Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

isn't this like talbadar's triple healer comp in blizzcon '10?

no, this isnt a triple bauble, pillar until you fear something out and lust 100-0 it comp. like i said there are vods of how potato cleave works.

http://www.twitch.tv...lol/b/312758436

Edited by Donald, 25 March 2012 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image

#22 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

1) I am not sure who told you that your comp will 100% not be allowed. It depends on what kind of teams sign up and what kind of a selection pool we have obviously.

2) To me it seems like you are trying to publicly be a hypocrite in anything possible. There are other ways to give constructive criticism rather then call us a hypocrite while you are doing the exact same.

Message me and/or other NAO staff in a Skype call so we can handle this more professionally rather then creating a big troll fest out of this. Thanks.

#23 NAOChris

NAOChris
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

i cant tell if nao staff are joking or not when they say i cant sign up with shakes as ret shadow healer

1) i will provide vods of our games, which are not turtle (typically lasting 3-4 mins), which are very entertaining, and contain clean cc chains that lead to 3v1s with our burst cooldowns up

2) itd be rediculously inconsistent/hypocritical to say that ret shadow would be long unwatchable games, THEN TO ALLOW SPLAY AND RLS TO PLAY 45 MIN GAMES, which NO ONE can watch

3) you want "unique, fun, non-fotm comps" to sign up, HELLO?

basically if you guys want to be taken seriously you cant rule something out with no evidence, or in the face of evidence against you, and you have to be consistent.

The RLS vs Shadowplay was a specific matchup, not a comp in itself. Almost all of your games last tournament hit the timer. There is a huge difference.

#24 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

2) To me it seems like you are trying to publicly be a hypocrite in anything possible. There are other ways to give constructive criticism rather then call us a hypocrite while you are doing the exact same.

Message me and/or other NAO staff in a Skype call so we can handle this more professionally rather then creating a big troll fest out of this. Thanks.

by posting on the forums publicly instead of messages, im trying to make this discussion transparent so everyone can see the reasoning behind whatever happens. the public nature of the post isnt to flame. i made my points and wanted a response. i dont have an answer, will the comp be denied or not? ill message you now i guess.

Posted Image

#25 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

my skype discussion with the staff is coming down to this:

1) they say the comp will result in long, unwatchable games vs every comp it plays.

i say thats not true because it hasnt been true on live. i also say that we can test that with wargames before hand. also, there will be long games in the nao regardless of this comp, so theres no reason to make a double standard for it.

2) they say that my fps last tourny resulted in long unwatchable games, therefore so will this.

i say a feral can peel more than a ret can with infinite cc, and a feral is unkillable (longer games). i say that was only true for the fps vs rps matchup (2 spriests vs each other) - next time shadow is on both sides precautions should be taken because the game may be long (i even was telling the staff before the rps games that this was going to be bad). i may look back at the games, i think outside of the rps games, my fps games lasted maybe 4-6 mins on avg. i also disagree that all of the fps games were long and bad, because they werent.

3) i say that ret shadow x is new and exciting. no one wants to watch 1000 fotm comps play. the last nao made fps a hit. ppl are running fps everywhere now and asking me about it all the time. it was good for the nao, a new comp that debuted there and did well. this could happen again for ret shadow x.

they have no rebuttal for that.

4) they say that they will only accept us if they run out of other comps and players to accept.

i say that me waat and shakes are all very good players, nao experienced, successfull, the comp is fun viable and unique, list goes on, and therefore we should be among the first considered, not the last.

Edited by Donald, 26 March 2012 - 12:53 AM.

Posted Image

#26 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2430
  • 3v3: 2602
  • RBG: 1693

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

putting a private skype conversation on blast between you and the staff that was moved to skype for the sole purpose of not being put on display to the general public

probably not the best way to get picked for NAO

#27 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

putting a private skype conversation on blast between you and the staff that was moved to skype for the sole purpose of not being put on display to the general public

probably not the best way to get picked for NAO

wtf? nothing about nao policy should be 'private.' i have no idea why they wanted it moved to skype in the first place, but i expressly asked them if i could move this here and they agreed. everything about this being transparent is good. idc about 'the best way to get picked for the nao,' i trust they dont have bullshit reasons to deny someone.

what was the point of your post?

Edited by Donald, 26 March 2012 - 02:32 AM.

