Lushy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/1/2/0
  • LocationUS #1 NY

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

hello dont include me in thsi donald, i was playing with an undergaered resto shaman
Posted Image

enviqt is so cute

#42 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

so was i

Posted Image

#43 Lushy

Lushy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/1/2/0
  • LocationUS #1 NY

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

yah but its a person that doesnt play shaman fuck u
Posted Image

enviqt is so cute

#44 sevenxd

sevenxd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Now I'm maybe wrong, I haven't been around the community since the last tournament, but it seems interesting to me that we're talking about a new tournament when I don't even know if anyone knows the winner from the last one, nor even seen the game played at all/uploaded.

I might be wrong but I certainly haven't seen nor heard who actually won the last tournament.

#45 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Now I'm maybe wrong, I haven't been around the community since the last tournament, but it seems interesting to me that we're talking about a new tournament when I don't even know if anyone knows the winner from the last one, nor even seen the game played at all/uploaded.

I might be wrong but I certainly haven't seen nor heard who actually won the last tournament.

the last one's finale was unfortunately attacked by ddosers, throwing off the whole timing and recording of the event. the nao is a huge success overall, and the next one should be the best one yet (if ddosing doesnt occur/players take the precautions to avoid it).

Posted Image

#46 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

http://www.arenajunk...finals-snutz-5/

#47 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

So basically the tournament will start at 4/5am for Europeans? (WoW time)

#48 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

no, this isnt a triple bauble, pillar until you fear something out and lust 100-0 it comp.

A silent attack on my team, it seems. DFO and Solace of the Fallen were the only trinkets I ever used outside of the WoM Dueling Tournament. Lusting and 100-0ing someone in a 3v1 situation after forcing all trinkets and defensive cooldowns of the opposing team is a clear strategy, however the games were boring to watch especially against teams that could prevent it. There was many who said "I am not running this comp because it is lame", yet none could have actually played it as we did.

I have avoided the exact composition you plan to run to NOT draw out games. I'm sure games COULD be short if your opponents allow the stars to align. Maybe it's just me, but I only see long games coming from this if the opponent is prepared. I would not mind the comp if most games were short, but it would only make a mockery of the tournament and yourselves if every game just ended up in a draw.

#49 hirtqt

hirtqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 576

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

A silent attack on my team, it seems. DFO and Solace of the Fallen were the only trinkets I ever used outside of the WoM Dueling Tournament. Lusting and 100-0ing someone in a 3v1 situation after forcing all trinkets and defensive cooldowns of the opposing team is a clear strategy, however the games were boring to watch especially against teams that could prevent it. There was many who said "I am not running this comp because it is lame", yet none could have actually played it as we did.

I have avoided the exact composition you plan to run to NOT draw out games. I'm sure games COULD be short if your opponents allow the stars to align. Maybe it's just me, but I only see long games coming from this if the opponent is prepared. I would not mind the comp if most games were short, but it would only make a mockery of the tournament and yourselves if every game just ended up in a draw.

isn't that the actual team name? Stars align?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Inflamez

Inflamez
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 764
  • 3v3: 1748
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1546

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

So, who won the 2nd tournament:)?
DDoS - legit strat!

#51 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Read the thread, the winners from tournament 2 have been posted multiple times.

#52 RamboJohny

RamboJohny
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/2/2/0/.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

God reporting for duty
And Im requesting that pasty unibrow nerd Chris thormans team first round

Thanks
-RamboJohny
US Marshals

#53 Iambored

Iambored
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1567

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

LET DON RUN POTATO CLEAVE, SAVE THE POTATOS!!! NO MORE POTATO FAMINES IN IRELAND!!!

+rep, give us potato cleave.

#54 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

Why is current-tier PvE gear being allowed? As a player run tournament, you've had the chance to eradicate something that has literally been the plague of arena since the day it came out. Why change the rule now?

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.

Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

A few suggestions about rls in this tourny. I think a few restrictions on this comp would give it a much more even playing field and reduce its effectiveness.

1. do not allow the use of wound poison. (the only difference between rls now and last season is the wound poison buff)
2. do not allow rogues to use the glyph of garrote.
3. warlocks cant use glyph of soul swap.

this would go a long way in reducing the effectiveness of rls while keeping it in a state that is still more then viable vs other teams.

Hope this helps :)

#56 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

Why is current-tier PvE gear being allowed? As a player run tournament, you've had the chance to eradicate something that has literally been the plague of arena since the day it came out. Why change the rule now?

There is a thin line between removing PvE so that we can "eradicate the plague of arenas", and in the process creating another plague called Shaman/lock/rogue (or X), which very rightfully arguably, is the worst thing of this season (even considering triple DPS).

Edited by mukuld50, 31 March 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#57 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2371
  • 3v3: 2444
  • 5v5: 2308
  • RBG: 2169
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

There is a thin line between removing PvE so that we can "eradicate the plague of arenas", and in the process creating another plague called Shaman/lock/rogue (or X), which very rightfully arguably, is the worst thing of this season (even considering triple DPS).

i dont know how thats fair, only a few classes will actually be using the PvE gear from DS. Don't see how allowing this is making the playing field the same for every other class.

#58 Shadowtwist

Shadowtwist
  • LocationRiyadh, Saudi Arabia

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

A few suggestions about rls in this tourny. I think a few restrictions on this comp would give it a much more even playing field and reduce its effectiveness.

1. do not allow the use of wound poison. (the only difference between rls now and last season is the wound poison buff)

this would go a long way in reducing the effectiveness of rls while keeping it in a state that is still more then viable vs other teams.

This should apply for every rogue and warlock comp

But then people are gonna whine about mls/shadowplay again
Posted Image

#59 cubas

cubas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1616
  • 3v3: 2116
  • LocationPrague

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Yea, and dont allow hunters to use ranged weapons and let rets only use spellpower gear.

--.--
Kul Tiras-EU / Outland-EU

#60 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

i dont know how thats fair, only a few classes will actually be using the PvE gear from DS. Don't see how allowing this is making the playing field the same for every other class.

Dont see what you mean. We are trying to balance out the playing field for non lock/shaman. That is a better step then just letting the RLS shaman have 6k resilience with no way to kill him. Step towards improvement with the limited options we have, in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<