mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hey guys! Please drop a message here with any feedback, suggestions, improvements, ideas, etc. that you might have for the future. We are always in the process of improving and definitely appreciate the criticism.

Some things, UI related that we already know:

1) PvP trinkets for one team never work. I believe that the trinkets only work for the first team that pops a trinket. Not sure. Regardless, it is buggy.

2) Some cooldowns do not show up on the UI. Stuff like - Word of Glory, DK cooldowns, etc. Your help building up a consolidated list would be great.

3) Fire Mage debuffs are completely MIA from the UI (who woulda known that fire mages would be good in arenas, at least when the UI was initially developed).

#2 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

MUGGGGGGIMMMMSSSS :)

• Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1423
  • 3v3: 1863
  • RBG: 2226

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

Better/more entertaining/knowledgeable commentators, the few matches I tuned into they called things late, the camera positioning was horrendous. Get people with better knowledge of the game who know what the team is trying to setup/wait for. I remember the game being a RLS vs something, and the RLS was just randomly picking targets just waiting for sstep/sdance/soul swap to drop a player, and the commentators were completely clueless until the swap target was down to 30%.

Edited by bIlliAn, 04 February 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#4 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Better/more entertaining/knowledgeable commentators, the few matches I tuned into they called things late, the camera positioning was horrendous. Get people with better knowledge of the game who know what the team is trying to setup/wait for. I remember the game being a RLS vs something, and the RLS was just randomly picking targets just waiting for sstep/sdance/soul swap to drop a player, and the commentators were completely clueless until the swap target was down to 30%.

I personally felt that Azael and co. could not have done a better job with the kind of play-by-play they did while keeping up with the pace of the game.

Regarding camera positioning, will work on it thanks.

Edited by mukuld50, 04 February 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#5 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

Less 'support NAO by buying curse premium and skillcapped etc'. Once or twice is fine, but it seems like conradical's go-to filler conversation during breaks is always related to the sponsors and at a certain point it walks a fine line between mandatory advertising and overt plugging/begging.

Related to this it would be smoother if the between-game commentary was related to the game, future matches, past matches, certain classes, etc. Instead it's usually just dead air and sponsor advertising. I have to mute the audio between games -- it gets a bit tedious.

(I think the shoutcasters did a PHENOMENAL job casting the actual games though)

Edited by Ctuhlu, 04 February 2012 - 04:02 PM.

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#6 Zeiyo

Zeiyo
  • Junkies

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

Azael did a great job commentating and the camera work was alot better than any blizzard run tourn iv seen, dont see bilians point :P

#7 Mity

Mity
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • LocationOKC

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Less 'support NAO by buying curse premium and skillcapped etc'. Once or twice is fine, but it seems like conradical's go-to filler conversation during breaks is always related to the sponsors and at a certain point it walks a fine line between mandatory advertising and overt plugging/begging.

@shitixmikesays

#8 Champ

Champ
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Can't tell if srs

#9 Cordisowns

Cordisowns
  • Cutegirlirl
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • RBG: 384

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

Can't tell if srs

#real.

#10 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2371
  • 3v3: 2444
  • 5v5: 2308
  • RBG: 2169
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

somehow make a new rule involving disconnects.. saw a few teams lose because of them which might have costed them the series. Not too sure how a new rule could happen, but if there was one it would be great

#11 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

somehow make a new rule involving disconnects.. saw a few teams lose because of them which might have costed them the series. Not too sure how a new rule could happen, but if there was one it would be great

Really do not think that there is a realistic way to make a rule involving disconnects that will please everyone. I personally have brainstormed on it for hours but could not think of anything.

#12 ss2b24

ss2b24
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2371
  • 3v3: 2444
  • 5v5: 2308
  • RBG: 2169
  • Locationflooorida

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

Really do not think that there is a realistic way to make a rule involving disconnects that will please everyone. I personally have brainstormed on it for hours but could not think of anything.

