• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

stupid idea is stupid

its a mass multiplayer online game, where you're encouraged to play with others.

got MW3 krob?
PEWPEW LAZOR BEAM

#42 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

Well I don't play anymore,

Because, you know.. I end up just logging in, running in circles in stormwind trolling trade chat because outside of raid night, and if none of my partners are on, there is nothing else to do.

I love wow, despite the developers being insuffurable oafs concerning hunter designs. And, now that I think of it, it is a perfect example supporting a 1v1 bracket. Hunters are quite bad in arenas, and yet despite all logic people still play them. People who are disadvantaged in 1v1 would still play it, proof is in the current arena system. Every time someone plays an off spec in arena or BGs, they are essentially queing up for 1v1. They know they are at a disadvantage, and they like that, for whatever reason. Maybe they like being the underdog, maybe they think the spec is more fun, maybe they just don't want to be "Another icelance mage". Regardless of the reason, people still do it, and they enjoy it. The very same would happen in a 1v1 bracket. If you only faught people that are easy for you to beat, well, that just isn't fun, now is it? That is why I played my hunter over my DK or my mage... They are just so boring after playing a hunter.

But, there is simply nothing to do. I log on once a week, play my 10 games, to get gear, to log on once a week, to play my 10 games... and so on and so forth.

So, unless there is an improvement for solo play inbetween group activities in Mists of Pokemon, it is unlikely that any more movies will be made. I am certain a lot of people agree with this. There needs to be more for a solo to do inbetween activities. I am suggesting something, be my guest to come up with a better idea, because believe it or not, I don't play a hunter to go tame pets and duel other hunter's pets.

shame :(

teach me your ways so i can follow in your footsteps to making awesome bg / world pvp videos please.
Posted Image

#43 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

I like how no one reads the thread or can put forth an actual argument against it.

Are you all parrots?

What is the point of coming into a discussion thread if you don't spend the time to understand what is being discussed? Like, do you enjoy doing things that are pointless?

I guess that is proof that the system will be used, even if it is pointless. People do pointless things no matter what.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dentarg
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2109
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

i just cant say anything bad about 1v1 arena... i love duels and even tho ppl cry about mages (even firelol).
i would absolutely love this, would give me a reason to actually play for more than 1 hour each day :)
and besides how could people even whine against this we got nothing to lose right?

#45 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

i just cant say anything bad about 1v1 arena... i love duels and even tho ppl cry about mages (even firelol).
i would absolutely love this, would give me a reason to actually play for more than 1 hour each day :)
and besides how could people even whine against this we got nothing to lose right?

Exactly.

"I don't like the idea, so even though I won't participate in it, and it doesn't affect me, I refuse to allow anyone else to do it, because obviously if I don't like it, no one else is capable of liking it. The world revolves around me."

#46 zergal

zergal
  • Junkies
  • LocationQC

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

Would love it, Hunters are monsters in 1v1 if played right :>.

That or getting skirms back :/.

#47 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

More people would probably do 1v1 arena just for kicks than the dueling system.

The point of adding it instead of just dueling is the rating matchmaking system. People will naturally be queing up against people at the same level as themselves, so even terrabaddies will enjoy it because they fight other terrabaddies, while no one else will play arenas with them because they are a terrabaddie.

And, vise versa sorta for people who aren't terabaddies.

#48 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

That or getting skirms back :/.

Skirmish isn't the same for the reasons described.

First off, its not 1v1, secondly, it doesn't have a MMR system to que you based on your ability. Skirmish 1v1 would literally just be for people too lazy to go outside of town, which eliminates the point.

I have no problems with skirmish being added, but it is not a good substitute.

#49 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Also, I freely admit that there is a certain bias I have for this system, as I am a hunter, and we are pretty amazing in 1v1...

But Hunters aren't the best thing to grace 1v1 ever, plenty of things would be able to kill us in an arena setting where there is LoS objects to be abused.

The game needs more solo-play activities to fill in the void. As long as they don't give you equal or better rewards to things that require multi-play, there is no problem.

#50 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

bring back skirmish, i miss doing 1v2 :/
Posted Image

#51 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

bring back skirmish, i miss doing 1v2 :/

Then go world PvP or BG.

#52 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

3v3 skirmishes with MMR taken to account and balances players across teams > all
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#53 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

Then go world PvP or BG.

lol, run around for 2 hrs looking for randoms not on flying mount willing to actually fight you for a while instead of just using flying mount if u kill him/her once. vs enter a skrimish battle in 10 sec or so, fight them and have fun directly instead of waiting or searching. And bgs are full of ganking premades atm. gl doing 1v2 there...

