Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

benys must spec destruction to win it all

Edited by Synkz, 18 February 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#24 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Braindeadly must have pretty high MS if he's playing from EU
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#25 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

wintrading at NAO, pretty good

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#26 Retromen

Retromen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 576

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

sham/lock/x vs sham/lock/x is so entertaining

Edited by Retromen, 20 February 2012 - 02:13 AM.

#27 Spinmove

Spinmove

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:44 AM

View Postmadlibyo, on 20 February 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

If you're going to award Team EG a point for a post 45 second "disconnect" turned into a kill (making it 3-2 in the series) after you firmly stated the rule after the first apparent DDoS, then you damn well sure keep the tournament's integrity in check and award keep it rollin a point for scoring a kill on Azael after 45 seconds and make the score 3-3 going into offline games.

The first game you're referring to was actually thrown out, and Team EG won the next game which made it 3-2. Also, Keep It Rollin did not score a kill on Azael. He left the Arena while he was disconnected. Snutz was also disconnected. Both of those games were thrown out.

EDIT: If you're referring to the earlier game where Team EG scored a kill where it looked like Snutz was lagging, I really don't think you can throw that game out... but who knows, this disconnect issue is obviously uncontrollable.

Edited by Spinmove, 20 February 2012 - 03:46 AM.

Posted Image

#28 Champ

Champ
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:02 AM

The point doesn't get awarded to the other team just because someone DC's

None of this matters though because this whole arguement could go on for days and no one will ever agree with it.

It is what it is

get over it

#29 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

View Postmadlibyo, on 20 February 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

edit: If you want to regain that integrity

Oh ok

Edited by mukuld50, 20 February 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#30 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

View Postmadlibyo, on 20 February 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

First game was a draw, second one was RLS killing Cdew to make it 2-1 on Ruins, and third game was Snutz dying on Dalaran making it 2-2, no? Then on RoV, Snutz began to claim he was being DDoSed (or was being DDoS'd) and so the match was reset - after playing it again on RoV and clearly stating that after 45 seconds a point would be awarded to the other team, they awarded Team EG a point making it 3-2. On Blade's, Azael got disconnected and left the arena, thus "winning" the RLS a match, making it 3-3. But yet, they seemingly did not follow through with that strict ruling and instead claimed it would be 3-2.

It's all really shady, so in all honesty they should just reset the series to 2-2, but it is what it is.

Okay, let me give you a more educated response.

After the series was tied 2-2, and the first RoV fiasco happened - we reviewed the material that we had, to find out that indications of lag/disconnects were before the 45 second mark.  Hence why the game was replayed.

EG got a kill on RoV next game (even if it was Snutz disconnecting), and went up 3-2.

Next game on Blade's Edge, Azael disconnected, and were fully prepared to take it as a loss and go 3-3, HOWEVER Snutz disconnected too.  So your statement:

On Blade's, Azael got disconnected and left the arena, thus "winning" the RLS a match, making it 3-3. But yet, they seemingly did not follow through with that strict ruling and instead claimed it would be 3-2.

is completely invalid.

I am pretty sure noone wanted to watch a 15 minute resto shaman shadow priest vs. resto shaman rogue draw... and have the series end 4-3 because of that clusterfuck, hence why we made the call to stop the game.

Do you understand now???????????????????????????????????????????

Edit: ya im mad, dont you tell us what to do to regain integrity you little poobie

Edited by mukuld50, 20 February 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#31 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:02 AM

View Postmukuld50, on 20 February 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

Nope, could you draw me a diagram?

Anyways, hopefully this won't stop future tourneys from happening. The other nights seemed to go pretty well.

#32 sevenxd

sevenxd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

View Postmukuld50, on 20 February 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

is completely invalid.

I am pretty sure noone wanted to watch a 15 minute resto shaman shadow priest vs. resto shaman rogue draw... and have the series end 4-3 because of that clusterfuck, hence why we made the call to stop the game.

