Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 02:28. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone still play Bloodline Champions?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 friendliestguyonaj

friendliestguyonaj
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/0/2/2/0/1/2

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

ye i have played like 300 games with igniter and spearmaster

its a nice game but not a really high learning curve

its not even 1/50 of starcraft, in comparison

haha

ha

Yeah, it's a good game.

HoN is way better though....

Not even similar.
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#22 ManofOnebullet

ManofOnebullet
  • Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

haha

ha

Not even similar.

getting owned at starcraft lately?

#23 friendliestguyonaj

friendliestguyonaj
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/0/2/2/0/1/2

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

ez'ing everything pmuch.
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#24 ManofOnebullet

ManofOnebullet
  • Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

i got banned rofl blizzard

#25 ManofOnebullet

ManofOnebullet
  • Members

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

you can get banned for saying faggot

#26 Entarion

Entarion
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Game's more and more active lately, specially since launch in russia and Starladder going up, also esranking being in beta the future looks bright. 2GD still does everything he can for the game and we've seen all kinds of fancy improvements from the developing studio lately :)

Also:
Check it out, tournament's going to be hosted with donations, over 400$ have been gathered already.

Some other cool videos also made by Gornodd:
-
-

If you need any help whatsoever, either join the help channel or feel free to also whisper me in-game(nick's Entarion).

#27 Speshul

Speshul
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Baelgun
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

Last I played was in beta and a bit at launch, so much has changed :S

-Why did they increase health and damage by like x10?
-Should I just unlock all tiers of traits ASAP? Why did they even add this?

#28 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

Last I played was in beta and a bit at launch, so much has changed :S

-Why did they increase health and damage by like x10?
-Should I just unlock all tiers of traits ASAP? Why did they even add this?

-Because if power traits were to go live in the old values, numbers that are factored after power become decimals. So instead of getting hit for say 15.6 from a M1, it'll be 156. I'm still not used to it, for the most part I just read the first two digits.

-ASAP would be preferred, casuals complained there's no sense of "progression"
*as stupid as that sounds. Unfortunately they were the majority of the population*

So that stupid idea came in, on top of gems and passive medallions. Once you get them they don't bother you much anymore.

It didn't really add much "progression" into the game, though population is a shit ton better so I suppose it worked.

Slightly off topic wall of text

Spoiler

Look into this thread for a tier list of traits and gems on top of a cookie cutter build that you can use.

http://www.bloodline...t=gem tier list

The medallion section is slightly outdated but the gems/stat/traits section is still relevant.

Again I'll try find time to complete a guide. Just keep throwing questions.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#29 Speshul

Speshul
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Baelgun
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

The first trait build picture isn't working, the non-melee one. How often are medalions actually used at high level play? I haven't used mine since I bought them, always save energy for ult or EX abilities. Are they incredibly situational?

Also what do you look for when picking a healer? How do you know which one suits the comp more?

Thanks for the help!

#30 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

The first trait build picture isn't working, the non-melee one. How often are medalions actually used at high level play? I haven't used mine since I bought them, always save energy for ult or EX abilities. Are they incredibly situational?

Also what do you look for when picking a healer? How do you know which one suits the comp more?

Thanks for the help!

Medallions are used pretty damn often. ESPECIALLY meteor which is getting nerfed, probably still good anyways.

Benefits of using them is,

•It doesnt use any of your main cds
•Good amount of them are multi-purpose and can be used in a lot of situations, meteor and aegis is an example.
•some of them are relatively cheap in energy cost, below 40% energy, some even at 25% energy. Can be further reduced with medallion mastery trait.
•some of them were just broken to the point that they needed to be nerfed. Teleport medallion was so good that they had to literally double it's energy cost, add a cast time and allow it to not go through walls.
•When your outs are down and you really need, it's a good time to use your defensive medallions like aegis or frost shard, even meteor shard to peel off 2 melees.
•Meteor combos. Enough said.
•Bloodline specific setups like Stormcaller Q -> Voidstone.
•if someone prefers EXes, they typically have energy left over to have medallions as an option.

