#41 huike

huike
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

Imo RLS should never lose to shadowplay if the RLS has PvE gear.

Shadowplay is definitely one of the best tournament comps though :P

#42 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

View Posthuike, on 10 April 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

Imo RLS should never lose to shadowplay if the RLS has PvE gear.

Shadowplay is definitely one of the best tournament comps though :P

Rls should never lose to any wizard cleave, the rogue is invincible and shamans and locks are both very hard for casters to kill (ESPECIALLY with rogue peels).  You really have to fuck up to lose that.

Edited by Kelarm, 10 April 2012 - 07:04 AM.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#43 cubas

cubas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 1151
  • LocationPrague

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostKoshimo, on 10 April 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

:mage: :rogue: :warlock: :shaman:

Those classes ruin arena, spriests are decently balanced outside of their random burst, but that doesn't even come close to how retarded lock/shaman/rogue/mages are tbqh.
Im probably a little biased about mages being op because im a paladin, but im pretty sure anyone with a brain would agree  :rogue: :shaman: :warlock: pretty much ruin the game.

Everything is relative and has to be put in context - while i completely agree on RLS being retarded, i think 3dps is even more fucked up.

RLS requires little to no coordination, but 3dps requires none. This is RLS pov. Take it from shatterplay with pally pov and its the other way around etc...

TLDR. i hate rets and im biased
:rogue: kidz

#44 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

View Postcubas, on 10 April 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

TLDR. i hate rets and im biased

How DARE you blaspheme the Warriors of the Light!  The church will not stand for this, you will be punished for your sins!  May the Lord's justice be swift like a bear!

#45 cubas

cubas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 1151
  • LocationPrague

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

View PostKelarm, on 10 April 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

Rls should never lose to any wizard cleave, the rogue is invincible and shamans and locks are both very hard for casters to kill (ESPECIALLY with rogue peels).  You really have to fuck up to lose that.

You might want to target the rogue for once, this isnt s9 anymore, most rogues run with 4k resil and no imp recup = you can actually kill them if you try. If your kill fails, the rogue has to at least use cloak which makes him play defensive and actually care -> you can spread more aids and win :)

Comps like LSD2 deffo can kill rogues due to faerie fire.

B)
:rogue: kidz

#46 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

We didn't ask for these 120.000 WoG heals :-(

We just want to fit in!

#47 huike

huike
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

View Postcubas, on 10 April 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

You might want to target the rogue for once, this isnt s9 anymore, most rogues run with 4k resil and no imp recup = you can actually kill them if you try. If your kill fails, the rogue has to at least use cloak which makes him play defensive and actually care -> you can spread more aids and win :)Comps like LSD2 deffo can kill rogues due to faerie fire. B)

As someone who has played a rogue vs kelarms lsd2 and other various lsd2's, no. You absolutely cannot die as a rogue vs lsd2, it's impossible. Even if your healer is oom, it is impossible... unless you are flat retarded.

#48 huike

huike
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 10 April 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

We didn't ask for these 120.000 WoG heals :-(We just want to fit in!

you mean 160,000

#49 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

I don't think anyone's gonna argue with you on the point that 3dps is more drool-status than RLS.

Official Blizzard Quote:

#50 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostKelarm, on 10 April 2012 - 07:47 AM, said:

I don't think anyone's gonna argue with you on the point that 3dps is more drool-status than RLS.
from whose perspective, though?

#51 huike

huike
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

yea mls isnt very good this season sadly

Edited by huike, 10 April 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#52 Cyraxx

Cyraxx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

View Posthuike, on 10 April 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

imo this is how arena balance looks at the moment

TIER ONE: best
  :shaman: :deathknight: :paladin:  

I'm sorry! What?!

#53 Rod

Rod
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Lightbringer
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Combat
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

User has been infracted for this post, do not write tldr (spamming/trolling).

-pawzz

#54 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 1769
  • 3v3: 2752
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 2268

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

View PostCyraxx, on 10 April 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

I'm sorry! What?!
I believe he meant  :priest: :paladin: :deathknight:   he mixed up a few healers in some of the setups. if ret dk priest is anything its probably somewhere between tier 1 and 2 probably closer to tier 2.

#55 quikkz

quikkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • RBG: 2459

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

the imbalances are pretty bad right now, it's a shame blizzard completely disregarded the balance this season to solely focus on the expansion. are they aware of how the WoG mechanic is scaling right now when rets have trinkets and wings up?

the vindication-US bg is unfortunately home of ALL the latin america realms...and for some unknown reason these servers, specifically ragnaros, run ONLY triple dps all day long. I actually think these servers are only comprised of rets, rogues, and hunters :lol:

I realize i'm just ranting but it's truly sickening that these mexican realms only run triple dps, feelsbadman to lose to players who you can tell are horrible and really have little grasp on positioning/cooldown usage/cc sequencing.....players that just run in, pop all cd's and vomit damage all over the place with immunities up

tl;dr, game i play for fun has really frustrated me, i play on a bg with the mexican realms which run 3 dps all day long

Edited by quikkz, 10 April 2012 - 09:05 AM.

