Wabu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 192

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

I'll preface by saying I have a feeling the answer to this is 'get shit on' 'grab your ankles and find something to  bite down on' or 'lose, but who cares, 2s are garbage' or any combination of those.

Playing Rogue/Feral vs Priest(any spec)/Mage(any spec) we seem to lose 9/10...about 75% of our total losses come against some variation of this comp. Without getting too in depth, playing double melee against any team with fear is an abortion but coupled with novas and deep freeze you're forced to trinket into another cc of some sort. Initially we'd train the mage but any decent priest that fears on cd it's all downhill after the 2nd/3rd one. We've since decided just to train the priest and make the game short for better or worse but if the mage is decent that doesn't go over too well either.

All tips/tricks/insults welcome. Thanks

#2 Nemlol

Nemlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:42 PM

get double vial?

#3 Feignxo

Feignxo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Bronzebeard
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostWabu, on 01 January 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

I'll preface by saying I have a feeling the answer to this is 'get shit on' 'grab your ankles and find something to  bite down on' or 'lose, but who cares, 2s are garbage' or any combination of those.

Playing Rogue/Feral vs Priest(any spec)/Mage(any spec) we seem to lose 9/10...about 75% of our total losses come against some variation of this comp. Without getting too in depth, playing double melee against any team with fear is an abortion but coupled with novas and deep freeze you're forced to trinket into another cc of some sort. Initially we'd train the mage but any decent priest that fears on cd it's all downhill after the 2nd/3rd one. We've since decided just to train the priest and make the game short for better or worse but if the mage is decent that doesn't go over too well either.

All tips/tricks/insults welcome. Thanks
Training the priest is your best option as this comp, regardless of the priests spec. Wait for mage to pop, sap him, open hard on priest, you should be able to force him to ps, disperse, and/or trinket in your opener, and most likely kill him. You're feral rogue. Out of the sap, follow up with a cc on mage and be ready to cc his trinket. Running feral rogue you should be able to kill a priest, as stated before, while keeping instant cc on mage. And even if you cant cc you can stop all but pet nova by bombing when you're on the priest. You can theorycraft all day, but when it comes down to it, all you have to do is open hard on the priest, kill him and outplay the mage by timing your cc/smoke bomb right. Hope this helps.
Lifebloom's bloom effect has been reduced by 20%. Wild Growth healing has been reduced by 20%.

Cata Druids too stronk.

#4 Wabu

Wabu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Sounds good on paper but with this general strat you're required to both trinket the first fear..which leaves you in a dragons breath or something similar. this is basically how we play it. Maybe we're just bad, oh well.

Generally we get pet novad in the bomb and the priest skates out with pw:s freedom after pounce/garrote wears off, fearing before or after the pw:s gcd

Edited by Wabu, 01 January 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#5 Shadowtwist

Shadowtwist
  • LocationRiyadh, Saudi Arabia

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

How can you lose to mage sp? Sap sp before mage pops when shield goes down sap mage and open on priest with pounce and berserk followed by garrote which should force a disperse vanish and cyclone priest repeat with dance and cloak and it's gg even if ur feral is cced
Posted Image

#6 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

View PostWabu, on 01 January 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

Sounds good on paper but with this general strat you're required to both trinket the first fear..which leaves you in a dragons breath or something similar. this is basically how we play it. Maybe we're just bad, oh well.

Generally we get pet novad in the bomb and the priest skates out with pw:s freedom after pounce/garrote wears off, fearing before or after the pw:s gcd

if you open hard on any priest in priest mage you will force a ton of cooldowns .. play it right and the mage will even block A CC to save his priest
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#7 Wabu

Wabu
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

View Postkannetixx, on 01 January 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

if you open hard on any priest in priest mage you will force a ton of cooldowns .. play it right and the mage will even block A CC to save his priest

Decent mages bock the blind so they can trinket the cyclone giving them pretty much 100% uptime minus the sap. Anyway, I guess we're doing it wrong. I'll hit the gym and press my buttons harder next time

#8 Z4muZ

Z4muZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Lightning's Blade
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/.
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Sap Mage after invis, open priest. Either Priest trinkets Kidney or Mage trinkets Sap (considering Feral/Rogue current damage and 25% wound...).

If it's the Mage who trinket, blind him and carry on Priest. If he blocks offensively, switch to him. If he doesn't, the priest has to either trinket into fear or PS, wait out the kidney and then to fear, although if both of you are geared the priest should be dead within 10.5 seconds even if he did PS. It's much more likely he'll trinket kidney and fear, and in that case, just wait the fear out. Focus on interrupting (don't cyclone DR him unless you have to) the Mage until DR's on the priest wear out, reopen with a bomb. Cyclone the Mage after bomb/during it if he steps in, finish off the priest.

If it's the Priest who trinket the opener, control him and switch to the Mage. Don't leave any gaps whilst controlling the Priest to avoid fears. Offensive cloak will definitely guarantee the block, but you should do your best to obviously postpone it for hypothermia. You won't be able to actually land a kill during the first cc chain on the Priest, so your focus should only be getting him to block whilst maintaining as many cooldowns as possible. After DR's wore off, go on whomever is in a better position. Both have no trinkets and likely PS, just Cyclone -> Sap whomever you're not attacking and finish off the other one.

I haven't played Rogue/Feral or rather, any _serious_ 2s for a good time now, but considering how strong both Rogues and Ferals now, I feel this sounds very reasonable.
Posted Image

#9 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

with the current state of rogues, you may be able to just kill the priest in an opener with cc on mage (definitely if the rogue has vial) by spamming cooldowns - this was also how feral/rogue could beat priest/mage reliably in wrath for example

however, it is also more than possible to win consistently against any priest mage that isn't quite good just by playing a defensive game and eventually killing the mage (with your rogue playing imp recup especially). as long as you deny casts at key moments, control the match correctly, roll full hots constantly, and pay constant attention to avoiding/denying double fears, you can live pretty much forever and eventually find a window with trinkets/root breaks/cloak up to kill the mage when he does not have a block.

this is how you basically had to play last season for example against mage priest that was at least marginally competent (it was not really possible to kill priests playing marginally correctly in openers at all), although playing that way will obviously lose to top-notch priest mage even if you do it very well.

you can obviously also do things like sap mage, open priest, try to get a trinket/block from mage with control on him and then go on him after those too - just don't be too aggressive with things like cloak/skin/trinkets in the opener if you are planning to try to win that way, because it is very unlikely the match will end before they have a window to establish some control of it

against sp/mage you obviously just need to zerg the priest very hard after sap out of invis and control mage, unless the mage puts himself in a really dumb position without block. if you can get a partial reset after disperse that is fine too, but be very careful about how much you allow them to recover - full resets help them more than you unless you still have all of your control breaks.

Edited by Datah, 02 January 2012 - 01:07 AM.

feral always

#10 Pankakez

Pankakez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1789
  • 3v3: 2052
  • RBG: 2322

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:41 AM

2v2 bracket consist of lock shaman rogue priest and my 2 favorite comps priest mage lol and priest feral haha were gonna kill priest jk cloned cloned cloned feared i got u no jk just got faerie fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<