Jump to content

RMP vs FMP


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Viiper

Viiper
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Twisting Nether
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 13
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

As RMP, FMP always seems to give us trouble. I watched a hydra video about how to play against FMP and it said basically to train the priest.  However, when we try this strategy, more often than not we start out with good pressure on priest, but before we get the kill, someone gets cycloned and we lose all momentum.

The FMP then uses the cyclone to pressure our mage, and we are forced to go on their mage, and we have a hard time getting off because of the sheer damage a feral can put out coupled with cyclones.  My priest tries to dispel instant cyclones as much as he can, but this is not always possible, and even if he does the druid can often hardcast them because I'm stuck on the mage.  From here we usually have a hard time reversing pressure and lose.

There are some obvious solutions such as cloaking cyclones in the opener and deeping feral early.  I also have been trinketting cyclones to keep pressure up, but this opens me up to other forms of CC and we eventually lose pressure.

Is training priest vs FMP an outdated strategy, or do we just suck? If the latter, what can we do to make the opener go more smoothly?

#2 Zngya

Zngya
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 45
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/0/2/2/.
  • RBG: 2443

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

This comp will always give you trouble, while you open the priest at start with bomb + ring, your priest should be on top of him to fear the feral as soon as he opens on you which is probably gonna make him trinket.
After that you just need the right moment to blind + sap the feral and finish their priest.
If you go on their mage you will lose.

#3 stunlocked

stunlocked
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 89
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

View PostViiper, on 22 November 2011 - 07:30 AM, said:

As RMP, FMP always seems to give us trouble. I watched a hydra video about how to play against FMP and it said basically to train the priest.  However, when we try this strategy, more often than not we start out with good pressure on priest, but before we get the kill, someone gets cycloned and we lose all momentum.

The FMP then uses the cyclone to pressure our mage, and we are forced to go on their mage, and we have a hard time getting off because of the sheer damage a feral can put out coupled with cyclones.  My priest tries to dispel instant cyclones as much as he can, but this is not always possible, and even if he does the druid can often hardcast them because I'm stuck on the mage.  From here we usually have a hard time reversing pressure and lose.

There are some obvious solutions such as cloaking cyclones in the opener and deeping feral early.  I also have been trinketting cyclones to keep pressure up, but this opens me up to other forms of CC and we eventually lose pressure.

Is training priest vs FMP an outdated strategy, or do we just suck? If the latter, what can we do to make the opener go more smoothly?

The best RMP's we have fought either open hard on priest and swap to mage or just open right on our mage and train him, we have only lost to shadowplay twice, and no other comp so far but thats the closest we've come to losing, is RMP on mage

#4 wowice

wowice
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 33
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1967

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:17 AM

+rep if you dont care and think this another qq thread
www.twitch.tv/wowice500  My Awesome Stream!

#5 Terribaad

Terribaad
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 68
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/0/2/.
  • Locationswe!!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

View Postwowice, on 22 November 2011 - 08:17 AM, said:

+rep if you dont care and think this another qq thread
?????
Posted Image

#6 iblazen1

iblazen1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 63
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

I have been playing rmp almost all season and bad fmps that dont know how to peel me off the mage are very easy to beat by training mage but there have been a few fmps that gave us trouble we start off priest with a strong opener fear on feral if the priest painsups from 100% you will get off not nearly enough dmg and are forced to switch  back mage and from there we set up a fear on feral to a swap to the priest we do this every fear till we set land the kill but finding a good fmp that will actually control properly then we can just sit mage and win with ease. If the priest trys to hold painsup in your opener you or does it late like after your mage gets off the first shatter you can normally stay priest even with painsup and force another cd such as inner focus or trinket.
Also for best opener on fmp since they do not have sap make sure your mages invis after the opponents teams mage and if the opponents mage holds it you sap him or if he doesn't your mage will come out of invislater so you are still able to get the sap anyway once you have the sap fully dispel the mage and open with a garrote and pet nova on the mage from there your priest can fear the feral and your mage can use the charge of fingers of frost to deep-to-sheep the priest and you will build up massive pressure

Edited by iblazen1, 22 November 2011 - 08:52 AM.


#7 Cryogenics

Cryogenics
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 41
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1342

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

We actually faced this one RMP tonight that made feel as if i were a helpless child. I have never died so fast and they seemed to do this on a consistent basis. training the mage is still a very effective strat, you have to just be retarded offensive and they really can't do much. Deeping the rogue with blankets on the priest and clones on the rogue seemed to do nothing.

#8 Fluffert

Fluffert
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 621
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:17 AM

View Postwowice, on 22 November 2011 - 08:17 AM, said:

+rep if you dont care and think this another qq thread
Posted Image
[00:27:52] fonz: i fancy a fuck
[00:27:59] fonz: brb gonna shag my birds armpit

#9 ßøtléxqt

ßøtléxqt

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:39 AM

for us good FMP gives alot of trouble so we decided to try soemthing new like hard swtich on feral and it did pretty well, it might be sometimes rng if ur mage shatter doesnt crit but yee. basicly what we did is wait for feral open on mage / priest and i cheap shot him which will prob force barskin after that we just go for mage and blind feral to force trinket, if he wont trinket he will get shadowdance sapped and mage will be fcked pretty much, but if he trinkets we switch on him with all CDS (dance / fiend / smoke / ROF around) and just kill him (must be done b4 barskin got bck) feral dies pretty fast there, best map for doing it is prob dalaran cuz u can jhust bait him behinde a pillar, but vs bad FMPs we just train mage

Edited by ßøtléxqt, 22 November 2011 - 10:39 AM.

