Conceitedlol
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

Hi everyone,
This will probably be my last post and before the drama erupts I'd like to make it clear from my perspective the wonderful story of "Reset Again".

Edit: Thorrior xfered to dspear with me at the beginning of the season at Gyv's request, and was told he would be given a definite spot on the team. After a few months of playing he was given one chance on the 5s where we did very well, and then told warriors aren't a good enough class to play 5s, and stuck on the bench for the rest of the season. At first it was very upsetting for him as he had to find a 3s team and another way to get glad, but eventually got over it and grew to resent Gyv for what happened.

The first hint of fear we had was when Filo and crew decided to come over, and we immediately realized we had to play. Everyone was terrified because they were big bad e-stars and would undoubtedly go to great lengths to catch and beat us in 5s, however we decided the best move would be to wait it out and see if they could actually reach our rating before queuing into them.

Waiting it out worked, and after a few weeks they couldn't get any queues and were so frustrated with RBG losses they xfered, bullet dodged. Later on, Js, the spriest recruited for our team would tell me that Gyv shittalked every one of Filo's gang and made it clear we would beat them, which seemed like a poor decision that had no upsides as shittalking your competition is never a good idea, but it still seemed like we were in a stable position nonetheless.

A few more weeks of not queuing passed and eventually teams started xfering to darkspear like mad, which created sheer terror among us 5s heros. At this point I was in college and we hadn't played for so long I lost interest in the game, also because it just wasn't fun in general, but still wanted to get r1 to sell my account for more next season. So the plan was for us to queue before the other teams caught up to us, to remove our rustiness and be able to compete for r1 when needed.

This is when the first sign that something was off appeared, as we didn't queue with our darkspear-local rogue Ganick anymore. Instead, a rogue named Bamboozling famously known for vanishing deathcoils and delivering pizza was on our roster. It made sense to me that Ganick would be replaced as he was the player on our team with the worst credentials besides me, and I never heard him complain about it so I didn't think anything of it.

We played with Neilyo and did horribly at first, then balanced out and ended up beating every other team that was competing for r1. We gained a 50+ point lead on r2 and fell back into inactivity. At this point I figured we were undoubtedly going to get r1 so me being active enough to queue every night wasn't a big deal, and prioritized college work/parties over playing WoW (lol), which caused some drama but was worked out. It was decided that I would play before going out or doing work for a few hours, and be able to commit to both WoW and having a life.

At this point I made it incredibly clear that I wouldn't be able to (due to my schedule) play the amount of games the team would collectively want me to, and if necessary, to replace me with another shaman. They (gyv and  doug) made it clear that wouldn't happen, and we would just play games with me on my shaman or in the worst possible case scenario, get someone to play on my account. We played very actively and did very well for the next few weeks, going up another 50 or so points, and then I felt we no longer needed to queue. Having a 100 point lead on 2nd place, no news of other teams transferring, and our competitors were experiencing lots of internal drama (arguing with eachother, getting banned on purpose etc), I slipped into inactivity again.

The team constantly insisted that we play more to get 2600, which was seen as the "safe point" that we could finally stop at, and to attain this Chrysalid was recruited to play on my account. I didn't have a problem with this, and neither did they, continuing to do fairly well and rising another 30 points or so. At this point (sometime last week) I was so confident that we were getting r1 I stopped talking in chat, barely read it, and only talked to them when my account was locked and the password needed to be reset. Then, this happened:
[11/23/2011 11:53:30 PM] GV: you gonna be on in like 2 hours
[11/24/2011 12:12:27 AM] Conceited: no
[11/24/2011 12:25:45 AM] GV: y
[11/24/2011 12:26:05 AM] GV: i think were feeding ourselves
[11/24/2011 12:26:11 AM] GV: so we need some1 on spunky
[11/24/2011 12:26:43 AM] Conceited: uhh if i'm up i can join qs on my laptop
[11/24/2011 12:30:11 AM] Conceited: why are we feeding ourselves?
[11/24/2011 12:33:41 AM] Conceited: don't we have a big lead
[11/24/2011 12:43:17 AM] GV: nope
[11/24/2011 12:43:21 AM] GV: so
[11/24/2011 12:43:22 AM] GV: and they will win trade too

