Feorblade
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2280

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:57 AM

This seems to be the thread to ask for help in. I've been getting spam DDosed the past couple of days by some dude whose skype name is Pete.Harrienz (or at least was when he randomly tried adding me to skype) My situation seems to be a little different than most people since I live in an apartment that's part of my school, so internet here works a lot like it did in the dorms (i.e. I plug my ethernet cable into the wall rather than a modem.) I figured in order to get my IP reset I had to call my ISP but whenever they asked for the account # or anything of that regard, I have no idea since I'm part of a business account that supplies internet to the entire apartment complex. As far as I know, there's no way for me to actually change my IP so I just get DDosed everytime I turn stream on, I play with a friend who is streaming, or the guy knows I am queing arena. I tried doing the thing that Dawnlol posted but it didn't help, I still got DDosed everytime I got into an arena and I'm not really sure what I can do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated from you guys, and my sympathies go out to anyone who has been DDosed themselves or plays with anyone who has been getting DDosed, it's not a fun experience at all. :(

#42 Dehlol

Dehlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1668
  • 3v3: 2545
  • 5v5: 1740
  • RBG: 2247

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

You need to take it up with your school's IT department feorblade, thank you for his skype name, anyone else who feels like DDoSing him back later tonight is welcome to join me :)

#43 Lshrsh

Lshrsh
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Skywall
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 384

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:07 AM

View PostFeorblade, on 25 February 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

This seems to be the thread to ask for help in. I've been getting spam DDosed the past couple of days by some dude whose skype name is Pete.Harrienz (or at least was when he randomly tried adding me to skype) My situation seems to be a little different than most people since I live in an apartment that's part of my school, so internet here works a lot like it did in the dorms (i.e. I plug my ethernet cable into the wall rather than a modem.) I figured in order to get my IP reset I had to call my ISP but whenever they asked for the account # or anything of that regard, I have no idea since I'm part of a business account that supplies internet to the entire apartment complex. As far as I know, there's no way for me to actually change my IP so I just get DDosed everytime I turn stream on, I play with a friend who is streaming, or the guy knows I am queing arena. I tried doing the thing that Dawnlol posted but it didn't help, I still got DDosed everytime I got into an arena and I'm not really sure what I can do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated from you guys, and my sympathies go out to anyone who has been DDosed themselves or plays with anyone who has been getting DDosed, it's not a fun experience at all. :(

Which means you're plugged into a switch. The network administrators at your school should be seeing the increased traffic. As someone mentioned, you can use Wireshark to sniff packets and see the ip addresses of all network traffic on your machine. I doubt the ip address leads back to someones own personal connection, though.

#44 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

View PostDehlol, on 25 February 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

You need to take it up with your school's IT department feorblade, thank you for his skype name, anyone else who feels like DDoSing him back later tonight is welcome to join me :)

this is the opposite of helping

#45 Dehlol

Dehlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

View Postzephah, on 25 February 2012 - 06:23 AM, said:

this is the opposite of helping
Shutting down the guy for a few hours so people can stream/enjoy the game they play for = opposite of helping? Clearly reasoning with him and asking him nicely works well, shame people like feorblade CANT get around it.

View Postburial, on 25 February 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

it seems like a lot of people in this thread are forgetting ddosing is illegal
So is speeding, but I bet you still do it.

#46 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

View PostDehlol, on 25 February 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

Shutting down the guy for a few hours so people can stream/enjoy the game they play for = opposite of helping? Clearly reasoning with him and asking him nicely works well, shame people like feorblade CANT get around it.

So is speeding, but I bet you still do it.

apples and oranges

#47 Dehlol

Dehlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

View Postburial, on 25 February 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

i don't sign onto public forums and blab about how much i speed in a way that's easily attributed to me
Helping people out is so bad amirite.

#48 abtronic

abtronic
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/1/0
  • 3v3: 1335

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostDehlol, on 25 February 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

Helping people out is so bad amirite.

You shouldn't fight DDoS with DDoS, shit's just gonna get worse, get his ip hire a couple of mercenaries and finish him instead. Scum doesn't deserve to live.
Streaming daily on www.twitch.tv/hoodstaryo
www.facebook.com/hoodstargaming
www.youtube.com/hoodstargaming

#49 devila

devila
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

View Postabtronic, on 25 February 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

You shouldn't fight DDoS with DDoS, shit's just gonna get worse, get his ip hire a couple of mercenaries and finish him instead. Scum doesn't deserve to live.

Chuckled at that.

Antihit said:

You are honestly the biggest fucking retard I have ever seen on this forum

tmy said:

I posted the only serious response and you didnt even thank me you ungrateful asshole ill never help you again

Posted Image

#50 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1879
  • 3v3: 2694
  • 5v5: 2249
  • RBG: 2276

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

ddos'ing is for winners

#51 Amarillo

Amarillo
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 1152

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

merkx

u hav great synergy with zilea

dropping the balls

Official Blizzard Quote:

hard in da paint

#52 perry

perry
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination 2/0/2/1/0/.
  • LocationS.B. 805

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

I got DDOS while streaming this morning over and over for awhile, alot of help from chat though so hopefully doesn't happen again.

i guess prepare my angus for round 2 next time I stream.

#53 hirtqt

hirtqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 732

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

you guys should just pay for a VPN.
Posted Image
Posted Image