Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo
- - - - -

TES 5: Skyrim

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#41 miloMonkey

miloMonkey
  • Members
  • Locationgermany

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

I'm playing it now and I pretty much like it(edit: no, I'm loving it). Did anyone of you managed to sneak up behind an enemy and to assassinate him? 'cause I found a tower with bandits and I'm not able to kill them stealthy. I hope it's not because of my race :S (nord)

#42 CaithUI

CaithUI
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Gorgonnash
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

I think the combat system is a little bit underwhelming during my first 10-20 encounters =/

#43 Eycore

Eycore
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

After being used to Diablo 2/WoW character-item UI the skyrim one really does take the piss

other than that its a good game so far - Just doing anything but the main quest cause im dora the explorer

#44 miloMonkey

miloMonkey
  • Members
  • Locationgermany

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

can any1 tell me how to fucking one-shot some1 with stealth and a melee weapon? Is ist necessary to have a certain kind of weapon equipped? And I never managed to sneak up behind an enemy so far btw D:

#45 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

You have to be behind them and unnoticed. Level up your sneak a whole bunch and a sword will work, but daggers are better. That will become clear when you put a point in that "15x damage with daggers from sneak".
Posted Image

#46 Currylaksa

Currylaksa
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

Did anyone of you managed to sneak up behind an enemy and to assassinate him? 'cause I found a tower with bandits and I'm not able to kill them stealthy. I hope it's not because of my race :S (nord)

Not worth the trouble imo. Zooming out in 3rd person to see the whole camp helps a bit, but even if you land a successful backstab, the rest of the camp will get alerted.

I just gave up and focus on stealth-archery, at least that gives you enough space to run and reset the alert status.

#47 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

Using stealth w/archery, once you've got the 3x bonus on damage for bows it's good. You probably need pretty high stealth to successfully sneak right behind anything other than really weak / low level stuff. Plus the reduction in noise from armor unless you're not wearing any. The last sneak talent seems like what you need to take out groups completely stealthily.

I've kind of gone super-jack of all trades so far, just trying everything out. Probably not the best way to go but eh. Smithing seems really good for getting nice gear early on. So far alchemy has been kind of disappointing though, I prefer over time style pots rather than the instant ones which you could basically spam to victory I assume. Enchanting seems like it'll be good at high levels.

Spell schools are pretty limited, but restoration is super useful especially for it's perks. Illusion seems gimp w/out invis now. Alteration has an amazing perk I'd like but not sure if it's worth it.

#48 Verk6

Verk6
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

5 gold coins is a small price to pay for the ability to assassinate civilians and take their shit.

BUT...one of those bitches in Riverwood simply will not die. Her health goes down to 1, I keep beating on her as she's hunched over, then after about ~10 seconds shes back up at full health. It's not right man. Maybe she's essential to the story line? Still.

Otherwise the game is beautiful so far. I hadn't played TES since Morrowind, but I sort of expected the combat system to improve more since then. It's significantly better, but it's basically the same thing with some extra flair.

#49 xp4nder

xp4nder
  • Members

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

5 gold coins is a small price to pay for the ability to assassinate civilians and take their shit.

BUT...one of those bitches in Riverwood simply will not die. Her health goes down to 1, I keep beating on her as she's hunched over, then after about ~10 seconds shes back up at full health. It's not right man. Maybe she's essential to the story line? Still.

Had the same issue with the dudes inside the honeymead brewery outside Whiterun. Don't see how they're integral to the storyline. However when i went outside again to test it on someone else i found someone from the battle-born family (more important than those randoms inside the brewery) and she died proper, had a massive bounty from whiterun. i dunno...

• Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

how the fuck are you supposed to play a mage, spells deal like 0 damage and skills don't level up at all

killed the first dragon at level 4, wtf

#51 Speshul

Speshul
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Baelgun
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

I went heavy armor /duel wield weapons and so far love it, even though magic seems awesome

Queshun, how do executions work..? Is it completely rng or..?

Sometimes I come up to people and just one shot them :s

#52 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

Spoiler

Posted Image

• Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

i met a frost troll at level 5

• Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

i think i'm lost there

• Moderators
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Illidan
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

help i aggro'd "master vampire" in some random cave and now he follows me everywhere even after leaving the cave

can stay alive spamming heal but can't damage him

#56 Acud

Acud
  • Members
  • LocationKepler-22b

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

help i aggro'd "master vampire" in some random cave and now he follows me everywhere even after leaving the cave

can stay alive spamming heal but can't damage him

this guy is like missigno. reinstalling the game will fix it

Spoiler

Posted Image

#57 Speshul

Speshul
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Baelgun
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

Spoiler

#58 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

do you have to play 1st person or can you play third?
Posted Image

#59 Verk6

Verk6
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

You can play 3rd but it looks awkward as shit.

#60 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

I play only in third, I think first person feels awkward.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users