Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

RestoShaman + DK


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderace

Thunderace
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 501
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

Hey,
so I'm playing  :shaman: :deathknight: in 2s and I just wondered if it's a viable setup?

I can survive almost endlessly against most setups and a single DPS won't bring me down.

When my DK was unholy he couldn't kill anything at all, now as frost it's a little better.
But he just cant kill healers at 2,1+ rating.

Like not at all, not with purges not with dispels, it's just not possible.

So our only chance is basically to win vs 2dps right?

It feels to me that this comp is rather weak, since we just can't win vs a Heal+DPS.
Even with perfect shock and hex combinations.

So what's up with that.
Can't climb the ladder above 2,2 with this.

Thanks!

#2 Seafish

Seafish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 408
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

priest dk
druid dk
paladin dk


all seem to be fine.
Posted Image

#3 Natusiadkmandk

Natusiadkmandk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 165
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

Tunnel healer every day and if u dont win ur dk is bad
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=301Mbo8CP_M

AWESOME ROGUE PVP VIDEO

#4 Thunderace

Thunderace
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 501
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

Can't kill the enemy healer and besides of Hex/Frost Shock I can't do anything to peel.

Seems to me that Healer + DPS is just terrible in 2s and no fun to play.

Rogue + Priest might be the exception because of offensive pressure by mana burns.

How can you play DK+Shaman and not get nuts after ~5 games?

Can't handle a 20 minute game anymore, never ever again.

#5 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 387
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

When my DK was unholy he couldn't kill anything at all

seems like the dk is playin the wrong game then

#6 Nermó

Nermó
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 1281
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

Haha if your dk cant kill a healer in 2s then you need a new one i can tell you :D

Edited by Nermó, 15 December 2011 - 10:37 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Cobeliany

Cobeliany
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 115
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1588
  • 3v3: 672

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

the difference between a good dk and a bad dk in 2s is the bad dk tries swapping off the healer

#8 Thunderace

Thunderace
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 501
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

Are you sure, he keeps telling me he can't kill the heal??

I don't think he's bad either.

When going against a disc for example, and I kite their DPS so he can go nuts on the Disc.
He will get a Mind Control, when he interrupts it the disc is free to cast.
He then uses lichborn and gets a shackle -> interrupt (holy school locked out) -> grip -> strang -> Priest at ~40-60% HP with maybe 1 cooldown used.

So what can he do to solo a priest for example?

When I purge offensevly while surviving I burn my mana too quick.
The other heal loses barely any mana and barely any HP vs him.

#9 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 876
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/.

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

Dk healer should work very well, especially as unholy.
I know personally rogue resto sham works great if your rogue knows how to save cds for hard swaps so he can't be peeled while the shaman mashes purge.
Dk shaman should be similar especially vs priests if you are purging the fuck out of him

#10 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 876
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/.

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

View PostThunderace, on 14 December 2011 - 07:00 PM, said:

Are you sure, he keeps telling me he can't kill the heal??

I don't think he's bad either.

When going against a disc for example, and I kite their DPS so he can go nuts on the Disc.
He will get a Mind Control, when he interrupts it the disc is free to cast.
He then uses lichborn and gets a shackle -> interrupt (holy school locked out) -> grip -> strang -> Priest at ~40-60% HP with maybe 1 cooldown used.

So what can he do to solo a priest for example?

When I purge offensevly while surviving I burn my mana too quick.
The other heal loses barely any mana and barely any HP vs him.
Why is your dk even interrupting the mind control when you can just shear, ground or purge it off him, and he can ams or lich it(shackle can be dispelled and I'm pretty sure its on the same tree as healing spells for priests).

Edited by Jackow, 14 December 2011 - 07:13 PM.


#11 Thunderace

Thunderace
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 501
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

That was just a 1on1 example, when I pull their dps to my side to stop peels on my DK.

He's on the other side of the map then.

When I hardpurge and interrupt the healer and heal up while doing so I go oom before the healer dies and then pressure is on us.