[4/7/2012 1:46:34 PM] Vitor: i went to kfc on ecstasy this morning after a party, and i saw a black dude eating chicken
[4/7/2012 1:46:38 PM] Vitor: so i said NIGGA PLZ
[4/7/2012 1:46:41 PM] Vitor: really loud
[4/7/2012 1:46:57 PM] Vitor: nigga was maaad

[4/7/2012 1:48:27 PM] Vitor: let me speak to ur mum
[4/7/2012 1:48:35 PM] Vitor: plz

#10 Honeyloopxd

Honeyloopxd
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 74
  • Talents: Assassination 2/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2080

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

We were having the same problem vs FMP but what worked the best for us was to open hard on priest to force some CDs. Sometimes we could just keep training him, but if they were good they would manage to peel me or the Mage of and we had to fall back on Mage. If so, it's really important to get nice fears off and if possible a redirect -> sap that will give you a lot of momentum.
You can also try getting a ring of frost on the feral with a ks on priest and make a hard switch when he's out of CDs but ya, its a feral ya dealing with :P

Dunno if anything of this is any help, but whish ya GL :)

Edited by Honeyloopxd, 22 November 2011 - 12:15 PM.


#11 Zymxyx

Zymxyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 26
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2354

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

+ rep if you care and don't think this is another qq thread

#12 Mindflayz

Mindflayz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 419
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

+rep if you hate people asking for rep
+ rep me if im useless as ever :)

#13 Raikufail

Raikufail
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 161
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

FMP is like the hardest comp to face as RMP if they are good but ur best option is probably to kill the priest and can swap off him everytime he uses trinket /PS and then go back to him with a fear on the feral etc. Imo a good FMP shouldnt rly lose though.

#14 iblazen1

iblazen1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 63
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

View PostRaikufail, on 22 November 2011 - 04:36 PM, said:

FMP is like the hardest comp to face as RMP if they are good but ur best option is probably to kill the priest and can swap off him everytime he uses trinket /PS and then go back to him with a fear on the feral etc. Imo a good FMP shouldnt rly lose though.
The hardest??? lol no its not lsd 2.0 is the hardest comp for rmp to beat not to mention there are no strats that work vs good lsd 2.0

#15 ßøtléxqt

ßøtléxqt

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

View Postiblazen1, on 22 November 2011 - 11:07 PM, said:

The hardest??? lol no its not lsd 2.0 is the hardest comp for rmp to beat not to mention there are no strats that work vs good lsd 2.0
u will loose if u wont get fast kill on shaman pretty much. just open on shaman / lock who got no earth shield and just swap everytime mage got deep for shaman and priest fear for DPS so no tremor for them =GG

if theres shaman in team, imo its pretty easy kill maybe not vs MLS

Edited by ßøtléxqt, 24 November 2011 - 01:31 PM.

[4/7/2012 1:46:34 PM] Vitor: i went to kfc on ecstasy this morning after a party, and i saw a black dude eating chicken
[4/7/2012 1:46:38 PM] Vitor: so i said NIGGA PLZ
[4/7/2012 1:46:41 PM] Vitor: really loud
[4/7/2012 1:46:57 PM] Vitor: nigga was maaad

[4/7/2012 1:48:27 PM] Vitor: let me speak to ur mum
[4/7/2012 1:48:35 PM] Vitor: plz

#16 skunks

skunks
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 277
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2283

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:52 AM

View Postßøtléxqt, on 24 November 2011 - 01:30 PM, said:

View Postiblazen1, on 22 November 2011 - 11:07 PM, said:

The hardest??? lol no its not lsd 2.0 is the hardest comp for rmp to beat not to mention there are no strats that work vs good lsd 2.0


u will loose if u wont get fast kill on shaman pretty much. just open on shaman / lock who got no earth shield and just swap everytime mage got deep for shaman and priest fear for DPS so no tremor for them =GG

if theres shaman in team, imo its pretty easy kill maybe not vs MLS

And RLS.

....and shadowplay

#17 Lindre7777

Lindre7777
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 44
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/1/1

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Have your mage go fire and you'll beat everything :D

#18 Itsming

Itsming
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 24
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2096
  • 3v3: 2133
  • RBG: 2236
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:33 PM

Sap priest -> clean him -> open with bomb/ring etc. Get momentum, sit him until he dies. Let rogue peel for recovery and to remain/regain momentum.

#19 Jompx

Jompx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 119
  • Talents: Feral 0/0/0/0/2/2
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

get daggers and faceroll something




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<