Coming back to holy paladin - what spec/stats?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moridinn

Moridinn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 1983

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hi everyone,

Coming back after a break since start of Cata, and decided I'm going to play my Holy Paladin as well as my Priest. I have a few questions that I hope you guys can help with since the guide threads seem to be rather outdated (or, at least not updated recently):

1. What's the spec of choice currently? I was thinking something along the lines of this: 31/3/7 - not sure if Pursuit of Justice is worth it or if it's better to go 31/5/5 or even 31/2/8 with 3/3 Rule of Law (seen some do this)?

2. What are the stat priorities? I gather that a lot of people are trying out full crit reforge. Is this a general thing, or is spirit still the go-to secondary stat? Whats a good level of crit to aim for - or, what's the sort of spirit you need for people to start going crit?

3. Is it worth it to use a PvE trinket? Right now I have the Archeology Doll thing, but I'm using Battlemaster's instead... If I get a Windward Heart or Heart of Unliving I'm going with that no question, but not sure that the Doll is worth the resi loss.

Thanks in advance! <3

#2 Necrolina

Necrolina
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2313

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostMoridinn, on 30 January 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

Coming back after a break since start of Cata, and decided I'm going to play my Holy Paladin as well as my Priest. I have a few questions that I hope you guys can help with since the guide threads seem to be rather outdated (or, at least not updated recently):

1. What's the spec of choice currently? I was thinking something along the lines of this: 31/3/7 - not sure if Pursuit of Justice is worth it or if it's better to go 31/5/5 or even 31/2/8 with 3/3 Rule of Law (seen some do this)?

2. What are the stat priorities? I gather that a lot of people are trying out full crit reforge. Is this a general thing, or is spirit still the go-to secondary stat? Whats a good level of crit to aim for - or, what's the sort of spirit you need for people to start going crit?

3. Is it worth it to use a PvE trinket? Right now I have the Archeology Doll thing, but I'm using Battlemaster's instead... If I get a Windward Heart or Heart of Unliving I'm going with that no question, but not sure that the Doll is worth the resi loss.

Thanks in advance! <3

1 - Speccs are entirely up to your own preference, but I'd say PoJ is not worth it, while RoL is something you might want to consider - but then again RoL vs Divinity is probably an ever going debate.

2 - Its fairly setup / bracket dependant. I can't imagine a situation in which I'd rather go for spirit over crit in 3s, but 5s seem to favor longevity.

3 - It is absolutely worth it, seeing as how most of the PvP trinkets are complete shit for a holypaladin. I wouldn't say the Doll was worth using over the ilvl 403 Battlemaster for example, but I would consider using Tsunami if I had acces to nothing better unless I was being trained in the majority of the games.

Edited by Necrolina, 30 January 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#3 Moridinn

Moridinn
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 1983

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostNecrolina, on 30 January 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

1 - Speccs are entirely up to your own preference, but I'd say PoJ is not worth it, while RoL is something you might want to consider - but then again RoL vs Divinity is probably an ever going debate.

2 - Its fairly setup / bracket dependant. I can't imagine a situation in which I'd rather go for spirit over crit in 3s, but 5s seem to favor longevity.

Thanks for the input!

I'm playing Pally/Lock/Rogue atm. It's like a weaker RLS, and I'm telling myself I need the longevity cause we don't have the offensive tools a shaman would add, so things take longer to kill. Same thing goes for PoJ - since I can't break fears like a shaman, I tend to sit in more CC than a shaman would, and having 3 HP when I'm out is really helpful.

Either way, I'm gonna try 31/5/5 and crit reforge since until I try it, I won't know if I ACTUALLY need those things, or if more throughput from Divinity / crit would be even better.

#4 Vlada

Vlada
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1985
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 2416
  • RBG: 2252

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

You have both PoJ and Blessed life in you spec (they dont stack). There are 3 specs for holy paladin i guess and you pick one you like the most, Divinty vs RoL vs imp HoJ(you lose judgement range). You can also reforge to critical if you have 1 regen trinket like tsunami or DS one

Edited by Vlada, 30 January 2012 - 11:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<