Even when playing offensive the healer simply won't die.

#12 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 876
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/.

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

View PostThunderace, on 14 December 2011 - 07:14 PM, said:

That was just a 1on1 example, when I pull their dps to my side to stop peels on my DK.

He's on the other side of the map then.

When I hardpurge and interrupt the healer and heal up while doing so I go oom before the healer dies and then pressure is on us.

Even when playing offensive the healer simply won't die.
You should only be purging when your dk is going for a kill with cds and possibly to start the match.
What classes are you having trouble with ooming you just curious, cause I can't remember the last time I oomed in 2s since anytime the dps goes to peel your dk you can drink/tide.
As for kiting the dps away to stop peels you really shouldn't need to do this, just hex on cd on their dps vs priest dps teams(unless its a feral, just try to purge and ground insta clones).

#13 Thunderace

Thunderace
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kel'Thuzad
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 501
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

Well I only oom against UnholyDKs sticking to me like a zombie on steroids popping everything to kill me.
I can kite them forever with 10% mana left, until they get one nice combination of CC on me.

It's really not that I go oom, I'm at 80%+ most of the time and I can keep us above 60% pretty much all the time.

It's just that matches never end, never ever ever!

When playing vs Ferals I purge every single cyclone and ground every now and then when LOS, so my DK has full uptime.

Let's take  :priest: :rogue:  for example.

1. DK goes on Priest, I purge priest fully.
2. Rogue goes on DK, DK can't stick to priest.
3. Rogue get's my DK to 50% with bomb, DK does 0 dmg to rogue, since he dodges/dismantles him)
4. DK grabs priest tries to kill priest, nothing happens.
5. Rogue goes on me, priest goes offensive with dispels + mana burn.
6. I kite rogue away, live forever.
7. Priest lives forever and loses absolutely 0% of his mana.
8. I go offensive to end that stupid match, nothing happens, my mana goes low while going super offensive.
9. I'm at 10% mana and the game continues, no one dies.

That's our usual match vs dps+heal.
Sometimes I just leave, sometimes we get lucky, sometimes they get lucky or leave.

Edited by Thunderace, 14 December 2011 - 07:32 PM.


#14 Jackow

Jackow
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 876
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/.

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

View PostThunderace, on 14 December 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

Well I only oom against UnholyDKs sticking to me like a zombie on steroids popping everything to kill me.
I can kite them forever with 10% mana left, until they get one nice combination of CC on me.

It's really not that I go oom, I'm at 80%+ most of the time and I can keep us above 60% pretty much all the time.

It's just that matches never end, never ever ever!

When playing vs Ferals I purge every single cyclone and ground every now and then when LOS, so my DK has full uptime.

Let's take  :priest: :rogue:  for example.

1. DK goes on Priest, I purge priest fully.
2. Rogue goes on DK, DK can't stick to priest.
3. Rogue get's my DK to 50% with bomb, DK does 0 dmg to rogue, since he dodges/dismantles him)
4. DK grabs priest tries to kill priest, nothing happens.
5. Rogue goes on me, priest goes offensive with dispels + mana burn.
6. I kite rogue away, live forever.
7. Priest lives forever and loses absolutely 0% of his mana.
8. I go offensive to end that stupid match, nothing happens, my mana goes low while going super offensive.
9. I'm at 10% mana and the game continues, no one dies.

That's our usual match vs dps+heal.
Sometimes I just leave, sometimes we get lucky, sometimes they get lucky or leave.

Honestly just sounds like your dk is the problem, dks are supposed to destroy priests. He probably either does shit dmg, lets way too many casted heals go off(something dks shouldn't have happen with necrotic/gnaw/strang/grip/mindfreeze) or he really just doesn't line up his cds right to make himself unpeelable when he's going for kills.

#15 Throron

Throron
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Arygos
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Posts: 63
  • Talents:

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

trying this comb out with a twink of a good player, as frost-dw. basicly everyone and there mom trains the dk. not a fun combo against other heal/dps, but you can outplay nearly every double dps




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<