• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

Still no one has given a reason other than:

"I wouldn't like it because X so therefore no one should be able to do it even though I wouldn't participate in it, or it wouldn't affect me at all."

#22 hello

hello
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

I don't see why people would be against having it. if nothing else, it's something to do in game when no partners are on.

prolly would get some of the people who miss arena skirmish something to do as well.

#23 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Would be cool for skirmishes and war games. It'd be a CM's/developer nightmare if it were rated matches.

If it was skirmishes and war games there would be no point in doing it instead of dueling. It has to be rated, but no rewards / rewards that don't affect anything else.

#24 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

I don't see why people would be against having it. if nothing else, it's something to do in game when no partners are on.

prolly would get some of the people who miss arena skirmish something to do as well.

Exactly.

Who cares if 1v1 is not balanced? When was the last time 3v3 was balanced?

#25 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

Even still, if you don't like it you don't have to play it.

Why not put it in when plenty of people WOULD like it just because some don't want to play it? It would be like removing arenas entirely because PvErs dont like them.

no because as the forums prove loads of people who dont like 2s or get angry from them play them. Hell ive played with people who yell everytime they loose lol. Why would blizz put in the work to make 1v1 arena when they are gonna receive QQ and only a small portion of players will play it compared to if they released a similar thing for dungons (1 man dungon's...like questing but with boss tactics, epic drops after bosses, actually challenging stuff not just farm quests, and all that shit).

Posted Image

#26 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

i thought i recognized your name Bandet, and when i did my montly check WCM routine my suspictions where correct. I'm assuming you're the "real" bandet, with same realm and all that.

Don't stop making videos please, the community, regardless of how shitty it is, needs people like you.
Posted Image

#27 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

no because as the forums prove loads of people who dont like 2s or get angry from them play them. Hell ive played with people who yell everytime they loose lol. Why would blizz put in the work to make 1v1 arena when they are gonna receive QQ and only a small portion of players will play it compared to if they released a similar thing for dungons (1 man dungon's...like questing but with boss tactics, epic drops after bosses, actually challenging stuff not just farm quests, and all that shit).

If blizzard didn't do anything because they were worried about people QQing, we would still be in vanilla.

Again, give me a decent argument against it. People QQing is not a good argument. People ALWAYS QQ no matter what, if it wouldn't be about this being implemented it would be the same person against something else.

A 1 man dungeon would be much much harder to design than a 1v1 arena system, in which there would need to be no design, just a rehash of already implemented content.

How do you balance a one man dungeon to make it challenging, and challenging to who? Do you balance it based upon the majority of the players in this game who don't even understand basic class mechanics or how to turn without using arrow keys? If you don't balance it to cater to them (The majority) there would be FAR FAR more QQ for this than a 1v1 arena, especially considering the fact that the majority of the population PvE's, not PvP's. If you DO cater to the noobs, the rest of the players QQ about the dungeon being too easy and too boring.

So, do you make a normal and then a heroic mode? That doesn't solve anything. The people too bad to do the heroic mode would QQ about it being too hard.

Moral of the story is, People QQ. About everything. You have to be able to identify what is logical complaints and what is just useless QQ.

QQ about theoretical imbalance of a 1v1 arena that they have no obligation or incentive to play other than personal enjoyment is just useless QQ.
If the argument is that no one does 1v1, how do you explain people dueling? Can you ever go outside town and NOT see people dueling? No.

People who like to dungeon crawl have an automated que system. People who like small-scale strategic PvP have their own automated que system. People who like large scale PvP have their own system, People who like organized large scale PvP have their own system, and soon people who like to raid will have an automated que system. All we are asking for is the same treatment for people who like to duel, and despite what you may think, the population is large enough to warrant that.

If it is implemented intelligently, with no gear benefits that are greater than or equal to rated arenas or battlegrounds, there is absolutely zero reason to not do it.

Again, you are arguing against putting this system into a game that is putting in a pokemon mini-game. Like, seriously. How can you justify not having a 1v1 arena when a 1v1 pet dueling system exists? Seriously, it is a joke.

#28 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:44 AM

Also, in before:

"MINI DIABLO IS FUCKING OVERPOWERED, NERF IT. MY SPEEDY SHOULD DO BONUS DAMAGE BECAUSE IT IS WATER BASED"

Becuase you know, people are going to be QQing about that, too.

#29 yysnake

yysnake
  • Ysnaake
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:46 AM

The problem is, game isn't balanced around 1vs1.

We have more issues than asking Blizzard to add something that is yet even more unbalanced, Skirmishes, MMR, certain balance problems, RoV...

#30 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:57 AM

i thought i recognized your name Bandet, and when i did my montly check WCM routine my suspictions where correct. I'm assuming you're the "real" bandet, with same realm and all that.