I mentioned meteor shard a lot because it has that much uses to it. Long range, AoE that hits for 24 damage without traits, the knockback interrupt casts.

Aegis is a general use shield. Bloodlines like seeker that can't avoid delayed ultis can use the medallion to protect themselves from the explosion.

The rest is preference but those two medallions are the most used. Again meteor will probably get nerfed in some way. Iverson uses Breakstone *wow trinket* pretty well, Voidstone is great with seekers and stormcallers, run speed medallion is crazy on ranids *pop it -> Stealth*

etc.

In short, they're used quite often in high level play. Depends from player to player but generally yes.

I'll move on to healers in a bit.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#31 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

Ok I'll keep this general. Not the absolute best opinion but I'll mirror what most notable players say.

Alchemist fits most comps, and is a solid healer. Argued that she's too solid to the point she overshadowed most of the weaker healers. She got nerfed slightly a couple times, though other healers are catching up.

Things to note *probably will be the most detailed on this since I play with one*
Spoiler

Pomp fits best into double ranged comps. Works as an artillery + supporting healer with her moveset. Mentioned as "unkillable" against melee bloodlines if played well. Her popping ultimate is like Phoenix turning into Dark phoenix; shit blows up and galaxies explode.

*need sleep so I'll add more to pomp later*

Astro has sorta a issue. Amazing in 2s, eh in 3s aside from being amazing in double healer teams due to him being a hybrid of a melee dps and a healer with a buff that allows the team mate to increase incoming heals by 21% *retarded when paired with an alchemist's heal* Best CC out of all the healers, lacks healing output and relies on his EX heal to keep up. They're buffing his viability in a top level 3s setting as a solo healer, though not there yet.

Amazing mobility and very annoying debuffs. At mid/high level he's alright, don't let it stop you if someone only plays astro good. Plays well with other melee bloodlines, and bloodlines that have good CC. *Astro/Guardian works well*

Herald is good against ranged, meh against melee generally. He got buffed fortunately and is more suited for 3s, probably will get buffed some more. Anyways he's well suited to handle ranged bloodlines with chronoflux and can support bloodlines/players that want protection from ranged bloodlines. Proper chronoflux placement can also reflect heals. A bloodline that can help Herald out against melee would be ideal.

Bloodpriest is a VERY mobile and a aggressive fast paced healer. His heals are quite fast, and his healing output starts out as meh and goes to amazing once he keeps his M1 stacks up. He has great CC, damage and a durable shield that lasts a incredibly long time that also reflects 33% damage back on top of healing bloodpriest for 33% of the damage taken.
Spoiler

He can fit in well with a good handful of bloodlines, though keep in mind that damage breaks his fears.

Grimrog, well I have yet to fully understand him. He's a fun melee healer. Works very well with melee based bloodlines due to his Totem assisting with protection and healing within a large area.

Spoiler

I'll try finish this later though I kept it general for the most part. If you're playing with a buddy who is a healer that's not the "best" healer for your bloodline, don't be discouraged. Comps don't really matter til maybe higher levels of play. Usually fundamentals and general coordination pulls out all the wins. Hell get creative otherwise.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#32 Speshul

Speshul
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Baelgun
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

Played for 3 days now and still can't decide on a champion to buy (from the start quest) :| I enjoy all roles :<

#33 Acud

Acud
  • Members
  • LocationKepler-22b

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Played for 3 days now and still can't decide on a champion to buy (from the start quest) :| I enjoy all roles :<

play on and on and make your choice later

i bought my first bloodline (igniter) before they added the start quest and therefore still have to pick one of the BLs. i'm not sure yet and will play around with some BLs in the next days, we'll see

Posted Image

#34 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

Alright been taking a break for the past couple weeks waiting for the patch. The next patch is due next week wednesday I believe. Tons of changes in the right direction as per usual

*with the exception of maybe no buffs to SC ult but they fixed all his other issues so it's alright.

