Kelimepie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2201

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

After posting a complex thread detailing my mastery theorycrafting, and after months of testing, I switched over to it on my Main Holy Paladin. I just finally got my raid-finder trinket after months of queing like a shitter.

http://us.battle.net...imebad/advanced

That's what a pro hpally gearset looks like. I've tested crit extensively, I've tested spirit extensively, I've tested haste minimally, and Mastery dominates them all. Please enjoy and Flame Away.

For those that're wondering, my mastery gives me 26.97% of every healing spell i cast as a stacking shield on my target. 64k Divine Light crit = 17.2k shield. 64k + 17.2k = 81k crit effective healing done.

Edited by Kelimepie, 05 April 2012 - 06:11 PM.

Troll?

#2 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

The trinket is way worse than Tsunami. Less int and stacks falls off all the time.

Also if Crit is worse than Mastery in general, why not reforge more of it away to Mastery like leggings?

3800 resilience is also pretty low.

Edited by averagepriestz, 05 April 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#3 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

pro pally with 390 trinket derp

#4 Kelimepie

Kelimepie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 05 April 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

The trinket is way worse than Tsunami. Less int and stacks falls off all the time.

Also if Crit is worse than Mastery in general, why not reforge more of it away to Mastery like leggings?

I don't run around not casting very often, so I don't think I'll have a problem keeping stacks up. if I do, then I may switch back to tsunami, who knows. As for why I didn't forge my Crit over to mastery, crit is quite valuable still, it's by far my 2nd greatest stat. Mastery just happens to be slightly better. my gearing choices are as follows - Int, Mastery, Crit, Spirit, Resil, Haste.
Troll?

#5 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Look, if 1 stat is deemed better, you want to stack that as much as possible. If your tests showed Mastery to be better, and you don't want to rely on RNG (and apperenly experience you can get casts off without getting IoL) it is only logical to use pure mastery?

Nobody runs around not casting often, but its not always up to you to decide if you going to get trapped, blinded, sheeped, hexed etc.

If runs out alot, and takes a while to stack in PvP

#6 Rathex

Rathex
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 957

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

keylimederp

#7 Shells

Shells
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 05 April 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Look, if 1 stat is deemed better, you want to stack that as much as possible.

so since i play warrior and str is good i should stack str and say screw hit cap expertise and crit? i need hit and expertise along with str being #1 just like he wants mastery #1 he still needs crit to a certain point

#8 Kelimepie

Kelimepie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 05 April 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Look, if 1 stat is deemed better, you want to stack that as much as possible.

False. Every stat is important to an extent, and a severe deficiency in any stat will be a downfall. Mastery is superior so I concentrated on massing a significant amount of that. I Do however want a solid base crit level and regen is also relatively important in arena.

After a certain level of crit, the noticeable amount of infusion procs plateaus.

After a certain amount of haste, the scaling plateaus to a point where it is not valuable in lieu of other stats. Since I run with an Spri in 5s, I have 5% extra haste ontop of the 9% from judging, so I don't need it in my gear.

Although regen from spirit never scales down, after a certain point it becomes overkill and is not necessary. I'm at the point where my mana pool slowly and steadily decreases throughout the fight, and around 15-20mins in I have to drink or get a Hymn. But 15-20mins in a 5s game is about as long as a 5s game will ever last.

After a certain level of resil, it scales down to the point where it's not valuable in comparison to other stats.

After even a certain level of mastery, forging and gearing for more becomes hurtful in the light that I am sacrificing too much regen and crit to make effective use of that mastery.

Do not make the mistake of saying GEE, MASHTERY ISH THE PRO-ESHT SHTAT, LET'SH DROP TO ZERO REGEN AND 0 CRIT SHO THAT WHEN I HEAL, I FALL BEHIND FROM LACK OF CRITSHHH AND END UP OOM FROM SHPAMMING FLASH OF LIGHTSSHH WITH ZERO REGENSHH.

The game doesn't work like that. The fact that you have a rank 1 title and several glad titles and can make statements that brazenly wrong about the game astounds me.

Edited by Kelimepie, 05 April 2012 - 07:52 PM.

Troll?

#9 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

Thx for the hard work :)
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#10 drunkbaby

drunkbaby
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostKelimepie, on 05 April 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

After a certain level of crit, the noticeable amount of infusion procs plateaus.

As your crit scales, your Infusion procs don't "plateau". Probabilistically, they are more likely to happen over 50%, but even at 99% it's definitely not guaranteed; There's no obtainable level of crit that becomes an Infusion proc ceiling.

