• Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

It is easy money for them. Shaming the buyers would be more effective, but of course no one will have pity for those that got banned. But I agree completely that the whole 1900-2200 bracket is infested with buyers and it is incredibly annoying.

#42 Xelic

Xelic
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

Yeah man, let's unban the ones who cheated.
Jk, scumbags. :lol:

With all the arenab00st.com sites etc, don't tell me that you guys didnt saw this coming sooner or later.

#43 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Did anyone get banned who only did a few piloted sells this whole expansion?

Cdew

#44 sevenxd

sevenxd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

You break the rules and then are shocked when you get banned?

Everyone who was banned was a cancer on this game, good riddance.

Let's hope they now move to start banning the scum who do this on European Realms.

Edited by sevenxd, 23 February 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#45 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

I guess that if everyone that ever did pushes was banned every participant and commentator of the last NAO tournament would have been hit, too. Or am I mistaken? This thing sits so deep, that the whole pvp scene would be gone, but maybe it is time for that.

#46 Natokni

Natokni
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

I guess that if everyone that ever did pushes was banned every participant and commentator of the last NAO tournament would have been hit, too. Or am I mistaken? This thing sits so deep, that the whole pvp scene would be gone, but maybe it is time for that.

The problem is the masses that these players are doing it, yes its been around since the first season, but it only recently became a full time job which floods the average mmr bracket with all the 3k r1 players doing sales, ruining the ladder.

#47 sevenxd

sevenxd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

Who the corrupted side of the PvP scene, most of who were cheats anyway.

Damn what a loss.

#48 plde

plde
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2418
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

For each team that got a boosted glad, a team deserving the title ended up without it. They got what was coming, even if some of them have done good things for the community.
Just buy new accounts and level up new chars....

#49 devega

devega
  • Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

well deserved bans.

seems like it.

#50 Stige

Stige
  • Stìgé
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

getting unbanned is REALLY hard
Posted Image

Are you serious? :D

Ontopic: Good riddance, every single person who got banned deserved it and I hope the rest of the fuckin boosting "community" gets banned aswell.
Only if you do it for cash €€€$$$ though.
Posted Image

#51 Vulcon

Vulcon
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kul Tiras
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 1801

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

These bans are not going to stop the carries/sells. Its simply another waste of time and resources by blizzard. Also probably a ploy to divert some attention away from the fact that they are completely ignoring actual issues that exist in the game and just dont care about the community.

#52 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2477
  • 3v3: 3080
  • RBG: 2541
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

These bans are not going to stop the carries/sells. So they ban the accounts of the main players....ok so they just do more carries/sells now since they dont have their own account to play. If you ban anyone....

Also RAF...some of these players have more than one account to start...if not then they just make a new one, power it up and boom almost as if it never happened. By the end of this weekend you will see all the players back with lvl 85 accounts and getting right back to where they were.

The Character will be without any Achievements which they used to achieve in the past years of playing WoW. No more R1 titles, nothing. Everything is gone. Of course they can level up a new toon but it's something different, atleast it would be for me.

#53 Takarasuki

Takarasuki
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

OOC who was it?

#54 Derpaderp

Derpaderp
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1477
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

lmao, been selling 8/8 heroic boosts + mount and loot in dragonsoul for about a month now, aswell as we're selling a legendary staff in firelands 25 heroic and ragnaros heroic mounts with alts, every week, been doing that for several months, this has all been done for gold, the 8/8 heroic boosts with loots and mounts are going for 2 million gold a week, and the legendary for another 550k as well as 250k for rag mounts.

So, I highly doubt they got banned if they did it for gold, only way you can get banned for boosting in anyway is IF blizzard has proof of someone else playing the boosted players account AND if there's proof of the boosters doing it for IRL money instead of gold (only proof there can be is if you actually write this in chat, otherwhise there is no way of getting caught).
Posted Image

#55 Vulcon

Vulcon
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kul Tiras
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

I know its a little more complicated then I made it out to be Doomsen...I'd hate to loose my account...it would not be the same as my original one....

But if blizzard thinks that this is going to stop the sells/carries they are completely wrong and its just a waste of time on their part.

Regardless of breaking the rules or not banning these players was simply not worth it. I hope they are able to get their accounts back after all this.

I find it funny almost that blizzard rather divert resources to doing this over fixing actual game play issues.

#56 sevenxd

sevenxd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

These bans are not going to stop the carries/sells.

Yes it will, even if it stops 1 person from decide to start boosting then it's a good thing.

May the bans continue.

#57 Vulcon

Vulcon
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kul Tiras
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

It may stop one person from doing the sells but there will always be someone else ready to replace said person. As I said...it wont stop the sells/carries as a whole...it may stop a person from doing it but it will not stop the overall practice.

Also the bans will not continue....blizzard always preforms bans like this in waves....we may see a few more people banned over the next week but after that it will be months before anyone else is.

#58 Firesprocket

Firesprocket
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1306

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

I was one of the reasons to this ban wave. I called in , opened tickets, and emails to account admin. Links to streams screen shots, websites, with plays names and IPs. I am very glad that this was resolved and you wont have to wait 20 minutes to get matched up against a 2k mmr r1 team piloting an account anymore. Justice has been served.

P.S. Creds to "anonymous" for receipts of PayPal transactions.

Edited by Firesprocket, 23 February 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#59 Nullpointers

Nullpointers
  • Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

These bans are not going to stop the carries/sells. Its simply another waste of time and resources by blizzard. Also probably a ploy to divert some attention away from the fact that they are completely ignoring actual issues that exist in the game and just dont care about the community.

Do you really believe that Ghostcrawler, or any of his minions that design WoW, actually had any direct involvement with this? Blizzard obviously has a team that is dedicated to exploitation in the game.

#60 Vulcon

Vulcon
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kul Tiras
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

So now all you have done it changed the way they conduct their carries. You have just shown them the flaws in their process, which they will now correct/change and be right back at it as if nothing happened....your actually helping them out in a way....Good job.

If someone gets caught breaking into a store and robbing it...they go away to jail...does this stop others from doing the same thing? nope...they just find a better way to do it.

Sure there will be a few who don't learn and still get caught but the main point is they still keep doing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<