• Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Tosan's Mage Rogue vs. Paladin Deathknight Video Guide
Today we've got a pretty neat 2v2 strategy and play by play video from Tosan (also known as Rykinia). He's quite a talented player capable of playing multiple classes at a very high level, and today he's going to be going through a step by step video guide on how to defeat :deathknight: :paladin: in 2v2 as :mage: :rogue: from a mage point of view. Pay close attention to the advice he gives, as a lot of these strategies for managing crowd controls also apply to other team setups featuring rogues and mages. Make sure to subscribe to the WowSpotlights YouTube channel to catch up with all the future WoW videos.

Curse Weekly Roundup
In other gaming news, Curse's Pico gives us news on the goings on in the gaming world featuring games such as Minecraft, LoL, Guild Wars 2, Realm of the Mad God, Aion and Border Lands 2. Make sure to check it out to stay up to date with gaming news!

#2 yysnake

yysnake
  • Ysnaake
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

I don't want to diss on better players than myself, but a Mage/Rogue guide?

After a few fails, you understand the concept of the comp and achieve success by simply pumping damage into the enemy team.

I've played Mage/Rogue against top10 rated teams on my BG, and it's nothing special, all about synergy and being able to coordinate CDs with your partner, 95% of the time, we would force a bubble from the Paladin in the opener, rest is easy.

#3 Heyletsgotomyhause

Heyletsgotomyhause
  • Members

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

[quote name='Ysmerion' timestamp='1330555361' post='3653813']

After a few fails, you understand the concept of the comp and achieve success by simply pumping damage into the enemy team.

I've played Mage/Rogue against top10 rated teams on my BG, and it's nothing special, all about synergy and being able to coordinate CDs with your partner, 95% of the time, we would force a bubble from the Paladin in the opener, rest is easy.
[/quote]

ya ur cool

#4 Nermó

Nermó
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

[quote name='Ysmerion' timestamp='1330555361' post='3653813']

[/quote]

Yes, that is whats working against 1700 teams
Posted Image

#5 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

@Ysmerion: We have a ton of different types of guides on the site,  high end 2v2/3v3 and general class guides; they just happened to choose a Rogue/Mage 2v2 as a sample arbitrarily.  Not all players have the same understanding of the game/play at the same level obviously so it's impossible to make a "one-size-fits-all" guide.  Remember everyone is different :)

#6 yysnake

yysnake
  • Ysnaake
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

[quote name='Tosan' timestamp='1330558624' post='3653847']
@Ysmerion: We have a ton of different types of guides on the site,  high end 2v2/3v3 and general class guides; they just happened to choose a Rogue/Mage 2v2 as a sample arbitrarily.  Not all players have the same understanding of the game/play at the same level obviously so it's impossible to make a "one-size-fits-all" guide.  Remember everyone is different :)
[/quote]

Aye, I would say you were fighting much more competent players, as I can see from the video, than what my BG has to offer. We usually just lost to a mirror or me fucking up the opener.

Like I said, didn't want to diss, but imagine if you came to the website and wanted to look for a guide and it actually shows you this one, would probably check out more of your videos, it's just that Mage/Rogue falls into the "scum" stereotype, and also, it's 2s :/

But that's just my 5 cents.

#7 Melior

Melior
  • Members

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

[quote name='Ysmerion' timestamp='1330560505' post='3653866']
Aye, I would say you were fighting much more competent players, as I can see from the video, than what my BG has to offer. We usually just lost to a mirror or me fucking up the opener.

Like I said, didn't want to diss, but imagine if you came to the website and wanted to look for a guide and it actually shows you this one, would probably check out more of your videos, it's just that Mage/Rogue falls into the "scum" stereotype, and also, it's 2s :/

[/quote]
you've got 2.5 times more cents than everyone else :o WITCH

#8 podsta

podsta
  • Members

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:19 AM

[quote name='Ysmerion' timestamp='1330560505' post='3653866']

[/quote]

Dude, you are talking sh!t. negative comments dragging on and on about nothing but crap.

If you have nothing positive to say or anything to contribute then don't talk, you put no effort into contributing anything to this community besides your worthless negative attitude.

Many thanks to Tosan and the post for this fantastic guide, great effort.
Very informative, good pace, clear voice, can't wait to see more videos.

Cheers,

#9 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:24 AM

14 minutes guide on Rogue Mage vs. DK Paladin :

Not sure ^

#10 Claythorne

Claythorne
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 1335

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:17 AM

pico is #1
Posted Image

#11 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

[quote name='Tosan' timestamp='1330558624' post='3653847']
[/quote]

screw the naysayers tosan,also u need to stream more with alot more singing broham.

#12 Genz

Genz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

Love Tosan and his video :D
great vid

#13 Genz

Genz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

[quote name='FuguFish' timestamp='1330592709' post='3654150']
Uhh...did that DK trinket a cheapshot instead of using IBF out of the opener? I don't see a silence debuff
[/quote]

He needs 20runic power to use IBF.

#14 FuguFish

FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

[quote name='Genz' timestamp='1330592859' post='3654151']
He needs 20runic power to use IBF.
[/quote]

haha yeah forgot about that it's early over here :P

#15 Yes

Yes
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

Yep, you need RP for IBF! That's why you presap the DK sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<