mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

Hey guys! We are pleased to announce that the third North American Online Invitational Tournament will begin as early as May 3rd 2012! For those of you who have not yet heard about NAO, it is a tournament formed and run by players with the goal of helping and improving the WoW community. Your support and interest for these tournaments will help us improve and run them more frequently and with better prize money.

The prize money will be provided by our sponsors Curse, Elife PC, and Skill-Capped. While we do not have exact details on the prizes quite yet, let me assure you that it will be more lucrative then the past two! With a tournament prize pool of $1000 the first, and ~$4000 dollars the second, I will leave it up to you all to figure out where it could go from there ;).

Please check out and follow the stream page to show your support at: http://www.twitch.tv/naoinv

Also, do not forget to like and follow our sponsors and us on Facebook! We still have the 2000 dollar Elife PC giveaway that will be done during this upcoming third tournament, so you do not want to miss important information being posted if you're interested in getting your hands on that awesome computer.

ELifePC Facebook
NAO Gaming Facebook

Tournament Structure

The tournament will be broken down into two phases - Round Robin Phase and Double Elimination Phase.

Round Robin Phase

In order to enable the chance for more teams to participate in this tournament we have decided to invite 24 teams which will be split into FOUR randomized groups of six teams each. A round robin formatted tournament will be played out, and the top 2 teams from each group will proceed to the Final Double Elimination phase.

The teams will be chosen based on LIVE ARENA RATING as well as the diversity of comps (note that we are not restricting to a maximum of two comps this time, however the selection of teams will be discretionary based on NAO staff judgement).

Double Elimination Phase

The Tournament phase will have 6 teams competing in a double elimination format. As stated previously, the top 2 teams from each Group (A, B, C, and D) will be invited to this phase.

Please refer to the next section for the tournament schedule.

Tournament Schedule

Round-Robin Phase

Below are the dates that Round-Robin games will be played at streamed. The scheduled time for each day is from 8 PM to 11 PM EST:

Wednesday, May 2nd
Saturday, May 5th
Sunday, May 6th

Wednesday, May 9th
Saturday, May 12th
Sunday, May 13th

Wednesday, May 16th
Saturday, May 19th
Sunday, May 20th

Wednesday, May 23rd
Saturday, May 26th
Sunday, May 27th

Wednesday, June 13th
Saturday, June 16th
Sunday, June 17th

Double-Elimination phase

Below are the dates that Double-Elimination games will be played at streamed. The scheduled time for each day is from 7 PM to 11 PM EST:

Wednesday, June 20th
Saturday, June 23rd
Sunday, June 24th

GRAND FINALS

Below are the dates that Double-Elimination games will be played at streamed. The scheduled time for each day is from 8 PM to 10 PM EST:

Saturday, June 30th

We aim to make NAO into a tournament with NASL // GSL structure and feel that such a format (shorter days, but spread over the week sporadically), will accommodate the players well. We encourage the players to check the dates and tentatively make sure that they can be around those periods before signing up.

Tournament rules:

All rules are enforced based on the judgement of the Admins and Commentators, both of which hold the right to replay a specific match or disqualify a team from the tournament.

#1) Fear Ward, Water Elemental and other similar spells must only be used when the gates open. This should allow for similar times on cooldowns to a regular game.

#2) Players cannot cast short term buffs under 30 seconds that would normally be cleared after when gates open until the NAO countdown is complete.

#3) Players must follow the simple rules that allow the spectator UI to work, failure to do this will require a restart of the game. Consistent failure may result in disqualification.

#4) We are playing on the Tournament Realm - ANY GEAR AVAILABLE ON THE TR IS ALLOWED. Players MUST have purchased TR or have access to a TR account.

#5) Losers of each match will be able to choose a map that has not already been played. Nagrand will always be chosen first. In a best of 7 series a map cannot be played twice until all others have been chosen.

#6) Teams that fail to show up for an assigned time will risk disqualification

#7) We are keeping the disconnect rule at 45 seconds. If a player disconnects after the 45 second mark, the game will NOT be restarted. I HIGHLY suggest all of the players to check out a guide that I made that talks about ways to avoid DDoSing.

