zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

View Postmdnorth, on 24 March 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

rules were meant to be broken. especially dumb ones.

heh

do you know how fucked blizz would be if that wasn't in the tos from account sharing?

people still exploit the shit out of this, and the rule is in place

#64 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

At least you didn't make a "well, wow sucks and I was gonna quit anyway, cy@ nerds at GW2 (which btw is gonna be the best game ever)" statement and for that I hope you get unbanned after a few months.

#65 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

I've been asked to do sells countless times. I still don't like them, and I think they hurt the game and ladders.

#66 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

Not going to respond to every post individually but, from a personal example: Season 10, we have 29xx in 3v3, so we try to queue, ok cool sit in 15-20 minute queue, nice get a random low team, get +0/+0, go 19-1 and end up having lost 10 points after meeting 2500+ teams. There was no reason for us to queue, its no fun spending 15+ minutes in a queue to gain nothing, it's so much easier to play on another persons account and meet the same teams but with a very short queue time.

People who boost also get a decent amount of money, i'm pretty sure almost every gladiator level player, if asked, would do a quick easy boost and get some easy money.

And the excuse that it will stop lower rated players playing is pretty silly, the same can be said if people play alt characters.

I have nothing against people who boost and i would rather they boost than not, i would want the activity for me to play against. The title is easy enough to get at the end of the season if your team is good enough anyway, but i would also like to play during the season, not just the first 2 weeks and the last 2 weeks.

And idk about you, but when i first started playing and i met a good opponent it just encouraged me more to play better to beat them, not to quit the game and give up trying.

#67 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostNycto, on 25 March 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Not going to respond to every post individually but, from a personal example: Season 10, we have 29xx in 3v3, so we try to queue, ok cool sit in 15-20 minute queue, nice get a random low team, get +0/+0, go 19-1 and end up having lost 10 points after meeting 2500+ teams. There was no reason for us to queue, its no fun spending 15+ minutes in a queue to gain nothing, it's so much easier to play on another persons account and meet the same teams but with a very short queue time.

People who boost also get a decent amount of money, i'm pretty sure almost every gladiator level player, if asked, would do a quick easy boost and get some easy money.

And the excuse that it will stop lower rated players playing is pretty silly, the same can be said if people play alt characters.

I have nothing against people who boost and i would rather they boost than not, i would want the activity for me to play against. The title is easy enough to get at the end of the season if your team is good enough anyway, but i would also like to play during the season, not just the first 2 weeks and the last 2 weeks.

And idk about you, but when i first started playing and i met a good opponent it just encouraged me more to play better to beat them, not to quit the game and give up trying.
Uh so we tell you that you should try and look at it NOT only from your own point of view and you go ahead and post this.

Boosting is awesome for you, yes, probably anyone in your place would do it (and a lotta people do), but does this mean it's good for the arena system as a whole? Does it promote arena or WoW PvP in general? Do you hear people say "this boosting shit in WoW is awesome, I wanna get involved"?
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#68 hirtqt

hirtqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 732

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

If you can't beat the boost teams... join them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

View Posthirtqt, on 25 March 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

If you can't beat the boost teams... join them.

... Yeah, that's exactly why boosting ruins the ladder.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#70 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostStubsy, on 24 March 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Well, you obviously can. But the effort you have to put into it is just crazy. Also you have to make sure to keep the work up and people have to like you. You can't be a dick cuz people will simply hate you.
Boosts are just fast and easy money. 80% of the people on this forum can push any team in any viable setup to 2,2k or 2,4k with barely any effort at all. You just do what you always do: Sit in the basement in front of your PC and play some arenas with your 'friends'.
Making a YouTube Channel and edit movies like weekly is like having a second job. You have to like to edit videos and stuff and put some effort into it.
Swifty began making videos in classic already. So don't describe it as an easy thing to do. You basically have to built up  your own community or fan base.
So boosting looks like a more chilled way to me to earn some fair amount of money.

that's the point isn't it? one's a legal and hard way of making money, while the other is illegal and easy. it's like selling homework or taking tests for others....gets you expelled if you get caught. stop acting like this should be kept in the game without any consequence.

• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

View Postinhume, on 25 March 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

that's the point isn't it? one's a legal and hard way of making money, while the other is illegal and easy. it's like selling homework or taking tests for others....gets you expelled if you get caught. stop acting like this should be kept in the game without any consequence.
Honestly you shouldn't blame the people selling but the people who actually buy this stuff. I wonder what's wrong with 'em, honestly. Pretty sure Blizzard is trying to do their best to solve it.

#72 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:19 AM

View PostStubsy, on 25 March 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

Honestly you shouldn't blame the people selling but the people who actually buy this stuff. I wonder what's wrong with 'em, honestly. Pretty sure Blizzard is trying to do their best to solve it.
Really?

#73 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostThaya, on 25 March 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

Uh so we tell you that you should try and look at it NOT only from your own point of view and you go ahead and post this.

Boosting is awesome for you, yes, probably anyone in your place would do it (and a lotta people do), but does this mean it's good for the arena system as a whole? Does it promote arena or WoW PvP in general? Do you hear people say "this boosting shit in WoW is awesome, I wanna get involved"?

I can see it from other peoples pov, i would have thought it's more fun facing good teams and getting queue pops than sitting in long queues and getting bad teams?

My friends who are lower rated seemed to get excited if they met a gladiator or really good team, even though they were low rated, they played because it was fun not because they didnt get a title.

#74 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostNycto, on 26 March 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

I can see it from other peoples pov, i would have thought it's more fun facing good teams and getting queue pops than sitting in long queues and getting bad teams?