Posted Image

#28 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:51 AM

wtf? nothing about nao policy should be 'private.' i have no idea why they wanted it moved to skype in the first place, but i expressly asked them if i could move this here and they agreed. everything about this being transparent is good. idc about 'the best way to get picked for the nao,' i trust they dont have bullshit reasons to deny someone.

what was the point of your post?

there's a difference between kissing someone's ass and being civil. If someone asks you to keep something private, they are asking for a reason, and imo you should respect that even if you don't agree with it

#29 Thricton

Thricton
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arcane 1/2/0/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 384
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationON, Canada

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

Don't let Donald play. :mage:

#30 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

there's a difference between kissing someone's ass and being civil. If someone asks you to keep something private, they are asking for a reason, and imo you should respect that even if you don't agree with it

so youre just ingoring the part about how policy should be public and about how i asked them if i could post that next part and they said yes? done here.

Posted Image

#31 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

so youre just ingoring the part about how policy should be public and about how i asked them if i could post that next part and they said yes? done here.

I'm not siding with you and i'm not siding against you, i was simply stating my views on the situation. You shouldn't take someone disagreeing with you as a personal attack. As for policy being public, I completely agree with that, but I don't think you should feel obligated to be chosen for NAO simply because you are running a "unique comp".

#32 Lushy

Lushy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/1/2/0
  • LocationUS #1 NY

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

LET DON RUN POTATO CLEAVE, SAVE THE POTATOS!!! NO MORE POTATO FAMINES IN IRELAND!!!
Posted Image

enviqt is so cute

#33 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:06 AM

kurum thought i was being a dick with my post, i added an edit to it.

"edit: this post was a hypothetical - if they do x, then y. i said under certain circumstances they would be hypocrites. the nao staff hasnt done anything bad and they arent hypocrites. i wanted to know if they would rule out shadow ret x for bad reasons and then discuss their choice."

Posted Image

#34 Deliriumz

Deliriumz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/1/1

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

Stating an unbiased opinion on the discussion, whether you decide to let specific people in is up to you, I love the tourney no matter who plays in it.

Having played the comp a good bit as well, spriest/ret/healer probably does not last nearly as long as you think it does. Maybe in previous seasons, but the way damage is scaling right now, it won't go any longer than any other match-up. Not really sure why this would be less interesting to watch than RLS, RMP, splay. I don't know anyone out there that hasn't seen 1000x RLS matches, they've become so boring and predictable.

edit: I think most people enjoy seeing melee/caster/healer over cleaves, which may be why i'm defending this. I think its more fun to watch.

@don I would just apply in the app forum, and let NAO discuss it out and make a decision. Its their tourney, they do all the work, they get the decision..

Edited by Deliriumz, 26 March 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#35 Leonardo

Leonardo
  • Junkies
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Donald is right in that those 15min RLS games are just the worst. I would rather watch some new FOTM comp that perhaps would shape the metagame landscape
Posted Image

#36 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

@don I would just apply in the app forum, and let NAO discuss it out and make a decision. Its their tourney, they do all the work, they get the decision..

I like this idea. Input taken from everyone, as usual.

#37 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

i cant sign up with something that will get denied for no reason.

Posted Image

#38 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Input taken from everyone, as usual.

i.e., We actually do listen to feedback, and will listen to suggestions etc. from people to a reasonable extent.

We cannot promise to give you a spot just because of who you are and how unique your comp is and who you are playing with. You (or anyone else for the matter) cannot apply to this tournament assuming that they will get into the tournament 100%.

Feel free to apply and follow the proper channels, rather then just giving us an ultimatum of "guarantee me a spot or else I do not apply".

Edited by mukuld50, 26 March 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#39 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Also, for further clarification before people start complaining, saying that we are being hypocritical and not following our own rules:

Teams will be chosen largely based on current LIVE arena rating with the team they are signing up with, as well as some past achievements by the players. We are looking to bring in a UNIQUE variety of comps.

I do not see you on any team with the said comp you want to run with. You have a month's worth of time to prove that the comp will actually work on ladders.

Edited by mukuld50, 26 March 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#40 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

ya mon, i intend to follow that exact criteria to the letter (the thing that made me want to try something unique is stated right in what you posted "unique variety").

just if youre curious, it does work on live ladders, i team hop like a hyperactive rabbit so im not on the same team me and shakes leveled the other day, but he's still on it. we got 80% win loss with a couple DC losses to 2300 in one sitting over pretty decent teams (champ, neil, thasta's rls, lushy's kittycleave, thorrior's cleave, other random stuff).

Edited by Donald, 26 March 2012 - 07:11 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<