Anyway, I tend to favor stacking crit (and I imagine others, too) because:
  • Infusion of Light procs are the staple of paladin PvP healing, in the world of infinite interrupts and CC.
  • A crit heal is essentially worth double your mastery shield. More crit is like "having" more mastery.
  • Paladins tend to work best in melee cleaves, all of which are fast games. Burst healing is the best for keeping your partners offensive, and a full mana bar is meaningless when everyones dead.

In reality, it probably doesn't really matter that much. But with the game the way it is right now, I'll take 10% more RNG over 5% throughput anyday.

#11 Kelimepie

Kelimepie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

View Postdrunkbaby, on 05 April 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

As your crit scales, your Infusion procs don't "plateau". Probabilistically, they are more likely to happen over 50%, but even at 99% it's definitely not guaranteed; There's no obtainable level of crit that becomes an Infusion proc ceiling.

Anyway, I tend to favor stacking crit (and I imagine others, too) because:
  • Infusion of Light procs are the staple of paladin PvP healing, in the world of infinite interrupts and CC.
  • A crit heal is essentially worth double your mastery shield. More crit is like "having" more mastery.
  • Paladins tend to work best in melee cleaves, all of which are fast games. Burst healing is the best for keeping your partners offensive, and a full mana bar is meaningless when everyones dead.

In reality, it probably doesn't really matter that much. But with the game the way it is right now, I'll take 10% more RNG over 5% throughput anyday.

so would I, but it's not 5% throughput, it's 26.97% throughput. id say that outweight the 8% crit i could get by switching all my mastery back over to crit.
Troll?

#12 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

too reliable on holy shock criticals in 3's so i doubt i would drop it for any other stat, it saves you games vs so much instant CC in this game.

melee setups perspective ofc

#13 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

So when people disagrees with you, you start to flame them.

Especially when you apperently think crit "diminshes", you call other people for retarded.

lmao you're a joke. Mastery will never come out on top if u can't cast heals.

#14 Kelimepie

Kelimepie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 05 April 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

So when people disagrees with you, you start to flame them.

Especially when you apperently think crit "diminshes", you call other people for retarded.

lmao you're a joke. Mastery will never come out on top if u can't cast heals.

i never said crit diminishes. I also didn't flame you, i simply responded to your silly comment that you should forsake every other stat for just one. After a certain amount of crit I have so many infusion procs that they overlap because I don't need to use an instant FOL or .7cast divine light every 6 seconds. That's what I meant when i said plateau.

Edited by Kelimepie, 05 April 2012 - 09:37 PM.

Troll?

#15 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Overlap? Im honestly not sure if you are serious. You have 6 seonds inbetween each HS.

When you come out of CC and your partner is at 30%, a Rogue is next to you and your HS does not crit, you lose.

No amount of mastery will help there.

#16 Kelimepie

Kelimepie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 05 April 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Overlap? Im honestly not sure if you are serious. You have 6 seonds inbetween each HS.

When you come out of CC and your partner is at 30%, a Rogue is next to you and your HS does not crit, you lose.

No amount of mastery will help there.

I dono about you but I generally don't get CCed every 6 seconds... we have a sprint to get away from priest fear, pummels to stop sheeps, and there's this new cool thing called positioning which is just great. Oh yea, my friend told me about this other thing called juking, i might try it soon, i hear it's > rogues.
Troll?

#17 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

You apperently have a hard time reading.

You have 6 seconds to use your IoL proc. Which is more than enough. And good luck trying to juke a decent melee in range of you. You act like youre the god of Paladins, because some of us think your gear and solution is retarded.

#18 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

nice enemy team when you dont have to use your IoL proc every 6 seconds

#19 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Lxii you forget, he is juking. So he can freecast. And mastery build takes care of rest.

Please don't disagree with him bro

Edited by averagepriestz, 05 April 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#20 Kelimepie

Kelimepie
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 05 April 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

You apperently have a hard time reading.

You have 6 seconds to use your IoL proc. Which is more than enough. And good luck trying to juke a decent melee in range of you. You act like youre the god of Paladins, because some of us think your gear and solution is retarded.

First off, i'm not god, i'm god's gift to Humanity.

Second off, it's a good idea to read what i post before flaming it: "After a certain amount of crit I have so many infusion procs that they overlap because I don't need to use an instant FOL or .7cast divine light every 6 seconds"

Third off, "You have 6 seconds to use your IoL proc." Is that a fuckin joke? Infusion lasts 14 seconds.
Troll?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<