• Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kul Tiras
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 1801

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

nope guess not...I was hoping so.

i just realized my rating got bashed lol I love how every always falls back to bashing rating in every post just because someone didnt completely agree with them.

rating really is irrelevant when it comes to the issue of stopping the sells/carries. but oh wells.

fyi i've played up to 2k, yep only 2k and I'm happy with that. wasnt to hard but honestly I have a lot more fun playing with my friends in random silly comps on a nightly basis. mage/lock/spriest is fun...you should try it sometime. :) also for fun use a disc priest in rls instead of the shaman, certainly changes thing.
Its just a game...have fun. last thing I need is stress after a long days work.

Wish you the best on your glad push Aunt. :)

#82 Vulcon

Vulcon
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kul Tiras
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 1801

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

So right ysnaake. Imagine what it would be like if all carried teams were removed. Wouldnt see half the ladder filled with teams with only one person on them.

#83 Mtnjoy

Mtnjoy
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

The amount of trade chat spam from the boosters is almost none now on KT. I have seen 2 offers all day today.

Compare that to a week ago where I would have seen at least 20 offers and it would appear that the bans did have some effect.

#84 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

The right thing was done to ban these people. The bans had to happen because the carries were getting out of control and the bans should be permanent if warnings had been issued to these people beforehand. This honestly shows a flaw in the community itself and I wouldnt want to see those same elites in Guild Wars 2 if they quit wow after this. It just ruins it for the people working hard to achieve a rating/title.

Sure, by all means, ban the rule breakers.

Just.. you know.. don't do it once a blue moon. Ban every BG bot. Ban EVERY mining bot. Ban everyone who tries to exploit the game in any way!

#85 buzzkillaton

buzzkillaton
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 1712

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

Great for the game. There was nothing like the feeling of searching trade for teams saying "2k+mage lf teams" then you have a level 1 alt spamming over you 24/7 "rank1 multiglad players selling carrys blabla every time you hit up trade lf a team.

It also sucked when your playing at 1900 rating with freinds who have never hit 2200 and you get steam rolled by 2 multiglads playing with Joe I spend my irl money on pixel titles so I can show how skilled I am in video game. Its even better when its 3 glads playing 3 random accounts on a team so they can make 50 bucks pop while sitting in the basement at there parents then you armory the team that keeps smashing you and notice the whole team just got there 1750 ach a hour ago. Things like that basically completely turn off new players to the game who would have pvp interest.

I have not been active in game for a month or so but I remember every other stream you would turn on to watch would have a arenacarry.com or some other arena carry site as a banner on the stream. Things like this are not good at all for a competitive game. Players doing these things should be banned and go get a job instead of ruining the game for those who want to compete on even footing in there hobby.

#86 Liox

Liox
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

Sure, by all means, ban the rule breakers.

Just.. you know.. don't do it once a blue moon. Ban every BG bot. Ban EVERY mining bot. Ban everyone who tries to exploit the game in any way!

But how are you gonna find all who does this?
If I run around in battlegrounds these days a good bot could also be a bad player so banning from playstyle meassures would not be possible. How do you actually notice a bot?

You can actually recognize wintrading, you might be able to recognize somehow accountplay if the toprating achieved the seasons beföre is a way lower than the current ratings but I can't see how you could really wipe out botting and ratingtrading without losing a lot of subscribers who get banned by accident.

It's easy to say "ban them all" but I think it is more interesting HOW to do it.

#87 holylighter

holylighter
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

Its not the people that do it once or twice that should be banned. It is the people that do it repeatedly. A warning should be issued to the first time people and if they keep breaking the rules, then the ban should take place. its like downloading movies/music off sharing websites. Its not the people downloading 2 movies a month getting sued but the ones that download every movie in the market...

#88 mdnorth

mdnorth
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2378

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Yes it will, even if it stops 1 person from decide to start boosting then it's a good thing.

May the bans continue.

do you have any friends?

#89 sevenxd

sevenxd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

do you have any friends?

Nope, I managed to hit Gladiator 7 times solo, because I'm just that good.

#90 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

banning botters is a lot harder than banning glad sells. in all likelihood bots will never be completely abolished; if we want them out of battlegrounds, the best option is to reduce the honor grind further.

however, banning glad sells is easy and could even be automated: just connect when new IPs are found on the account to when the rating rises, when they play with new people, etc. you need to authorize new IPs via email, so blizzard could monitor accounts for however many days after a new IP address is added.

the solution really is trivial, the problem is that blizzard doesn't really care.