How to sign up:

Please head over to the NAO sign up page and follow the instructions there on how to sign up for tournament 3. Note: Signup deadline is the 27th of April, at 11:59 PM EST.

Edited by mukuld50, 28 April 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#2 Hotted

Hotted
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2295
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

firsttttttttt
Spoiler

Posted Image
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hotted89
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hotted89
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hotted89
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hotted89

#3 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

+rep

#4 Chardex

Chardex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2113

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:59 AM

Hit the benches conrad

#5 Mageic

Mageic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

oh the amount of brews to come

#6 Terribaad

Terribaad
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/0/2/.
  • Locationswe!!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

Nice!
Posted Image

#7 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

:warlock: :rogue: :shaman:

cool story bro

#8 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:47 AM

:warlock: :rogue: :shaman:

cool story bro

If you did not notice, certain PvE gear is allowed. 2 Piece hunter // 2 piece ret // pve legs for mages etc etc.

Triple DPS is AIDS, and noone wants to see that shit.

#9 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:48 AM

makes no sense to allow rls and not trip dps. rls will win again. where is that certain pve gear listed?

Posted Image

#10 Hotted

Hotted
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2295
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

Triple DPS is AIDS, and noone wants to see that shit.

Posted Image
Spoiler

Posted Image
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hotted89
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hotted89
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hotted89
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hotted89

#11 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 1666
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

nvm im dumb

Edited by Celaurthor, 24 March 2012 - 07:10 AM.

#12 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

forgot to add no EU teams because when they lose they get butt hurt and start ddosing the universe.

#13 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

Posted Image

ROFL

i first saw that and was like "oh a trick shot". only now, two hours after I first saw it, do I see the moonwalk. god i'm a fucking idiot.

#14 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 1666
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

ROFL

i first saw that and was like "oh a trick shot". only now, two hours after I first saw it, do I see the moonwalk. god i'm a fucking idiot.

lol i didn't notice the moonwalk either

#15 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

makes no sense to allow rls and not trip dps. rls will win again. where is that certain pve gear listed?

Read the rules properly and you will see it all

#16 Azaelz

Azaelz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hooray!

#17 Reclaimer

Reclaimer
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Elune
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

You better let evil Datah PhD commentate or I'm not taking you to Disney Land.

Edited by Reclaimer, 24 March 2012 - 01:58 PM.

#18 hirtqt

hirtqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

new commentators?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Donald

Donald
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

i cant tell if nao staff are joking or not when they say i cant sign up with shakes as ret shadow healer

1) i will provide vods of our games, which are not turtle (typically lasting 3-4 mins), which are very entertaining, and contain clean cc chains that lead to 3v1s with our burst cooldowns up

2) it would be rediculously inconsistent/hypocritical to say that ret shadow would be long unwatchable games, THEN TO ALLOW SPLAY AND RLS TO PLAY 45 MIN GAMES, which NO ONE can watch

3) you want "unique, fun, non-fotm comps" to sign up, HELLO?

basically if you guys want to be taken seriously you cant rule something out with no evidence, or in the face of evidence against you, and you have to be consistent.

edit: this post was a hypothetical - if they do x, then y. i said under certain circumstances they would be hypocrites. the nao staff hasnt done anything bad and they arent hypocrites. i wanted to know if they would rule out shadow ret x for bad reasons and then discuss their choice.

Edited by Donald, 26 March 2012 - 04:06 AM.

Posted Image

#20 hirtqt

hirtqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • RBG: 576

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

i cant tell if nao staff are joking or not when they say i cant sign up with shakes as ret shadow healer

1) i will provide vods of our games, which are not turtle (typically lasting 3-4 mins), which are very entertaining, and contain clean cc chains that lead to 3v1s with our burst cooldowns up

2) itd be rediculously inconsistent/hypocritical to say that ret shadow would be long unwatchable games, THEN TO ALLOW SPLAY AND RLS TO PLAY 45 MIN GAMES, which NO ONE can watch

3) you want "unique, fun, non-fotm comps" to sign up, HELLO?

basically if you guys want to be taken seriously you cant rule something out with no evidence, or in the face of evidence against you, and you have to be consistent.

isn't this like talbadar's triple healer comp in blizzcon '10?
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<