Don't stop making videos please, the community, regardless of how shitty it is, needs people like you.

Well I don't play anymore,

Because, you know.. I end up just logging in, running in circles in stormwind trolling trade chat because outside of raid night, and if none of my partners are on, there is nothing else to do.

I love wow, despite the developers being insuffurable oafs concerning hunter designs. And, now that I think of it, it is a perfect example supporting a 1v1 bracket. Hunters are quite bad in arenas, and yet despite all logic people still play them. People who are disadvantaged in 1v1 would still play it, proof is in the current arena system. Every time someone plays an off spec in arena or BGs, they are essentially queing up for 1v1. They know they are at a disadvantage, and they like that, for whatever reason. Maybe they like being the underdog, maybe they think the spec is more fun, maybe they just don't want to be "Another icelance mage". Regardless of the reason, people still do it, and they enjoy it. The very same would happen in a 1v1 bracket. If you only faught people that are easy for you to beat, well, that just isn't fun, now is it? That is why I played my hunter over my DK or my mage... They are just so boring after playing a hunter.

But, there is simply nothing to do. I log on once a week, play my 10 games, to get gear, to log on once a week, to play my 10 games... and so on and so forth.

So, unless there is an improvement for solo play inbetween group activities in Mists of Pokemon, it is unlikely that any more movies will be made. I am certain a lot of people agree with this. There needs to be more for a solo to do inbetween activities. I am suggesting something, be my guest to come up with a better idea, because believe it or not, I don't play a hunter to go tame pets and duel other hunter's pets.

#31 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:58 AM

The problem is, game isn't balanced around 1vs1.

We have more issues than asking Blizzard to add something that is yet even more unbalanced, Skirmishes, MMR, certain balance problems, RoV...

Did you not even read anything other than the title?

#32 yysnake

yysnake
  • Ysnaake
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:11 AM

Did you not even read anything other than the title?

Nope, it's too darn long.

#33 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:13 AM

Nope, it's too darn long.

Then maybe you shouldn't make yourself look like a fool by replying with silly comments that were all covered in the post.

Because you know, I wouldn't write 5 pages if it could all be summed up in a title line.

#34 yysnake

yysnake
  • Ysnaake
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:17 AM

Then maybe you shouldn't make yourself look like a fool by replying with silly comments that were all covered in the post.

Because you know, I wouldn't write 5 pages if it could all be summed up in a title line.

I do not look like a fool. It is not a silly comment. So, you proposed 5 pages of changes for a certain area of game to be implemented and to work?

These are WoW forums bro, Blizzard is in charge. Best they can do is fix the graphic on your spells, so that you are even more balanced.

#35 hello

hello
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:32 AM

Well I don't play anymore,

Because, you know.. I end up just logging in, running in circles in stormwind trolling trade chat because outside of raid night, and if none of my partners are on, there is nothing else to do.

But, there is simply nothing to do. I log on once a week, play my 10 games, to get gear, to log on once a week, to play my 10 games... and so on and so forth.

So, unless there is an improvement for solo play inbetween group activities in Mists of Pokemon, it is unlikely that any more movies will be made. I am certain a lot of people agree with this. There needs to be more for a solo to do inbetween activities. I am suggesting something, be my guest to come up with a better idea, because believe it or not, I don't play a hunter to go tame pets and duel other hunter's pets.

i think the main issue with cata is just that there's nothing to do. they removed the need to leave a city ever and with it world pvp died. also killed off arena skirmish for no reason. they almost might as well get rid of the world entirely and just have sc2 style menus where you can queue arena/bgs or pve.

now if you're online and your partners aren't your only two options are to queue random bgs or random dungeons (boring).

#36 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:47 AM

I do not look like a fool. It is not a silly comment. So, you proposed 5 pages of changes for a certain area of game to be implemented and to work?

These are WoW forums bro, Blizzard is in charge. Best they can do is fix the graphic on your spells, so that you are even more balanced.

No, you look like a fool.

#37 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

rogues, ferals and mages would rule this bracket. nothing else would really stand a chance.

hunter and destruction locks are altso really good 1v1 classes

Edited by Hyuru, 17 November 2011 - 07:19 AM.

#38 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

was thinking someone had bumped an 3y old thread cus the idea is so stupid I dont even know
PEWPEW LAZOR BEAM

#39 Krobuluz

Krobuluz
  • Junkies

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

stupid idea is stupid

its a mass multiplayer online game, where you're encouraged to play with others.

#40 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

Would be even more unbalanced than 2v2 and I dont even think anyone would like it, atleast none of the pro players would waste time on it. I'd rather have them bring back skirmish.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<