New melee bloodline *only preview phase so you won't see him in rated yet*

Increased XP gains by 50%

Solo ranked level requirement is now level 20 instead of 25

medium/hard bots available to free accounts *good for guys starting out*

Meteor shard got nerfed

Supposedly fixed party matchmaking auto balance *hopefully B)*\

Toned down Stalker's retardedness B)

Buffed Guardian and Ravener

Made Pomp's EX Q less retarded

Improved Vanguard's reflect

Gunner's execute cast is faster but lesser damage

*often a fully casted execute often hardly ever lands by itself at higher levels of play, but in CC chains with a harb it gets pretty bullshit. Therefore they decided to tone down the burst and increase the cast time so she could use it in more general situations*

Etc...

Go read it.

Can PM me from here til then.

Patch notes;

Spoiler

ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#35 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Just started playing this to kill time, it's pretty fun but the cash shop aspect is kind of lame. Shit is way too expensive when using the free currency and it seems to me like it has pushed a ton of players away from the game.

Gameplay-wise it's so smooth though, like WoW arenas but so much more skilled and so much less rage inducing. I'm pretty horrible at this game right now but it's still fun.

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#36 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Just started playing this to kill time, it's pretty fun but the cash shop aspect is kind of lame. Shit is way too expensive when using the free currency and it seems to me like it has pushed a ton of players away from the game.

Gameplay-wise it's so smooth though, like WoW arenas but so much more skilled and so much less rage inducing. I'm pretty horrible at this game right now but it's still fun.

Yeah. Well they atleast listened to the community and allowed one of the original16 bloodlines to be free, instead of a sorta random 8 out of the 16. On top of having a 8 bloodline rotation thats different from everyone elses rotation. *used to be a set 4 bloodline rotation that changes every week and it caused mini fotw*

I might get back into the game since the devs took my suggestion for a title. Just playing too much tribes and going from 60-80 ping to 150 is a big jump :(. Ah well. I miss the game.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#37 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

I'm still a complete and utter noob but in the few glimpses I've gotten of playing against moderately skilled players, I've been really impressed. I'm really surprised this game doesn't get more attention, it seems like everything people here want from WoW arena -- but I guess people are just too committed to WoW as a game/lifestyle.

I love how quick it is to get into games. You don't need to form a party or wait for people to come online. Just load the game, queue up, and 20 seconds later you're in the arena. Pretty awesome.

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#38 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

I'm still a complete and utter noob but in the few glimpses I've gotten of playing against moderately skilled players, I've been really impressed. I'm really surprised this game doesn't get more attention, it seems like everything people here want from WoW arena -- but I guess people are just too committed to WoW as a game/lifestyle.

I love how quick it is to get into games. You don't need to form a party or wait for people to come online. Just load the game, queue up, and 20 seconds later you're in the arena. Pretty awesome.

The game itself is amazing. Just other things get in the way, particularly the publisher and their server quality/server location.

I can offer a shit ton of advice related to gameplay mechanics and general bloodline strats, though I need to get back into the game so that I can see what's up with the new matchmaking system.

Also if you're considering on investing money into the game and want a variety of bloodlines to play, go for champ edition and then with the extra currency you buy another bloodline of your choice. Also a big plus for it is the ability to save your replays. *love the replay system*

You can test all the bloodlines in single player against bots. From what I remember they even allowed Hard bots to be used by free players, which wasn't really there before until not too long ago.

I also missed out on the new spectator system where you can supposedly watch anyone's match in rated(?) or in unrated matchmaking. I remember briefly just hopping into my friends list and then hitting observe then bam; OBSing his game. It used to be limited to ingame tournaments and custom games.

Also since you started, be sure to get used to the dynamic camera over static. The keybind should be on the middle mouse button.
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users