Edit: ya im mad, dont you tell us what to do to regain integrity you little poobie

No you're wrong Mugems, I agree with you that people would rather NOT want watch a 15minute draw and have the game end like that.

BUT THAT IS IRRELEVANT, You can't change a rule(s) mid-game/tournament.

You guys should of considered this outcome beforehand and made an appropriate rule for it.

That's why people are saying the integrity could be damaged because of that, if you can change a rule mid-game because an outcome that you didn't like happened, well what's to stop you doing that every time now?

Maybe a friend of yours is losing and you wanna change a rule to make them win?

Obviously I don't think that would actually happen, but it's a possibility now.

Edited by sevenxd, 20 February 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#33 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

I am sorry but people questioning integrity are fucking stupid.  If we let Azael win the series 4-3 cause of a 2v2 draw, then our integrity would have been questioned 500000 times more.

And just an FYI, I am good friends with everyone on Team EG.  I barely know anyone personally on Snutz' team.  Yet we "made a call" that didnt force a 4-3 favoring EG.

You guys should of considered this outcome beforehand and made an appropriate rule for it.

Obviously we were not prepared for this scenario, but we will be for the future.  Live and learn right?

Edited by mukuld50, 20 February 2012 - 08:17 AM.

#34 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostEnsipid, on 20 February 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

Nope, could you draw me a diagram?

Yes.

Posted Image

#35 sevenxd

sevenxd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

View Postmukuld50, on 20 February 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

I am sorry but people questioning integrity are fucking stupid.  If we let Azael win the series 4-3 cause of a 2v2 draw, then our integrity would have been questioned 500000 times more.

Then you should of accepted that, simple it was your own rules and you ignored them.

Whatever happened that was wrong.

Obviously we were not prepared for this scenario, but we will be for the future.  Live and learn right?

Yes, I'm not flaming or anything, this is merely constructive criticism.

#36 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

View Postsevenxd, on 20 February 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Then you should of accepted that, simple it was your own rules and you ignored them.

Whatever happened that was wrong.

Your argument really does not make sense to me.

I know I have gotten pulled over before for speeding, yet the cop let me go without a ticket because of the specific circumstances.  I am sure you have faced similar scenarios in your life as well.

There is a difference between "ignoring rules" and "making a judgement call despite the rules considering the circumstances".

Anyways, I know that we will not be able to please everyone despite any call that we make.  Whatever we did or do in the future, there will always be a percentage of people who will disagree.  So no point in me trying to make a case.

I am just gonna leave this thread alone now and go enjoy some donuts.  Good night everyone.

Edited by mukuld50, 20 February 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#37 Magneta

Magneta
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 1512

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

Can someone ban Claire please? He posts nothing but bullshit on these forums.

#38 sevenxd

sevenxd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

That isn't a tournament situation.

That's the difference.

Anyway this doesn't really need to be discussed any more, in the end this will make the tournaments better since this shouldn't happen again.

#39 allana

allana
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/1/2

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

So as I missed the final games, are they uploaded somewhere, youtube perhaps?
“As you think, you shall become.” -Pook

#40 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

View Postmadlibyo, on 21 February 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Although I do hear through the grapevine that a certain warlock was told there would be no restarts after the match by NAO staff members (the staff stating "it was a vote and we all agreed you were at a distinct advantage so no reset"), and said warlock was then kicked from the Skype call and another warlock joined for a few brief moments where the staff then concluded a restart would occur...

Yes we had both Snutz and Azael in our Staff Organization call to get their point of views and figure out what was going on.

After chatting with Azael, we removed him from the call, because well... he is not a part of the NAO staff, and it is standard procedure to kick people out of calls for us.  We told him that we would be awarding him the match point before removing him.

And then we reviewed the material (VODs) and found that Snutz showed indications of disconnecting before the 45 second mark and hence we concluded that a restart would occur.  Snutz was kicked from the call right after.

I am not sure what you are trying to claim or prove with this post to be honest.

Edited by mukuld50, 21 February 2012 - 09:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<