• Poppydtf
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shandris
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Unholy
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Ddosing cannot be prevented, exposing your IP can.

#22 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostPoppychulo, on 07 September 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Ddosing cannot be prevented, exposing your IP can.

#23 charles34534534

charles34534534
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostConradical, on 07 September 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

It's true.

#24 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostConradical, on 07 September 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

that guy is a ddoser, not of online tournaments, but of 2100 mmr rbgs at the end of the season :/
Posted Image

#25 Zelyx

Zelyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/1/0

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

great post

#26 Poppychulo

Poppychulo
  • Poppydtf
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shandris
  • Emberstorm
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

View Postflannelsoff, on 08 September 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

that guy is a ddoser, not of online tournaments, but of 2100 mmr rbgs at the end of the season :/

This guy gets his account played not by mes, but his brother.

yolo

#27 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

View PostPoppychulo, on 08 September 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

This guy gets his account played not by mes, but his brother.

yolo

plz just stop posting

#28 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

The point of this thread is for preventative measures to being ddosed. I "....."ed because it was the most pointless statement I've ever seen.

#29 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

I honestly don't know what is wrong with some people lol..
Posted Image

#30 Poppychulo

Poppychulo
  • Poppydtf
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shandris
  • Emberstorm
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

View Postflannelsoff, on 08 September 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

I honestly don't know what is wrong with some people lol..

i Know what's wrong with you though :)

#31 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostPoppychulo, on 08 September 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

i Know what's wrong with you though :)
No, you don't. You are complete imbosal idiot, now leave this website
Posted Image

#32 Poppychulo

Poppychulo
  • Poppydtf
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shandris
  • Emberstorm
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

View Postflannelsoff, on 08 September 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

No, you don't. You are complete imbosal idiot, now leave this website

Not sure if you mean "imbecile" but i'm starting to see signs of mild retardation on your side. Either way, as long as your happy i'm not to judge.

#33 hotcowz

hotcowz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

I tried socks5 proxies on that site and neither of them could hide my ip.

#34 Sagild

Sagild
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/1/1/.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

Nice guide! So by running skype off of a proxy, I wouldn't have to hide it with Streamprivacy every time i stream?
Posted Image

#35 Stretchmarks

Stretchmarks

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

i did the steps in the security thing in skype and my ip still shows up the same

#36 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

There are a few misunderstandings here. You cannot change your IP address. IP addresses are leased to a modem (you can change your computer's local IP, which does nothing).

You cannot change your modem's MAC address. Well you can, but it is against federal law to do change anything within a modem. You can change your router's MAC address, which also does nothing. I once had a project to change an old modem's MAC address (which is against federal law by the way, so I wouldn't recommend it as any permanent solution). It requires work, as in opening the hardware and modifying the chipset via soldering. Didn't complete. Would like to get back to it someday.

Changing anything within your router does nothing, as the hardware setup goes Modem>Router>Computer, and DoS/DDoS attacks will hit your Modem first, therefore the packets are still being received, even if they are being rejected by the router.

Disconnecting your modem/router will not change IP address, as IP addresses are assigned and leased by an ISP to a modem.

In order to change your IP address, the only guaranteed way to change this is to switch ISPs. IP addresses work in blocks, and each block is owned by an IP company. Example (no accurate numbers, just an example):
IP address 100.0.0.0 though 102.255.255.255 is owned by Comcast
Ip address 11.0.90.0 though 11.0.255.255 is owned by Time Warner
Swapping ISPs will take you to a separate block, hence guaranteeing an IP address change.

Its possible that if you call your IP and tell them you can't connect, and get them to do a remote reset on your router that your IP address might change, but it also might not. You would have to try it out.

Technically, software like peerblock (www.peerblock.com) should deflect DDoS attacks (unconfirmed) in the same way a firewall would filter undesirable packets, however the packets will still be getting to you as they have to go though your modem first, and on top of that the way peerblock works they would have to be on one of the public block lists, otherwise peerblock would not block it. If you can intercept the IP addresses the packet bombings are coming from you can manually add those IP addresses into a peerblock blocking list.

The best thing you can do, is to use a VPN, or not let anyone get ahold of your IP address. If this means using a skype proxy, or not using skype at all, then so be it. I dont recall anything ever being wrong with vent back in the BC days, and steam voice chat seems to works just as well as skype, besides a mute button (not sure if IPs can be extracted via steam chat though).

Information comes from a DC operations engineer who deals with industrial level DDoS attacks on a very regular basis. The only way to effectively counter a DDoS attack at the industrial level is to obtain larger connections and hardware which costs tens of thousands of dollars.

Edited by Ownu, 22 December 2012 - 03:45 AM.

#37 zaeya

zaeya
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostOwnu, on 20 December 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

There are a few misunderstandings here. You cannot change your IP address. IP addresses are leased to a modem (you can change your computer's local IP, which does nothing).

If your IP address is dynamic, and you have access to your router, it is in fact, very legal and possible to change your IP by changing the MAC address of your router and resetting your modem. You will be assigned a new, different IP based on the MAC address.

However, with the Skype resolvers people are using to obtain your IP address via your Skype username, changing your IP and making a new Skype may no longer be an effective method to stop being attacked by someone who has access to any Skype username you have stored on your machine.

If you are connected to the internet and have Skype installed on your machine, even if you are not logged on to that Skype username, Skype can be sending and/or receiving some data involving all usernames you have on your machine. We seem to have remedied this by deleting the old usernames from your machine when you create a new one prior to obtaining a new IP address. This is incredibly frustrating, as many of us have very large contact lists in order to enjoy the game at any given time, but so far it is the only way we have been able to stop attackers from just obtaining our new IP addresses.

To delete a Skype username from your machine:

Hold the Windows key and type r.  In the box that comes up type %appdata%\Skype <enter>.

Find and delete any folder with the Skype  name of an account you want to remove.

------ An alternative --------

An alternative to deleting your Skype username (thus holding onto the chat history) is to install Skype on a Flash USB drive. You could have two thumbdrives with two installations, one with your real Skype for when you don't need to avoid an attack and one that you use to create new Skypes to avoid ddos.

Before starting RBGs or a ladder climb (or games for fun as it's been lately), disconnect from the internet and Skype, remove the thumb drive with your real Skype installation. Insert your thumb drive with your other Skype installation, reset your IP and create a new Skype name on your alternative installation. I would make a new one every time you play with new people, and delete it from the thumb drive when you are done.

Edited by zaeya, 16 January 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#38 venrook

venrook
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2045

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

Test mic test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users