Honestly most bots are incredibly easy to find. Mining bots use actual hacks when they do it. They have noclipping and superfast swim flying, and they will actually fly around under the ground and mine the nodes/herbs from beneath. You can see them doing it if you are a hunter (or feral I guess) with track humanoids. I used to follow them around, and then when they would come up to get the node, I'd shoot them through the ground and kill them. (they normally fly pretty far down to avoid aggro, etc).

It really isn't that hard to spot a person botting when you understand how bots work. I just think it is more of them not wanting to. They usually only ban when it directly impacts other players, like if someone was hacking in wsg to cap the flag fast, and believe me, WoW is incredibly easy to hack with speedhacks and the like. They don't really have a defense against it if someone wants to, their defense is retribution, that is why most people won't use those things because that WILL get you banned. They have a group of people who looks into the reports, no doubt, and prioritizes them. 50 people reporting a speedhacker in a BG would probably get something done as opposed to someone reporting a mining bot in Azshara, and it isn't like they don't have logs.

That is just with first-hand identification. They likely have something better, for all we know they have a system that records everything that happens in every bg, just like battlerecorder in BF2. If you don't know what that is, it basically recorded everything that happened in the match as a script, in an extremely small file, think a text document. Then, they can replay the match at will, and of course it isn't an actual recording, it is an artificial simulation of what people did and when. When the simulation shows some dude flying across the screen, it is kind of obvious.

To think that a company, and a game like WoW DOESN'T have something like this is just silly. They can literally record what happens, when, and where. For every zone, for every arena, for every instance, for every bossfight, and they can probably store it all on a simple flash drive because of the way it is designed. They just don't care to spend the time and money banning everyone that breaks the rules unless they really have to.

Too busy balancing starcraft 2.

#91 Izzyballin

Izzyballin
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

I see this as two possibilities

1)It is very well known conradical that you arent liked as a NAO commentator, people love Hoodrich, Vhell, and Azael. Obviously things dont always go that way and people get upset. The world isnt perfect, so people as mentioned just threw your name as the person who got them banned.

2)My other theory only valid if you are guilty, is that you indeed report them, because you advertise skill-capped very hard, that glad sells are hurting your money inc and subscriber revenue. Glad sells are quicker, faster, more efficient then watching instructional videos and learning to get better. Thats why "todays" generation of WoW is like, all casual. They would rather pay more and get what they want quicker then go through the hassle and hard work of earning it themselfs.

thats my 2c

edit:
Posted Image
Just read your blog, and i highlighted the part that i personally think is a big problem with this game. As people have said its not even .%5 top of the wow community getting glad its less. As for r1 titles, those tittles are meaningless because people want to tie up. Yet your preach "activeness, competition between top players" yet by tieing its not even being done.

Thats all i have to say for now
Posted Image

#92 Xelic

Xelic
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

people jelly cause they carnt do boosts themself

if you carnt get your t2 wep or gladiator because of a few boost teams thats your problem, l2p issues just saying ^.^

Anyone who whines about bots is just jelly cause they dont have enough cashmoney to buy a decent bot.

Stop being a retard m88, it's not too late to fix the community. B)

#93 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

Anyone who whines about bots is just jelly cause they dont have enough cashmoney to buy a decent bot.

It's pretty hard to fix something that never existed.

The first step towards it would probably be making AJ an actual place of arena discussion instead of complaints, but since curse owns it now they don't give a fuck, they just want the ad revenue.

Honestly surprised someone hasn't made an AJ alternative yet.
Posted Image

#94 Zeiyo

Zeiyo
  • Junkies

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

i dont moan about bots. who wants to grind boring bgs for crappy gear on alts? i want to arena

#95 Liox

Liox
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

I read the blogpost mentiond above and considered it to be very intersting (http://hoodrych.net/...recent-ban.html)

I might add a few questions here. I might also ask something about the meaning since english is not my mothertongue:

The Pros:
-More competition from the top players in the game
When I say more competition from the top players in the game, I mean it gives them an opportunity to play much more than they usually would. A lot of the people doing these sells have rank 1 tied up somewhere, especially towards the end of the season. This means that for those players to keep practicing and playing, they either have to a) level an alt, or B) log onto someone else's account. For most players, they'll choose option "b" because they are also going to be paid for it. Because these players are able to play without consequence, they are able to do various things such as playing with different people, play comps they don't usually run, try different strategies, and keep well practiced even when not queuing on their main team.