Posted Image

#56 Thingtwo

Thingtwo
  • Junkies

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

The original tier list of top comps was completely wrong.  

This is the official list:  

Top Tier Comps -  

:rogue: XX

#57 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

Before you read my post, I would just like to say that this post is in no way meant to be elitist, I am just making a statement about the community and game.

It is really unfortunate to see so many people trying to make claims regarding what comps are "tier 1" or "tier 2" without actually being able to play at that level themselves.

The biggest problem with this community is that everyone assumes they are always playing to the best of their class/spec's abilities. No one can take a step back to consider that just -maybe- they aren't at a top tier level of play. Everyone talks shit, everyone thinks they are right, it is unfortunate.

Here is an example. Talb's Shadowplay is by far the best Shadowplay in this game. This is not open to debate. However, I guarantee there are a LOT of players that run this comp and make claims and assumptions about the viability of Shadowplay. They firmly believe that they are playing the comp properly, and every loss is because of some sort of game imbalance or something they believe to be overpowered.

Here is another example, for those of you that are familiar with Starcraft 2.

A diamond league Zerg player is continually losing to a Protoss player that goes all-in. The Zerg player doesn't have the apm or build down to prevent this. The Zerg player determines that because he cannot think of a way to win, Protoss must be completely overpowered and it can never lose to Zerg. He doesn't take a second to think about -his- level of play. At a Grand Master's level of play, every Zerg knows what to do if they see a Protoss is going to all-in. They have much better micro and apm to make this possible, as well as much more practice.

TLDR: Until you play x comp or y class at a top level of play, you are not a credible source of information on said topic. Try new strategies, adjust your playstyle, or change your gear/spec/glyphs. Keep an open mind. There is almost always something you can do to change the outcome of a matchup. I have encountered very very few matchups that are unable to overcome a disadvantage to pull out wins. This applies to RLS, DKLS, LSD2, and Shadowplay. I promise you it applies to various non-lock/shaman compositions too.

Edit: Yes, there are a few classes that are simply not competitive right now. Warriors are definitely bottom of the barrel when it comes to DPS classes, and Holy Paladins + Resto Druids are not good whatsoever.

Edited by Filovirus, 10 April 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#58 inkorperated

inkorperated
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1944

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostThingtwo, on 10 April 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

The original tier list of top comps was completely wrong.  

This is the official list:  

Top Tier Comps -  

:shaman::warlock: X

:shaman::warlock: X

:shaman::warlock::rogue:

#59 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostReedwise, on 10 April 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

from whose perspective, though?

Everyone tbh, I've never seen a dissenting opinion other than from players who play 3dps.  That was my point.

View PostCelaurthor, on 10 April 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

I believe he meant  :priest: :paladin: :deathknight:   he mixed up a few healers in some of the setups. if ret dk priest is anything its probably somewhere between tier 1 and 2 probably closer to tier 2.

Ret/dk/priest is a solidly tier 1 comp dude, I mean list the comps that are stronger than that.  RLS... 3 dps maybe... That's about it.

Edit: knowledgeable lower-rated players can still have opinions about class and comp balance.  I'm not saying that for me either, I've played practically every viable lock comp this expansion to a top 5 level.  Take the SC2 example.  Terran vs. protoss is a very difficult match for terran (at least it was last time I played/checked out the scene, which was pretty recent) for a variety of reasons that shouldn't be listed here.  Top players agree on teamliquid, and the issue is frequently evident in games.  Now, SC2 is an EXTREMELY well-balanced game when compared to WoW and has a significantly higher skillcap, but even lower-mid master's level terrans can recognize these issues and corroborate their opinions with evidence from pro games and the opinions of other players.  

Same thing in WoW except it's WAY easier to see.  Even a horrible player can see how retardedly overpowered rogues are in this patch, for example.  A 2k team can easily recognize the idiocy of triple dps.  In fact, I'd say you actually don't need to play at a super high level to have a valid opinion on balance.  The skill cap in this game is so low that many players play somewhere near that level, and in order for a team to succeed to the top of the ladder you also need all 3 players to be at that level, leaving many singles or pairs of good players at slightly lower ratings due to lack of equivalent team members.  I know we've all experienced this - you play against some high-rated team, then 5 minutes later you play against another team with one of those same classes in it 150 rating lower and the difference in the 2 players is practically indiscernible, especially for certain classes.

Obviously a ton of shitty players blame all of their losses on balance too, that's true.  Just saying you don't need to be an mlg player to have an opinion on balance in this game.

Edited by Kelarm, 10 April 2012 - 09:50 AM.

Official Blizzard Quote:

#60 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 1769
  • 3v3: 2752
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 2268

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostKelarm, on 10 April 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

Everyone tbh, I've never seen a dissenting opinion other than from players who play 3dps.  That was my point.

Ret/dk/priest is a solidly tier 1 comp dude, I mean list the comps that are stronger than that.  RLS... 3 dps maybe... That's about it.
I've seen very few  :priest: :deathknight: :paladin:   but I know its still a really strong comp. Also gotta take into account all the rets and dks giving up and switching to triple dps.

Example #1: http://us.battle.net...Im Still Cuter/

Edited by Celaurthor, 10 April 2012 - 09:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<