My friends who are lower rated seemed to get excited if they met a gladiator or really good team, even though they were low rated, they played because it was fun not because they didnt get a title.
Ya except that they meet rival teams played by gladiator players. I also highly doubt that fast queues at 2.2k are provided by or thanks to boosters.

#75 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostThaya, on 26 March 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

Ya except that they meet rival teams played by gladiator players. I also highly doubt that fast queues at 2.2k are provided by or thanks to boosters.
except at low rating you wont only be meeting 1 team lol

#76 Paulweezy

Paulweezy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2339

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

woot now to get the rest.

#77 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

View PostNycto, on 26 March 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

except at low rating you wont only be meeting 1 team lol
Obviously. You still meet players playing their own characters at high ratings as well. How is that relevant at all?

#78 Leeston

Leeston
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

It's funny how people keep arguing in favor of boosting.  The only positive thing it does is give lower rated teams practice against incredibly skilled players.  However, it also cheats them out of the end of season rewards.  I only wish there was more that blizzard could do to stop this permanently because banning an account doesn't solve anything.  I'm sure the people boosting are making far more money than it would cost to buy another copy of wow.  Funny thing is, they don't even need to own an account to boost so it hardly solves anything.  The only way I really see them being able to stop boosting is if they took legal action against the people involved.  I'm not sure if they could even do this, and if they could, I doubt they would because it would be so costly and time consuming.  I really wish that the ladders could be completely fair and free of win trading and account sharing but until they come up with a better system, it's an unrealistic expectation.

#79 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostLeeston, on 30 March 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

It's funny how people keep arguing in favor of boosting.  The only positive thing it does is give lower rated teams practice against incredibly skilled players.  However, it also cheats them out of the end of season rewards.  I only wish there was more that blizzard could do to stop this permanently because banning an account doesn't solve anything.  I'm sure the people boosting are making far more money than it would cost to buy another copy of wow.  Funny thing is, they don't even need to own an account to boost so it hardly solves anything.  The only way I really see them being able to stop boosting is if they took legal action against the people involved.  I'm not sure if they could even do this, and if they could, I doubt they would because it would be so costly and time consuming.  I really wish that the ladders could be completely fair and free of win trading and account sharing but until they come up with a better system, it's an unrealistic expectation.

Yup, you hit it on the head. Once boosting surfaces on a ranking system, it's almost impossible to root out for the very reasons you mentioned. The members of the AJ community and the "WoW esport" community who encourage and/or offer these sells should be fucking ashamed of themselves. You are ruining the game. I don't mean making it less fun for some people. No. You are ruining the competitive ecosystem for everyone.

And there's just no turning back. The ladder isn't going to be magically restored, even if these so-called representatives of the PVP community decide to stop offering sells (they won't). The precedent has been set. Thousands of players have given up on the ladder system because all they can queue into are pro/semipro players in the reward brackets, ensuring that they'll never get anywhere because we all know that they stand no chance against these veteran players.

Part of the WoW playerbase has been pushed toward buying rating (don't get me wrong the number is small, but it has a drastic impact), and as a result PVP rewards don't mean anything anymore. The pathetic glad sellers have literally sold the integrity of this game's entire competitive ranking system. And like Leeson said, you can't do shit to stop them.

So you have this small group of players whoring themselves out to the detriment of the ladder, and meanwhile players like Conradical and Nycto not only defending them, but somehow having the temerity to say that "glad sells help the ladder". Are you fucking kidding me? Some of you will call me out for posting just another whiny negative post about the state of the game. And you know what? You're right. This post is negative as fuck. So why do I post at all? Because I used to love playing WoW arena, and look at the state it's in now. Balance is an issue, but it's not what ruined this game's fun factor. Imbalance has always been there. But this type of disintegration of the good competitive aspects of the game? Trash my posts all you've want, but glad sellers have ruined this game, and I don't think I'm being overly melodramatic in saying that it might not ever recover.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#80 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 31 March 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Yup, you hit it on the head. Once boosting surfaces on a ranking system, it's almost impossible to root out for the very reasons you mentioned. The members of the AJ community and the "WoW esport" community who encourage and/or offer these sells should be fucking ashamed of themselves. You are ruining the game. I don't mean making it less fun for some people. No. You are ruining the competitive ecosystem for everyone.

And there's just no turning back. The ladder isn't going to be magically restored, even if these so-called representatives of the PVP community decide to stop offering sells (they won't). The precedent has been set. Thousands of players have given up on the ladder system because all they can queue into are pro/semipro players in the reward brackets, ensuring that they'll never get anywhere because we all know that they stand no chance against these veteran players.

Part of the WoW playerbase has been pushed toward buying rating (don't get me wrong the number is small, but it has a drastic impact), and as a result PVP rewards don't mean anything anymore. The pathetic glad sellers have literally sold the integrity of this game's entire competitive ranking system. And like Leeson said, you can't do shit to stop them.

So you have this small group of players whoring themselves out to the detriment of the ladder, and meanwhile players like Conradical and Nycto not only defending them, but somehow having the temerity to say that "glad sells help the ladder". Are you fucking kidding me? Some of you will call me out for posting just another whiny negative post about the state of the game. And you know what? You're right. This post is negative as fuck. So why do I post at all? Because I used to love playing WoW arena, and look at the state it's in now. Balance is an issue, but it's not what ruined this game's fun factor. Imbalance has always been there. But this type of disintegration of the good competitive aspects of the game? Trash my posts all you've want, but glad sellers have ruined this game, and I don't think I'm being overly melodramatic in saying that it might not ever recover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<