#21 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

Rets used to have nothing and now when they got more survival they want more. I think that it's human nature, to always constantly to want more and more.
I don't play Ret but sacred shield looks pretty good to me. WoG's are nice as well and bubble -does- remove your debuffs which enables you to run away or do something to stop them from killing you.

I know ret might need changes to not have to play 3 dps but I don't think that it's this change. This change actually makes them even better for triple dps.

If this had been posted in tbc people would have insulted the OP and spammed him with noob for not just telling his partners to kick mass dispel. :C

#22 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

Fuck, remove WoG for Rets. Make it a Holy spell only.

I do not see the problem in that?

Then start working on how to fix Ret with a gap closer and some possibilities for us to play defensively instead of line of sighting.

View PostHyrmine, on 20 March 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Rets used to have nothing and now when they got more survival they want more. I think that it's human nature, to always constantly to want more and more.
I don't play Ret but sacred shield looks pretty good to me. WoG's are nice as well and bubble -does- remove your debuffs which enables you to run away or do something to stop them from killing you.

I know ret might need changes to not have to play 3 dps but I don't think that it's this change. This change actually makes them even better for triple dps.

If this had been posted in tbc people would have insulted the OP and spammed him with noob for not just telling his partners to kick mass dispel. :C

Listen bruv, Sacred Shied is absolutely dogshit. Rets have had same survivability since since forever. Divine Protection used to be a 50% dmg reduction instead of having Divine Shield, which arguably would probably be better in todays metagame.

Sacred Shield can be nice, but it is extremly cluth. You can not decide when to pop it to go defensively, and you can die without it even proccing. With that I mean that there is a delay before SS actually goes up. Several times I had to bubble and seeing Sacred Shield proc with 10% hp.

When you're out of divine shield, if not mass dispelled you Sacred Shield is gone. That mechanic is absolutly dogshit when passive.

WoG is not more survivability. Compared to us being able to cast instant FoL and having Sacred Shield as Rets which was a passive I'd say our defensive capabilities is actually weaker. In a non triple DPS setup (lets not try to balance a class based on 1 setup shall we, where there is a rogue + hunter doing retarded damage and CC too) Rets get completly shat on, and using WoG on yourself without Sacred Shield is 3 holy power (no damage for next 10 seconds) and heals for maybe 25-30k.

P.s. You couldnt mass dispel in TBC, and Divine Shield gave you a -50% dmg debuff instead of -100% attack speed since people got globalled by WF, Ret and Warrior with Freedom.

Edited by averagepriestz, 25 March 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#23 Stige

Stige
  • Stìgé
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Add +20% WOG healing for Rets somewhere maybe and reduce selfless healer to 20% or something.
Posted Image

#24 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

Definitely a great idea to remove WoG from ret and start giving other stuff to make the class good.  Turbo NS on a 10 second CD from a DPS class is definitely one of the stupidest things to ever make it to live, but it's the only thing keeping the class viable sadly.

btw fuck triple dps scum
Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#25 Iambored

Iambored
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1567

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostKelarm, on 28 March 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

btw fuck triple dps scum
+Rep, just because.

#26 Kujaqt

Kujaqt
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostKelarm, on 28 March 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Definitely a great idea to remove WoG from ret and start giving other stuff to make the class good.  Turbo NS on a 10 second CD from a DPS class is definitely one of the stupidest things to ever make it to live, but it's the only thing keeping the class viable sadly.

btw fuck triple dps scum

When I played trip dps I felt a little dirty.

Then I remembered I play a hunter and you have no idea how awesome it is to see warlocks want to kill themselves at the moment. It's just fun to be happy about meeting a class that is otherwise aids to meet.

Infact, it just makes the game fun to play overall, you getting mad just makes it more fun - sorry :P

Keliann said:

our paladin's a huge asian flake, PM if you're somewhat close to DC and can make it, will be running TSG and possibly another comp

Originally Posted by clouds
I don't think you can win-trade at MLG

#27 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

People playing RLS, Junglecleave and Triple DPS are all on par in this case. It does not matter if your setup does not end the game in 1 minute and your partner can not heal you from 0-100% in a few seconds. What matters is that none of the above comps require more braincells than the previous.

Getting Gladiator as any of these comps requires the same. I do not get how a RLS with legendary staff, heroic cunning, legendary daggers and heroic vial can not see the irony in in them moaning about triple DPS, their only counter.

Edit: (The last example was the guy reposting the "Ret god class" thread) playing RLS with said gear. You have to have a pretty thick skull not to see the irony in that - Hello Wallrikz. Especially saying Rets are a god class, how dumb can you be.

Edited by averagepriestz, 29 March 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#28 Tonysmash

Tonysmash
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/2/2/2/0
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Ret is in a far better place survivability wise than S8, though. Ok they're in a bad spot, time to pop wings JK LAVA BURST CONFLAG dead.

Also, I'd be more than happy with a survivability buff and a nerf to selfless healer, it is incredibly unbalanced do to inflation in attack power, might work a little better if they based our spell power around strength much like protection talents.

Edited by Tonylittle, 03 April 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#29 Tonysmash

Tonysmash
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/2/2/2/0
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 29 March 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

People playing RLS, Junglecleave and Triple DPS are all on par in this case. It does not matter if your setup does not end the game in 1 minute and your partner can not heal you from 0-100% in a few seconds. What matters is that none of the above comps require more braincells than the previous.

Getting Gladiator as any of these comps requires the same. I do not get how a RLS with legendary staff, heroic cunning, legendary daggers and heroic vial can not see the irony in in them moaning about triple DPS, their only counter.

Edit: (The last example was the guy reposting the "Ret god class" thread) playing RLS with said gear. You have to have a pretty thick skull not to see the irony in that - Hello Wallrikz. Especially saying Rets are a god class, how dumb can you be.

People are going to complain for the sake of complaining. Spicy Chicken cleave, feral spriest hpal are two comps that are extremely difficult to beat, if not impossible being played by top tier players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<