• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

THANK YOU
Spoiler

Edited by Conradical, 24 March 2012 - 02:38 AM.

#22 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

thats what u get for having a retard voiceover your video

#23 avoid

avoid
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

View PostKekmoo, on 24 March 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

pwnd

#24 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

I don't give a fuck about your account, but that video is hilarious
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#25 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostNycto, on 24 March 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

I'm curious, loads of people moan that people who boost ruin the ladder. I don't see how they ruin the ladder, if anything they make it more active for the better players, having people doing gladiator boosts means there are constantly good players playing. Without the boosts i'm pretty positive most people wouldn't play ladder anywhere nearly as actively as they currently do, so the boosts do nothing but increase activity.

I guess i understand that you might feel cheated out of a gladiator spot, but at the end of the day you weren't good enough to play consistently enough/beat enough high rated teams to reach the rating you need for your title.

Banning people because of it seems silly, it's against tos sure but to me it's a positive for arena.
They definitely increase activity for top players but saying "boosts do nothing but increase activity" is just plain dumb. Just because the damage they do doesn't affect you in particular doesn't mean you can dismiss it entirely. It's definitely not a positive for arena as a whole.

They should just introduce rating decay, like there is in every other Blizzard title. That would kill both boosts (or at least make them much harder to do/maintain) and increase activity tons. Maybe Blizzard would notice how stale the ladders are if people didn't boost.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#26 ady

ady
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow
  • RBG: 2328

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

I'm curious, loads of people moan that people who boost ruin the ladder. I don't see how they ruin the ladder, if anything they make it more active for the better players, having people doing gladiator boosts means there are constantly good players playing. Without the boosts i'm pretty positive most people wouldn't play ladder anywhere nearly as actively as they currently do, so the boosts do nothing but increase activity.

I guess i understand that you might feel cheated out of a gladiator spot, but at the end of the day you weren't good enough to play consistently enough/beat enough high rated teams to reach the rating you need for your title.

Banning people because of it seems silly, it's against tos sure but to me it's a positive for arena.
most of the time they're boosting characters that how low mmr and obviously low rating, so when you lose to a team of boosters, you end up losing to a team with mmr of like 2k (if you get them before they get to glad rating) when their team rating on their mains is probably higher than yours which screws you over
Posted Image

#27 wrathebe

wrathebe
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/1/.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:24 AM

View PostHeroFish, on 24 March 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

u aint no hero m8

there's only one true hero

Posted Image

#28 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

ya man the ladder is so good cause of boosting, because low end duelists and high end rivals have so much fun getting crushed at 2000-2100 rating to guys who have gotten rank1 multiple times

get real kids, that will never help the ladder

#29 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

This is just so wrong it makes my brain hurt.

The Gladiator title, by definition, is supposed to go to the top 0.5% of players in 3v3 and 5v5. The thing is, Glad sells have become so rampant that that number is probably, what, 0.3% now? That might even be generous. The same players are filling the ladder with "Gladiator" teams, reducing the number of unique players that are able to crack that 0.5%.

Sure, maybe glad sells do allow these R1 players to play while not sitting on their rating. So the teams doing sells are playing instead of doing their season-long sit -- but they're just playing against eachother.

The consequence of this is that for normal players, getting into Gladiator range becomes extremely unlikely as the players they have to beat to even get to 2200 are those same R1 players who are now either playing for a low-glad spot just like the normal players are, or are playing for a definitely-safe glad spot which just makes the cutoff that much higher, and that much more inaccessible to the plebes.

These rival/duelist players then proceed to give up on getting Gladiator legitimately since the opponents they would need to beat are the top 0.1% instead of the low end of the 0.5% cutoff. So they pay for these R1 players to get them Gladiator, continuing (and compounding) the cycle.

The R1 players who say that 'sells encourage participation' don't realize that it only encourages THEIR participation. They think the arena ladder is more active only because they aren't sitting on their teams for 6 months like they usually do.

The rivals and duelists and near-gladiators are crucial to the arena ladder 'ecosystem'. You might think they're just inconsequential things that can be removed from the food chain with no consequence, but like in nature it just doesn't work that way. The 0.5% system and the ladder in general requires a steady rise in skill the higher you go up the rankings -- but with the abundance of glad selling going on, there is a definite skill gap disrupting the ladder, and it's ruining arena.

Edited by Ctuhlu, 24 March 2012 - 03:38 AM.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#30 wrathebe

wrathebe
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/1/.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

by other means, lvl a fucking alt instead of accountsharing u jerks

#31 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

Im here for you man /hug
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#32 Tuxer

Tuxer
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2201
  • 3v3: 2131

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:42 AM

Welcome to da club. The grass is greener without WoW don't worry.
Soul Brother #2
I am the reincarnation of Yeezus
http://www.twitch.tv/TuxerTV
#420dank

#33 Faetalx

Faetalx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/1/.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

Gonna miss you brother.
Posted Image

#34 yusehz

yusehz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2465
  • Locationchina

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

RIP Bob.

the voiceover on that video made that video 200x better.
Posted Image
www.twitch.tv/yusehz
www.youtube.com/user/yusehz/

#35 hearthadinlol

hearthadinlol
  • Kaska
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

yeah i never did like you
Posted Image

#36 snikkix

snikkix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 1504

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

who did the voiceover

i suppose i could resort to prostitution if i'm ever desperate for money - Maldazzar

#37 yarubi

yarubi
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2309

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

nice kittycleave

#38 Swaggahqt

Swaggahqt
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Quel'Thalas
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

View PostCtuhlu, on 24 March 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:

This is just so wrong it makes my brain hurt.

The Gladiator title, by definition, is supposed to go to the top 0.5% of players in 3v3 and 5v5. The thing is, Glad sells have become so rampant that that number is probably, what, 0.3% now? That might even be generous. The same players are filling the ladder with "Gladiator" teams, reducing the number of unique players that are able to crack that 0.5%.

Sure, maybe glad sells do allow these R1 players to play while not sitting on their rating. So the teams doing sells are playing instead of doing their season-long sit -- but they're just playing against eachother.

The consequence of this is that for normal players, getting into Gladiator range becomes extremely unlikely as the players they have to beat to even get to 2200 are those same R1 players who are now either playing for a low-glad spot just like the normal players are, or are playing for a definitely-safe glad spot which just makes the cutoff that much higher, and that much more inaccessible to the plebes.

These rival/duelist players then proceed to give up on getting Gladiator legitimately since the opponents they would need to beat are the top 0.1% instead of the low end of the 0.5% cutoff. So they pay for these R1 players to get them Gladiator, continuing (and compounding) the cycle.

The R1 players who say that 'sells encourage participation' don't realize that it only encourages THEIR participation. They think the arena ladder is more active only because they aren't sitting on their teams for 6 months like they usually do.

The rivals and duelists and near-gladiators are crucial to the arena ladder 'ecosystem'. You might think they're just inconsequential things that can be removed from the food chain with no consequence, but like in nature it just doesn't work that way. The 0.5% system and the ladder in general requires a steady rise in skill the higher you go up the rankings -- but with the abundance of glad selling going on, there is a definite skill gap disrupting the ladder, and it's ruining arena.

^

have no sympathy for people that account share

#39 Genz

Genz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

That voiceover was is so dam awesome D:
gnna miss yah i guess :o

#40 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostEnsipid, on 24 March 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

Not only did you account share but you're also a self proclaimed hero. Someone on the internet will miss you I'm sure.

bitch werent you just claiming you quit the game and were so done?

keep it movin hoe
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<