Posted Image

#54 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

Then go world PvP or BG.

Doing it in arena is cooler B)
Posted Image

#55 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

lol, run around for 2 hrs looking for randoms not on flying mount willing to actually fight you for a while instead of just using flying mount if u kill him/her once. vs enter a skrimish battle in 10 sec or so, fight them and have fun directly instead of waiting or searching. And bgs are full of ganking premades atm. gl doing 1v2 there...

The problem is a skirmish is not ranked. Your opponent will most likely be much worse than you.
After playing for 4+ years as an well-above average player, I can tell you that noob bashing does get really old, really fast. It just isn't fun anymore.

The point is for a ranking system so that everyone is matched at someone appropriate for them.

#56 sir69salot

sir69salot
  • Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Yeah let that happen and I'll put my port up behind a pillar engauge my opponant with meta form up and pop all my cd's till meta form is up then port and let my felguard finish the guy off while I pillar kite. Or wait till the rogue uses cloak to do this or a mage the block to do all this or dk after his ams to do this. Yay balaced!!!!!! Locks would be forced to spec into demo for this, dk's would more then likely go blood and back peddle and still kill everything. Every tank would more then likely go prot spec to outlast every malee and yes even clickers will kill very good players that know how to play their class. It would be a crap fest,and you say you are only average if you can't beat other classes 1v1. Ask a rank 1 feral druid of he has ever lost to a rank 1 ele shaman. Ask a rank 1 rogue if he's ever lost to a rank 1 affliction lock. Ask a rank 1 mage if he's ever lost to a rank 1 warrior. They all will say FU** no, you are an idiot if you lose to any of those classes. My brother which plays a lock only does 2v2 for gear and the rest of the time he duels because he's not a good player and the only way he wins is if it's 1v1 basically because he specs demo. He is a clicker and i've seen people that would never lose to him in arena get fuckign trashed by him in duels. I've seen him beat multiglad rogues and and mages and every class and spec as demo and he BLOOOOOOOOOOWS. Dude has never gotten past 1700 ever and that was getting carried by a 2600 player. All 1v1 would do is let people win against classes they should automatically beat and then brag about it like they already do in duels and call even better players then them noobs and troll them.

#57 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:39 PM

Yeah let that happen and I'll put my port up behind a pillar engauge my opponant with meta form up and pop all my cd's till meta form is up then port and let my felguard finish the guy off while I pillar kite. Or wait till the rogue uses cloak to do this or a mage the block to do all this or dk after his ams to do this. Yay balaced!!!!!! Locks would be forced to spec into demo for this, dk's would more then likely go blood and back peddle and still kill everything. Every tank would more then likely go prot spec to outlast every malee and yes even clickers will kill very good players that know how to play their class. It would be a crap fest,and you say you are only average if you can't beat other classes 1v1. Ask a rank 1 feral druid of he has ever lost to a rank 1 ele shaman. Ask a rank 1 rogue if he's ever lost to a rank 1 affliction lock. Ask a rank 1 mage if he's ever lost to a rank 1 warrior. They all will say FU** no, you are an idiot if you lose to any of those classes. My brother which plays a lock only does 2v2 for gear and the rest of the time he duels because he's not a good player and the only way he wins is if it's 1v1 basically because he specs demo. He is a clicker and i've seen people that would never lose to him in arena get fuckign trashed by him in duels. I've seen him beat multiglad rogues and and mages and every class and spec as demo and he BLOOOOOOOOOOWS. Dude has never gotten past 1700 ever and that was getting carried by a 2600 player. All 1v1 would do is let people win against classes they should automatically beat and then brag about it like they already do in duels and call even better players then them noobs and troll them.

You didn't even read the post, overpowered classes would be at higher ratings, so a "good" rating is higher for some classes than others.

Similarly to how back in BC, 2.2-2.3k was glad, and now it is 2.9k

Also, your argument about balance is invalid until 3v3 is perfectly balanced (never).

Got anything else?

#58 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

3v3 skirmishes with MMR taken to account and balances players across teams > all

That isn't even close to what we are discussing in this thread.

#59 sir69salot

sir69salot
  • Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

Superior players in 3v3 will always beat lesser players no matter the comp at all. There are tons of r1 players that beat OP comps that are complete counters.

#60 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

Superior players in 3v3 will always beat lesser players no matter the comp at all. There are tons of r1 players that beat OP comps that are complete counters.

Exactly.

If you can't beat your counter, you are just average. (Bad)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<