Yeah ive tried thinking of some too, if anyone has experience with xbox live tournaments, what do they do if people disconnect? maybe can steal their way to deal with it

#13 jelqonyoface

jelqonyoface
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • RBG: 768

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Should let all the teams on the qualifier appear on the stream once, I was looking forward to seeing how firemage rogue paladin worked and never got to see them in the winner or loser bracket.

Also would be cool if when deciding teams for qualifiers you let ppl on AJ vote for a team they wanted to see get into it, in future tournaments. Involving the community good for everyone i guess lol.
Formerly Known as Whomikejones

#14 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Should let all the teams on the qualifier appear on the stream once, I was looking forward to seeing how firemage rogue paladin worked and never got to see them in the winner or loser bracket.

This was solely not possible due to the lack of availability of the fire mage rogue paladin team over the weekends.

Also would be cool if when deciding teams for qualifiers you let ppl on AJ vote for a team they wanted to see get into it, in future tournaments. Involving the community good for everyone i guess lol.

Funny you mention that! We wanted to do something like that, and actually have a couple of cool ideas that involve the community / contests for the community :)

#15 Retromen

Retromen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 576

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

Better chat moderation to get rid of all the trolls

As for the list of cooldowns....I've noticed zealotry, smoke bomb, Guardian of Ancient Kings and fire mage dots not showing up.

Edited by Retromen, 05 February 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#16 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

My comment is just going to be disagreeing with this.

If you watch professional sports, or any major network, every single commercial they 'remind' viewers of their sponsors, etc.

People are coming and going, turning the stream off and on every second. A three second long sentence that reminds new viewers of what made all of this happen is not excessive at all. He doesn't even do it after every single game, which I think that even wouldn't be excessive.

The only shout casting hiccup, if you can even say that, is just that Conradical speaks very slowly ;P

-

Updating the "Rules" I guess would be a thing. I know it was said hundreds of times that the new 5 man heroic gear was fine to use, on the forums and on the stream. But just like my above comment, there were certainly people constantly mentioning it because it was in the rules.

Would like some less objective commentating as well. Hoodrych complains about Warrior a LOT while watching, even in games that don't involve a Warrior at all. It's nice to remind people that you're Hoodrych and you've had lots of success as a Warrior, but don't let it take away from the matches/overall game.

#17 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:46 AM

This as well. I think the bleed cleave got pretty owned by having Koshimo DC.

I understand Mugems point of saying that it's hard to institute a sure-fire way of protecting players outside of abuse, but so long as this bug is going on, teams are going to get screwed because they run over the tomb on Ruins, or the wrong angle of the ramp on BEM, in some cases (imo definitely bleed cleave case) out of a series.

#18 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

Better chat moderation to get rid of all the trolls

Also this.

I barely pay attention to chat because it's impossible to have any constructive discussion.

Just now when the Bleed Cleave won, it just erupted in hundreds of people saying "gj swifty!!!"

fucking stop

#19 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

I'm trying so hard to ban all these foamers but I keep accidentally banning the innocent =(

#20 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

My comment is just going to be disagreeing with this.

If you watch professional sports, or any major network, every single commercial they 'remind' viewers of their sponsors, etc.

People are coming and going, turning the stream off and on every second. A three second long sentence that reminds new viewers of what made all of this happen is not excessive at all. He doesn't even do it after every single game, which I think that even wouldn't be excessive.

If you want to compare it to professional sports, then it would be like this. You're watching an NFL football game. The whistle blows; the play is dead. The commentator says

'you know what's great? Mountain dew. I really love mountain dew. They sponsor our broadcast so make sure you guys pick up some mountain dew at your grocery store. If you buy mountain dew it really helps the NFL on CBS, so make sure you support our sponsors. Our sponsors at mountain dew are really great to be sponsoring us, so definitely consider buying some mountain dew.'

And then imagine that happening every 5 minutes.

sidenote: wtf is up with the stream today? it's laggy as fuck and is literally making this unwatchable.

Edited by Ctuhlu, 05 February 2012 - 02:09 AM.

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<