I actually understand this in the following way:

Accsharing should be allowed so a tiny part of the playerbase actually enjoys the game more and "ruins" the game for a larger part of the playerbase?
There are players out there (like me btw) who enjoys to play against gladiatorplayers since you get a lot from this if you are willing to improve yourself, but:

The larger part of the non-gladiator players who I met actually want to enjoy the game at their gameplaylevel. They do not want to play their ratings and MMR up to... 2,4k and get farmed by a <= 2,2k-Team which actually is played by rank1-players. The argument against this is "well they will get back to their rating anyway... well, they won't since so many people are willing to be pushed by accsharing that you will never be able to hold your ratings". This is as if
you're going to reach one of your goals, let's say you archieved to climp up in the ladder with the footballteam of your town and could rise to the next class of teams but there also are two other teams in your current league who want to climb up as well with less effort so they are selling professionals to help them out.
Would this be actually fair? No, it wont. That is the reason why there is (at least at germany) a football rule that if you played at least two games in a row for a specific team you wont be able to play for another team of the same town which plays at a lower class.

This is a really frustrating thing and now the big question:
What do I, a guy who is not willing to spend his life on this game, get from the top players being even more competitive? Will I be able to see better tournaments which most of the people are not interested in (you got about 11.000 viewers at the final and I don't say the nao-inventationals are a bad thing!)?
Actually I will not. 99,5% of the playerbase gain nothing for the fact that the top players will be "mor competitive".
So exactly what kind of advantage for the pvpcommunity are more competitive professional players?

-Top players make money from sells, increasing their time on the game
Making money from the sells to increase your time on a game is a fairly straightforward point. Everyone knows that sell teams pay incredibly well for how many hours are spent on the game. As most people that do sells are either graduating high school, going to college, or graduating college, the extra cash flow can be the difference between having part-time job and not having to get one. Because the top players make so much from sells, this allows them to spend more time on the game and practicing what they love to do. As a result, the player skill cap increases. This is good for the game.

I actually understand that people who are good at something are going to make money with it. I probably would do that myself.
However why is coaching people for 40$ per hour not enough?
There are so many people out there who are currently willing to pay the money since if there were not most of the coachingoffers would've been done by now.
Why not getting money the "legal" way instead of exploiting the slow reactions of blizzard?

Another thing are the marked sentences and it is exactly the same question I mentioned above:
What kind of advantage does the pvpcommunity get by top players having a better time at the game and increasing their "skill cap"?
The skill cap (from my pov) actually is the ability to play the class and spec chosen by the player to a degree which allows him to know how to act in any situation, to have quick reflexes and good situational awareness, it actually does not mean playing perfect since this is impossible.

-Queue times are better for the duration of the sell
Queue times are another factor to think about. For those of you that have been above 2500 this season, you know that queues blow. I'm not even top 3 on my BG right now, and we are sitting in over 8 minute queues almost every time we decide to play. For the people doing the sells, they actually get to play the game instead of sitting in Stormwind for 8 minutes only to play a 1200 rated team. Not only does this mean faster queues for those doing the sells, but also for the people queuing on their main team. I would gladly fight a sell team if it meant getting to play the game.

I will agree at least on the point that having faster queues should be available for highrated teams too.
This had to be adressed and it was adressed by opening the borders of realmpools.

Another point is that I can't actually see how this is going to affect high rated teams.
As mentioned above let's look at a 2600 rated team which is queuing and gets a 2300-2400 rated team played by rank1-players. If it comes down to being good or being professional the 2600 rated team might loose and will loose a lot of mmr and tr for loosing one match against sellers. So what happens is that those teams who are at high ratings decide to stop playing since the sellers are all over the place and they do not want to loose that much for loosing one game against a much lower rated team. I actually think it is a flaw in the system to believe sellers pushes the queuetimes at high ratings. They also could just play on their mainteam.
It also would have the effect that a team which plays on their mains and get rank1 at the end of the season has proofed to be the #1 over a quite long time. If the high rated teams would actually play instead of camping the ratings there would be competition, right?

Conclusion:
I, a player who never played higher than maybe about 2300, cannot see the big advantages accsharing and ratingsells can offer to this game or its community. But I'm also saying that I might not understand the fully extend of this stuff.
It would be very nice if the current multigladplayers who sell this stuff (or other who have a good overview over the game in its current state) could explain why sellers have to be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<