• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Okay, I may QQ a little so here I go:
Dk dmg vs disc priest heals.
What to do? Not getting locked, at all ! Jukeing every single mind freeze and he still manages to   get a kill at the end.
Pet stun, strangulate, unavoidable stuff, right?
You may say, trinket strangulate to heal etc, been there done that, no results.
Partners are peeling but ams and icebound FTW ?
Let me know what you guys think !
Posted Image

#2 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

teammates peel or u dieded
Posted Image

#3 Fulsomfan

Fulsomfan
  • Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Heal early and hard! team needs to peel and kill dk fast :D cuz u know, he's a dk so he'll die after AMS and icebound.

#4 Cutcut

Cutcut
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • RBG: 1942
  • LocationBærum, Norway

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

If he doesnt get any help it shouldnt be too hard to survive until your mana is gone :P Shackle, MC, Fear into LoS and u can live forever.
Fixxo, Cutcutpewpew, Phasm, Mixz(i)FREELOADER

#5 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

Heal early
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#6 Chandler

Chandler
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/0/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

heal early, like people have said above, unholy dks have an easy time with priests if they can hit them for a while so your team needs to realize it and peel massively early in the game, after his AMS, AMZ, and icebound are down he'll fall over.

#7 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

View PostCutcut, on 31 January 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

If he doesnt get any help it shouldnt be too hard to survive until your mana is gone :P Shackle, MC, Fear into LoS and u can live forever.

This is just wrong in so many ways...
Posted Image

#8 Newton

Newton
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2258
  • 3v3: 2137
  • 5v5: 1433
  • RBG: 2109

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostCutcut, on 31 January 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Please go back to the mage section.

#9 Cutcut

Cutcut
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBærum, Norway

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

So since it's what I do as a priest to survive vs dk 1vs1, I guess you could tell me what I do wrong instead of saying something that really doesn't help at all. I really can't see how MC, Fear or Shackle wont help vs a dk, but if you have anything constructive to say, please be my guest

#10 Chandler

Chandler
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/0/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostCutcut, on 31 January 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

So since it's what I do as a priest to survive vs dk 1vs1, I guess you could tell me what I do wrong instead of saying something that really doesn't help at all. I really can't see how MC, Fear or Shackle wont help vs a dk, but if you have anything constructive to say, please be my guest

If you're trying to help your response is somewhat respectable, but I highly doubt we're talking about a 1v1 situation.

#11 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

shackle is quite nice but it is hard to actually cast in a 1v1 situation since you need to heal hard and your casttime is already very delayed from the necrotic strikes. fear won't help at all almost because he has trinket and lichborne to get out of those, MC is the most stupid thing I ever heard, I guess you mean to use it to force the DK's interrupt but... he will just AMS at the end of the cast. Now please answer me; What are you thinking when you post things like this?! Just trying to get your postcount up or what?
Posted Image

#12 Pittlesqt

Pittlesqt
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2087

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

Do you even play a priest?

#13 Newton

Newton
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

If you're surviving against an unholy DK in a 1v1 scenario, let's say a duel, you're not doing anything wrong, the DK definitely is.
A good DK will throw everything at you while he's in AMS, if you fear, the first one is removed thanks to lichborne (2nd one he trinkets or you're dead even before that point), if you try to shackle him he cancels his lichborne, if you try to mc he will either AMS it or dark simulacrum it (so he can use it later to interrupt one of your casts). While you're casting all this stuff, he'll pop gargoyle, trinkets, rune reset and you'll have so many necrotics (let's say 80k+) it's not even fair, and you have NO CHANCE AT ALL of clearing it if you're trying to get it off you through mc or shackle etc.
A good dk will not let you cast any heals tot. Your aura mastery gets gripped, pet stunned, he uses pet charge on your casts, uses kick on casted heals, you'll actually die of necrotics and gargoyle alone without being able to use casted heals.
And if he's got like the tentacle weapon or some imba pve stuff, well let's not even talk about that scenario, it gets silly.

Actually you could BARELY manage to survive if you juke multiple casts while he's popping cds, but if he doesn't fuck up anything, there's no way for you to survive through the burst combo.
If he's bad you can survive, yes, but here we're talking about equally skilled people on a 1v1 scenario, which definitely goes in favor of the unholy dk. Frost dks are a whole different story, mostly because you're able to get casts off against them and you are able to clear your necrotics. It's not the damage that kills you, it's the impossiblity to heal yourself with casts for a relatively long amount of time.

Edited by Newton, 01 February 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#14 Starcookie

Starcookie
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

Apparently I need lessons from Cutcut as Unholy DK's shit all over me in a 1v1 situation.

Shackle? You must be playing against a god aweful DK if he doesn't cancel lich
Fear? Lich, Will, Trinket, full fear. Survive for 1 minute 21 seconds and you'll get your first full fear on him
Mind Control? 5 second cast including necro and knockbacks = 30-40k necro on you. When he mind freezes it last half a second, then what? You're not going to catch back up. Besides, Gargoyle and pissed off Ghoul are hitting you for 12k/second.

Between grip on aura mastery, pet stun on aura mastery and strangulate on next cast a DK with cooldowns popped (unholy frenzy, garg, pissed off ghoul) he'll kill you, if unpealed, in less than 15 seconds. You can safely assume if he's popping all this he has AMS and will/trinket/lichborn ready incase you decide to waste one of your 1.95 second GCD's fearing him.

UH DK's hard counter priests, that's all there is too it. If you're experiencing otherwise, then you're either playing at low ratings or just meeting low rated DK's.

There's a reason multi-rank 1 priests alike will often call for pealing because "oh shit guys DK gripped me getting solo'd here". Season 9 and 10 TSG/double DK pala rape on priests wasn't because of Warrior damage is all I'm going to say.

#15 Newton

Newton
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

oh god, those were sad moments.

#16 Cutcut

Cutcut
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • LocationBærum, Norway

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

Wrote a long comment but i managed to press something else so im just gonna say I agree, my first post was probably full of too much confidence, my priest is only 2,2 in 2s atm and I probably havent faced any real good dks, not weird since they tend to be rare. The OPs question didnt hit me like it was to survive a real good dk, and what I wrote really helps vs the mediocre ones, im sorry for that. Havent played too much priest this season and when they duel me I usually just MC them until they are far away and have fled from the duel.

#17 Mrly

Mrly
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostCutcut, on 01 February 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

Wrote a long comment but i managed to press something else so im just gonna say I agree, my first post was probably full of too much confidence, my priest is only 2,2 in 2s atm and I probably havent faced any real good dks, not weird since they tend to be rare. The OPs question didnt hit me like it was to survive a real good dk, and what I wrote really helps vs the mediocre ones, im sorry for that. Havent played too much priest this season and when they duel me I usually just MC them until they are far away and have fled from the duel.

i cant imagine even a 2.2k rated dk getting shackled =\ but yeah starcookie said it best.

#18 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:58 AM

Have your rogue + mage global him.

(just assuming that every priest plays rmp here.. xP)

Edited by Zaephyr, 01 February 2012 - 05:59 AM.

"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#19 Nermó

Nermó
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

delete dks from game plz
Posted Image

#20 sundancekid

sundancekid
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 192

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

A UH DK can stop most of your casts with mind freeze off his bars, tardfriendliest spec eu

Edited by sundancekid, 01 February 2012 - 05:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<