mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

So, is there NAO today? =) I definately agree that you should spread the word more. I don't understand why AJ doesn't post on front page.

Yep there is NAO today! ~4 hours 20 minutes from now (5 PM PST / 8 PM EST / not sure what it is euro time)

#182 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2371
  • 3v3: 2444
  • 5v5: 2308
  • RBG: 2169
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

90% of the 3000 people who use AJ watched the tournament. Cant do much better than that! any extras are a bonus :)

I mean yeah i agree, but the point of the tournament shouldn't just be to entertain the AJ community.. its to spread awareness of great PvPers and gain more support through the people who don't use arena junkies

#183 Fadezz^

Fadezz^
  • Fadezz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/1/.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

I mean yeah i agree, but the point of the tournament shouldn't just be to entertain the AJ community.. its to spread awareness of great PvPers and gain more support through the people who don't use arena junkies

yes but think who those people are, either complete retards who dont really play wow for anything more than the social aspect, or hardcore pvers who think pvp is a waste of time. It doesnt help that for example, when a certain someone was conducting an interview after winning the NAO he was ripping a bong. Idk to me it seems any potential sponsoring parties, not even only companies, but maybe a wealthy individual etc would be deterred by the lack of professionalism of not only the game, but the players and several aspects of the tournament.

It merely reduces the tournament to an item of amusement. Overall, they have been doing a good job aside from a few little things, most of which are not even in the staff's control.

I feel too many people either stopped playing completely or are just not interested in the game as a whole anymore, for it to return to a somewhat "competitive" environment,

#184 Inflamez

Inflamez
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 764
  • 3v3: 1748
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1546

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

"Concord" mentioned yesterday NAO3 VODs on tube. Share the link plx.
DDoS - legit strat!

#185 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2371
  • 3v3: 2444
  • 5v5: 2308
  • RBG: 2169
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

yes but think who those people are, either complete retards who dont really play wow for anything more than the social aspect, or hardcore pvers who think pvp is a waste of time. It doesnt help that for example, when a certain someone was conducting an interview after winning the NAO he was ripping a bong. Idk to me it seems any potential sponsoring parties, not even only companies, but maybe a wealthy individual etc would be deterred by the lack of professionalism of not only the game, but the players and several aspects of the tournament.

It merely reduces the tournament to an item of amusement. Overall, they have been doing a good job aside from a few little things, most of which are not even in the staff's control.

I feel too many people either stopped playing completely or are just not interested in the game as a whole anymore, for it to return to a somewhat "competitive" environment,

more or less agree with most of what you said.. whoever was ripping the bong has no self control for waiting til it was over lol.. but nonetheless ya

#186 Xandyn

Xandyn
  • Xandyn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/1/2/2/.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Yes, that could be true. But doesn't change the fact that you have a dog as your Skype picture.

#187 Fadezz^

Fadezz^
  • Fadezz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/1/1/1/.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

Yes, that could be true. But doesn't change the fact that you have a dog as your Skype picture.

my dog #1, i still prefer having ABN as my skype pic :D

Edited by Fadezz^, 10 May 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#188 Raystigz

Raystigz
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2213
  • 3v3: 2469
  • RBG: 1848
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

Collies are hardly considered dogs
twitch.tv/Raystigz stream maybe someday i'll start using it again

#189 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

idk where else to post this....

NAO has to something about DDOS and wall disconnects. the "45 second rule" has never been relevant. of course, without any rule set up at all, we could have cheaters saying in their skype calls "hey we are losing, lets alt f4 and get this game reset." there has to be a way around that. too many games have been shit on by these DCs. think of another way around it. change/come up with new rules, like, put a staff member in each call or something with their mic muted, so they could hear if the team was obviously like "ok lets DC here to reset game since we had bad start."

Posted Image

#190 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

I don't see how fake dcing would require any skype-based coordination between players
Posted Image

#191 Cpz146

Cpz146
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/1/2/2

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:35 AM

I don't see how fake dcing would require any skype-based coordination between players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<