Eventually I refuse to log on and go to sleep, and Gyv asks me several more times to be on for feeding but I don't show up, as we have such a big lead it's clear that he's paranoid and is acting irrationally.
We had a 80 point lead on 2nd place, were very close to 2600, and it seemed Gyv's fears of getting passed were slowly vanishing. Then, I wake up to 296 messages in the 5s chat, among this: http://i.imgur.com/z0WZQ.jpg

Apparently, without anyone else's consent, Vanguards decided to xfer to dspear to go for r1 in 5s and Gyv freaked out. He dragged Js into their call (according to Js) and said Vanguards would be joining the team to play on our charter and get us safe r1, because then we wouldn't have to series them for the title and the godly vanguards would be working with not against us. This idea seemed sound except for the fact that Vanguards' team was 3 New Zealand players with a comp that makes no kind of sense, that according to Js was not even asked about by Gyv.

On top of that, in order for them to join the team 2 players had to be kicked from the roster, and Gyv chose me and Thorrior. Why he did is not exactly clear, but I believe it had to do with me refusing to win-trade and being so inactive when we were safely r1 and Gyv was paranoid about obtaining it.

All in all I'm not really upset, besides the fact that I've lost a decent amount of value on my account it doesn't really bother me, but I've made a lot of friends through this game and don't want a 1-sided recount of what happened to ruin them. I'm not trying to accuse Gyv or Wetworksz of being huge shady dicks as to them getting R1 was more important than anything else, and I understand that mentality and the lengths one has to go to to reach it; the point of this post was to simply retell from my point of view what happened before other stories emerge and to say goodbye.

Edited by Conceitedlol, 27 November 2011 - 09:00 AM.

#2 hearthadinlol

hearthadinlol
  • Kaska
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

FIRST
Posted Image

#3 Fearmeh

Fearmeh
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 2696

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

second

#4 Thorriorc

Thorriorc
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 2042

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

SECOND
Posted Image

#5 taifunz

taifunz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/2/2/.

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:01 AM

fourth!!!

#6 Thorriorc

Thorriorc
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

fml, always one short
Posted Image

#7 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

fifth

#8 Imbad

Imbad
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

nvm

Edited by Imbad, 27 November 2011 - 09:03 AM.

#9 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

7th

Edited by mukuld50, 28 November 2011 - 05:39 PM.

#10 taifunz

taifunz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/2/2/.

hey man, sure :)

#11 Vanguards

Vanguards
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2196
  • 3v3: 2772
  • 5v5: 384

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

i think 2 pallies in a single 5s team makes perfect sense...

10th?
http://twitch.tv/VanguardsTV- Stream (Follow to know when I'm live!)
http://twitter.com/VanguardsTV- Twitter
http://facebook.com/Samk920 - Facebook

http://youtube.com/SamK920 - YouTube Videos

#12 Imbad

Imbad
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

oh...you're here..

#13 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

f i'm so far behind the curve

#14 Thorriorc

Thorriorc
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

I love you jpg :(
Posted Image

#15 Wetworks

Wetworks
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • RBG: 768

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

View PostConradical, on 27 November 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

f i'm so far behind the curve

Tell tpokez he is a cutie

edit - gyv is a paranoid fgt

Edited by Wetworks, 27 November 2011 - 09:08 AM.

#16 Hawtz

Hawtz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2400

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

go figure cyclone wintraders again just like s8 all these people on this 5s team is complete garbage dont understand how u have to wintrade to get r1 in 5s on cyclone pathetic

#17 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

So you were inactive and got kicked?

#18 hearthadinlol

hearthadinlol
  • Kaska
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

wow these guys are mean! lets make a new 5s man we will get r1 , so easy even gymped and jahmilli can do it! we will sit on a team all season like everyone!

Edited by hearthadinlol, 27 November 2011 - 09:11 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Imbad

Imbad
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

View PostWetworks, on 27 November 2011 - 09:04 AM, said:

Tell tpokez he is a cutie

edit - gyv is a paranoid fgt