Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 23:34. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Season balance

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 hustla

hustla
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Balance 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1679

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

Wait are you seriously saying that S6 was one of the better balanced seasons? I take it you're joking?

Warriors out of control.
Frost Dks with Ulduar Sigil globalling people in 3 seconds.
Destro Locks globalling people with 2 crits (apparently your summuary of S6 completely forgot to mention Destro Locks instantly killing people)
Elemental Shaman damage
Prot Holy Paladins crit healing 100% HP bars
FoK Rogues, getting Glad with 1 button?
Ret/Rogue/Priest teams in 3v3

I'm sure I'm missing something.

S6 was by far one of the worst seasons that the game ever had.

Disagree I think s6 was one of the most balanced seasons... This season maybe a bit better in terms of balance but as far as 5,6,7 it was the best.. I didn't play s8 but I heard it was just as bad as s5

Edited by hustla, 13 February 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#42 sevenxd

sevenxd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

Disagree I think s6 was one of the most balanced seasons

lol

#43 Fetah

Fetah

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

everything just gets worse and worse, live with it and lvl up a mage if you want to succeed.

(because somehow mages always managed to iceblock the nerf bat)

inb4 mages defending their class by stating numerous other things that are broken in this game.

DONT EVEN TRY

Edited by Fetah, 14 February 2012 - 08:21 AM.

Posted Image

#44 miikyyy

miikyyy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/0/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2383

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Wait are you seriously saying that S6 was one of the better balanced seasons? I take it you're joking?

Warriors out of control.
Frost Dks with Ulduar Sigil globalling people in 3 seconds.

Globalling in 3 seconds? LOL'd

#45 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

but lets just say they ruined it wtih DS and buffing Rogues beyond imagination.

What exactly did they do to "buff" rogues?

Spoiler

#46 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

triple dps and how hard rls counters melee is the only thing really making this season shitty

took them a long time to nerf pve gear but hey welcome to other seasons

i think people need to take a hard look at past seasons though, really only s7 in wotlk was not clouded by horrid shit, and even s7 started to see a boat load of atc's

best season ever? probably not, better than most of the seasons people are thinking of? most likely

#47 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

What exactly did they do to "buff" rogues?

Spoiler

Well I meantas to the Sub buffs they recieved prior to that in late S10 (as I also did put question mark to it, if I might be mistaken. I recall Sub not being very viable atleast).

Further more, sure everyone got the MS buff, but if one class is dominating ladders it is surely an indirect larger buff for them than Warriors and Hunters. What good has the 25% MS buff been to Warriors? They still get trained and die in Smoke Bombs and they still can't connect to their targets.

Warriors are a perfect example, if you remove Reck, on how balance should be.

Other than that, to the posters above I think I hit the nail pretty well with my post about the past seasons. S2, S3, S4, S6 and S7 have probably been the most balanced seasons so far. None of them perfect, but please recall them from a 3v3 perspective too. And ofcause there will always be dominant classes and setups such as TSG's in 3v3, but they were really not that high ranked all together if you recall.

P.s. Are you that rogue that played with Diceegg and later on Cokkztorm?

Edited by averagepriestz, 14 February 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#48 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

Well I meantas to the Sub buffs they recieved prior to that in late S10 (as I also did put question mark to it, if I might be mistaken. I recall Sub not being very viable atleast).

Further more, sure everyone got the MS buff, but if one class is dominating ladders it is surely an indirect larger buff for them than Warriors and Hunters. What good has the 25% MS buff been to Warriors? They still get trained and die in Smoke Bombs and they still can't connect to their targets.

Warriors are a perfect example, if you remove Reck, on how balance should be.

Other than that, to the posters above I think I hit the nail pretty well with my post about the past seasons. S2, S3, S4, S6 and S7 have probably been the most balanced seasons so far. None of them perfect, but please recall them from a 3v3 perspective too. And ofcause there will always be dominant classes and setups such as TSG's in 3v3, but they were really not that high ranked all together if you recall.

P.s. Are you that rogue that played with Diceegg and later on Cokkztorm?

What buffs were that? Only "buffs" rogue got was Sanguinary Veins start of s10 (6% dmg buff on bleeded targets) but they made cloak and combat readiness share cooldown, so overall I'd say it was a nerf. I might be wrong, I dont ever read patchnotes tbh :P

Don't remember playing with Dicegg, but I do play with Lokkztorm and Spleen atm, why?

#49 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Met you on my PHD not too long ago, you went 5-2 or so against us. My DK just recalled your name, perhaps we faced you in a different RLS earlier. Might actually be it, since he recalled we beat your previous team.

This one was rather impossible though. We basicly need Ring of Valor as PHD to be able to kill decent RLS teams these days.

#50 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

Met you on my PHD not too long ago, you went 5-2 or so against us. My DK just recalled your name, perhaps we faced you in a different RLS earlier. Might actually be it, since he recalled we beat your previous team.

This one was rather impossible though. We basicly need Ring of Valor as PHD to be able to kill decent RLS teams these days.

Ah ye I remember, good games :)

#51 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Ah ye I remember, good games :)

Not when we go 7-5 and still lose 40 rating :-(

Edited by averagepriestz, 14 February 2012 - 11:39 AM.

#52 Leonardo

Leonardo
  • Junkies
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Disagree I think s6 was one of the most balanced seasons... This season maybe a bit better in terms of balance but as far as 5,6,7 it was the best.. I didn't play s8 but I heard it was just as bad as s5

i went into s6 with full deadly gear and got high glad ratings in 1 night as tsg. most of my games lasted <60 seconds. none of the games i had were memorable. id definitely say s7,s8 were much much better balanced. s7/8 were wacky with all the TOGC/ICC pve gear though. honestly, s1 was the most balanced imo
Posted Image

#53 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Just because you managed to pull something off, does not mean the entire season was ruined. People have done this in all seasons, but you have to compare it to the other seasons all in all.

Your argument is not the best, but I see where you are coming from.

#54 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

Not when we go 7-5 and still lose 40 rating :-(

just dont loose (Y)

#55 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

just dont loose (Y)

We would if RLS stopped queuing ;)

#56 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

like its been said. game gradually gets worse with every season. s9 was still the best of this expansion. this season is terrible. so many triple dps thanks to rets and dmg being too high. rogues are silly. mages are silly. actually just about every class has some retarded mechanic that makes them annoying as fuck. instant cc has kind of ruined the game too. oh well no better mmo's out there

#57 Necrolina

Necrolina
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2313

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

s9 was still the best of this expansion.

Holy shit, out of all the flawed and untrue statements this really deserves a prize.

#58 hustla

hustla
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Balance 0/1/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1679

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

triple dps and how hard rls counters melee is the only thing really making this season shitty

took them a long time to nerf pve gear but hey welcome to other seasons

i think people need to take a hard look at past seasons though, really only s7 in wotlk was not clouded by horrid shit, and even s7 started to see a boat load of atc's

best season ever? probably not, better than most of the seasons people are thinking of? most likely

wasn't s7 when KFC started and the prot warrior/hunter teams would global people? Also MLS raping everything in sight. That season was probably worse than 5 IMO

#59 misios

misios
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

wasn't s7 when KFC started and the prot warrior/hunter teams would global people? Also MLS raping everything in sight. That season was probably worse than 5 IMO

in terms of overall balance, I think s7 was the best season - you saw a variety of classes in arena - and most classes had an okay comp
Posted Image

#60 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users