• Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

North American Online Invitational Grand Finals

Today we've ready to present to you the much anticipated NAO Grand Finals between the teams keep it rolling and Team EG. A decision was made by the NAO staff to keep the score 3-2 (Team EG - keep it rolling) despite the technical difficulties that occurred during the Grand Finals. We've learned a lot from this experience, and we promise you that the next upcoming NAO Tournament will have a better set of rules to help tackle issues such as those that arose during the Grand Finals.

The 15 minute time-limit was removed from the offline games. The last game played in the series was actually 43 minutes long; that's how closely matched these two great teams are. Some technical difficulties were experienced while recording this game, and hence the whole game was unfortunately not captured.  We do apologize, and will work hard to avoid these issues in the future. Still, the end result is some really high quality play from these two teams. Click here to start watching the finals playlist, or simply click on the videos below.

keep it rolling vs Team EG

Original Snutz Kollektiv :rogue: :warlock: :shaman: vs :warlock: :priest: :shaman: Azael Talbadar Cdew

Make sure to follow the WoWSpotlights YouTube channel!

Snutz Interview + Snutz 5

Can't get enough of Snutz's awesome gameplay after watching the NAO finals? In case you've been living under a rock and you've missed Snutz 5, right before the tournament we sat down with him to ask him a couple of questions and of course get a chance to share this amazing movie with as many of you as possible.

Q: Hello, Snutz! You're quite a well known warlock, but can you please tell a bit about yourself?
A: Hello everyone, my name is Kelvin Nguyen but many of you guys know me as Snutz. I have been a part of the WoW eSports scene for quite some time now, and although WoW is currently not very active with live tournaments, I still love playing and competition is what keeps me entertained in this game. I am currently playing with Kollektiv and Original as RLS and we seem to be doing quite well in both the ladder play and the NAO tournament. All of you guys have experienced seeing me or meeting me either online, or at Blizzcon or even past MLG tournaments.

Q: Your team is quite possibly the best RLS in the world. Can you tell us a little bit about why you choose to play this comp?
A: Like I mentioned above, I am currently playing RLS with Original and Kollektiv. I feel that RLS is the best comp on live ladders at the moment, with or without PVE gear (Though PVE gear does make a huge difference). I am playing this comp because it is my favorite comp to play, in the past I have always played Rogue/Lock comps with Reckful and a Healer, and I feel like my synergy with Rogues goes far beyond anything else. Not to mention Rogues are really strong right now. My coordination with Original/ Kollektiv seems to be really good, and Original has been playing RLS for a while now, while Kollektiv is just a beast Shaman so playing with these two is really enjoyable and playing my favorite comp makes it that much better.

Q: Can you give us some insight into why you do really well as an RLS? What is your role as a warlock?
A: Lets see.. my role as a Warlock in RLS seems to be a really PvE damage based play style and many (including myself) can consider this to be really boring. In the state that the game is in right now, Rogues are insanely strong and can burst and lock down targets well, so my job is to just keep dots on as many targets as possible and try to call the best swaps that I can. People think that the general strategy that a warlock uses is to DoT two targets and fear the others, but I prefer just trying to keep dots on everything so it makes it that much easier to swap to them. Of course there will be situations where you will need your dots to fall off in order to spam CC on a certain target, but I prefer sitting back and just spamming my dots. My play style has always been about swaps, and lining things up perfect, which I probably got from playing RMP all the time. It may seem overkill when I want to line up the triple CC strat but that is the playstyle that I generally like to play and it seems to be going pretty well.

Q: What's one thing a Warlock of any level can do to improve their game?
A: One of the most important things a Warlock, or any player for that matter should adjust getting used to is making up room for Focus and Target Arena 1-3 macros. I found this the best way to improve your game play, it is an easy way to increase your awareness and you should be able to CS things a lot easier, as well as target things a lot faster. Generally, as a Warlock you always want to just use your globals wisely and try your best to always have that timer spinning, while casting your DoTs or trying to fake CS. Try changing your focus, or try paying attention to where your teammates and enemies are while doing your regular gameplay, this will definitely help you with what exactly you want to do.

Q: That's some great advice, Snutz. Thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions
A: Thank you for watching my movie and following me, if you would like to see more of my game play you can check me out at twitch.tv/snutzy, where I will answer many of your questions and definitely try to give you the best game play possible!

#2 Chizzey

Chizzey
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2160

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

Very nice!

#3 Superkåre

Superkåre
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

that 10 second music loop is really fucking annoying

#4 Eowynnz

Eowynnz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1778
  • 3v3: 2176
  • 5v5: 2242
  • RBG: 1655

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

[quote name='Superkåre' timestamp='1330782157' post='3655831']
[/quote]
Seconded
twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#5 Kekmoo

Kekmoo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2357
  • 3v3: 2733
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

[/quote]
Thirded??

#6 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

[quote name='Eowynnz' timestamp='1330783121' post='3655841']
Seconded
[/quote]

fourded
Posted Image

#7 Secksonlegs

Secksonlegs
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2113

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

[/quote]
edit: Five-ded

Edited by Secksonlegs, 03 March 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#8 Nermó

Nermó
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

so boring games :(
Posted Image

#9 Rinolduus

Rinolduus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 192

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

final-ly!

#10 Daawarlock

Daawarlock
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

[/quote]
Man, it's the MC tune... How can you hate that? o_O

Edited by Daawarlock, 03 March 2012 - 07:02 PM.

(>'_')># I was going to give you this waffle.
#<('_'<) But then I was like.
(>'#'<) I'm hungry.
(>'-'<) So I ate it.

#11 googleus

googleus
  • Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:47 AM

UH Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<