• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:02 AM

View PostVexo, on 01 December 2011 - 06:29 AM, said:

not me :( usa :(
:(

I can't believe the sites are still down for you guys.

#4 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:34 AM

USA won't be able to play til 2013 most people are thinking, the biggest congress pusher for regulating online poker (Barney Frank) is stepping down, so it is really a backward step towards legalization.

#5 Kluian

Kluian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

View PostVexo, on 02 December 2011 - 01:34 AM, said:

USA won't be able to play til 2013 most people are thinking, the biggest congress pusher for regulating online poker (Barney Frank) is stepping down, so it is really a backward step towards legalization.
What's going to change in 2013?

#6 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

That's just the current timeline most people are thinking it should be passed by.

#7 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:19 AM

View PostVexo, on 03 December 2011 - 12:17 AM, said:

That's just the current timeline most people are thinking it should be passed by.
What did you play when you played online? cash games, mtt, sngs ect.

#8 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:22 AM

cash \ mtt

I've still preferred to play live over the last 3 years, but unfortunately I have no job atm so no bankroll so I haven't been able to play :(

#9 Minatau

Minatau
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:48 AM

TAKE IT DOWN

#10 crs

crs
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

View PostVexo, on 02 December 2011 - 01:34 AM, said:

Seeing an increased amount of Canadians on Pokerstars. Read somewhere many of them are "new-canadians" (americans), what's that all about?

#11 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

View Postcrs, on 11 December 2011 - 03:44 PM, said:

Seeing an increased amount of Canadians on Pokerstars. Read somewhere many of them are "new-canadians" (americans), what's that all about?
It's legal to play in Mexico or Canada if your a US citizen, you just need to go get a 6-month work visa and your able to play. Many of the "online pros" have moved and are back to grinding online.

#12 crs

crs
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

View PostVexo, on 11 December 2011 - 04:52 PM, said:

It's legal to play in Mexico or Canada if your a US citizen, you just need to go get a 6-month work visa and your able to play. Many of the "online pros" have moved and are back to grinding online.

Ok. Now that the Russian swarm has arrived to Pokerstars imagine how many players would be online / in tourneys if the US could play aswell ;)

I dont like the Russians though, even though they are generally not so good at the game they donk you often enough to make me lose my temper sometime wich isn't very good in poker I've heard.

#13 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

View Postcrs, on 13 December 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

Ok. Now that the Russian swarm has arrived to Pokerstars imagine how many players would be online / in tourneys if the US could play aswell ;)

I dont like the Russians though, even though they are generally not so good at the game they donk you often enough to make me lose my temper sometime wich isn't very good in poker I've heard.
I fucking hate russians donks. The always seem to hit the river and too stupid to fold before it.

#14 crs

crs
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 14 December 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

I fucking hate russians donks. The always seem to hit the river and too stupid to fold before it.

Well, you're always winning if you're the better player in the long run no matter if they hit their river sometimes or not.

I found out that playing more tables helped me with the anger of losing vs donks since I can't pay much attention to it if I have lots of other active tables going on.

Also I stepped down in levels so that I play for money that I practically dont care about at all, really helps me doing the right decision not being a coward betting too low or being affraid of calling just because there's a lot of money at stake.

Edited by crs, 20 December 2011 - 09:29 PM.

#15 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

View Postcrs, on 20 December 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

Well, you're always winning if you're the better player in the long run no matter if they hit their river sometimes or not.

I found out that playing more tables helped me with the anger of losing vs donks since I can't pay much attention to it if I have lots of other active tables going on.

Also I stepped down in levels so that I play for money that I practically dont care about at all, really helps me doing the right decision not being a coward betting too low or being affraid of calling just because there's a lot of money at stake.
My anger doesn't really effect my game play. It's just annoying consistently running into these russian morons that get lucky.

Like last night, I was in an MTT at the final table. I was sitting in third place of course there's some russian bully sitting in 1st with about twice my chips, sitting directly to my left. I get AA, put in a pretty substantial preflop raise, this retard decides to come over the top with a reraise, So I reraise him, and he reraises me again so I put him all in and he calls.....he had T9o. Hits a straight.
Shit like that just has me scratching my head. The buy in was only 12$ but I wouldn't even expect that play at the 30cents buy ins...

#16 Alcohoulix

Alcohoulix
  • Members

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

10m is nothing i got 20mil on rs
I GOT 26 REP NOONE FUCKING FUCKS WIT ME

#17 Terribadsize

Terribadsize
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline
  • Locationde_dust2

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

View Postcrs, on 20 December 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

this made me facepalm.

Just so I don't seem like an asshole I'll suggest you to stop being results oriented, pretty much what you said in the first sentence

#18 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hmmm.. i've got kind of an issue at the moment :D  I logged onto my Cake tournament again, and decided to sell all its Gold Cards and use all it's Gold Chips in the Cake Shop. Now, what i didn't know was, is that i saved up so many Gold Chips that i was able to spend them on 5 Tournament tickets: bought 3x 100+9$ ticket and 2x 150+12$ tickets. There was nothing else of use to spend them on: only Bonuses you need to clear, but no cash prizes for the chips. As you can see, these tickets are worth quite a lot of money.

I don't intend to really play poker anymore, aside from some Limit games once in a while. This is basically problem: the tickets i could buy are No-limit Multi-table tournaments only. I cannot turn them into cash in any way (contacted support about this).

Now my question is: since i'm a Limit hold'em player, and I know i'll not get any money out of either of the 5 tickets, is there anyone here willing to help me? Ofcourse, for a reward if we cash out in any of them. I'm not sure how we'd go about it, or what percentage you'd get or whatever, but well, just posting to see if anyone's interested at all in guiding me through Skype or whatever while i play.

#19 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostKennyEU, on 14 January 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

Hmmm.. i've got kind of an issue at the moment :D  I logged onto my Cake tournament again, and decided to sell all its Gold Cards and use all it's Gold Chips in the Cake Shop. Now, what i didn't know was, is that i saved up so many Gold Chips that i was able to spend them on 5 Tournament tickets: bought 3x 100+9$ ticket and 2x 150+12$ tickets. There was nothing else of use to spend them on: only Bonuses you need to clear, but no cash prizes for the chips. As you can see, these tickets are worth quite a lot of money.

I don't intend to really play poker anymore, aside from some Limit games once in a while. This is basically problem: the tickets i could buy are No-limit Multi-table tournaments only. I cannot turn them into cash in any way (contacted support about this).

Now my question is: since i'm a Limit hold'em player, and I know i'll not get any money out of either of the 5 tickets, is there anyone here willing to help me? Ofcourse, for a reward if we cash out in any of them. I'm not sure how we'd go about it, or what percentage you'd get or whatever, but well, just posting to see if anyone's interested at all in guiding me through Skype or whatever while i play.
Some sites allow you to transfer  tournament tickets from one account to another, some sites don't. I don't play on Cake so I'm not sure of its policy. My suggestion would be to talk to support. You should be able to sell the tickets to someone, possible find someone who wants a deal on 2+2.

#20 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 19 January 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

Some sites allow you to transfer  tournament tickets from one account to another, some sites don't. I don't play on Cake so I'm not sure of its policy. My suggestion would be to talk to support. You should be able to sell the tickets to someone, possible find someone who wants a deal on 2+2.

Well, i did contact them, and they made it quite clear it's in no way transformable into money.. Maybe they overlooked player transfers themselves, though, but i kind of doubt it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<