threads from unknown players still pop up, mind you). Rest assured, I don't mind one rage thread about tripledps or RLS or even how Mugemsz is secretly a godfather like figure, but almost every thread that comes up these days could be sorted into one of these three categories.

At the end of the day though, I must admit that topics, such as the last one Reed created used to be the soul of AJ. At any given time. It would be foolish to deny that without a fair bit of drama these boards are boring at best - especially now when arena itself is rarely, if ever mentioned. I would've let his topic run it's course and let him express his doubts and thoughts, at least he is capable of making well written posts, even if his reasons are questionable. On the other hand though, to blame every soul working on/for AJ is just bloody useless.

Edited by Necrolina, 17 April 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#20 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

View Postmisios, on 17 April 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

The fact that Xul's post still hasn't been deleted (he calls cyanerd fucking retarded with bolded letters - while cyanerd discuss in a mannered, albeit, with "conspiracy/blame" content) - underlines the selective deleting/banning mods are doing now days on AJ. This makes Xul seem protected purely because he takes a stand with the AJ mods, which again leads me to the selective moderating taking place.

I had a post deleted because I called an individual a "hypocritic moron" - where I understand that I broke the rules by insulting someone with course language.

Why isn't the same treatment being held up against Xul?

(this is not at all personal towards you Xul, i'm simply using you as an example because thats what happening in this thread.)

So you read the post and didn't report it. Thats kinda being part of the problem.

edit: nvm you did. Being taken care of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<