Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 00:02. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

PHD

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

I haven't played in ages, though I did pickup a Warlock for a little bit during S10. So I finally got around to watching the Blizzcon videos, and wow, it was amazing seeing a Hunter win Blizzcon.

He got a ton of hate for backpeddling, but I thought he played really well. His damage rotation was perfect, and he nailed his CC's to put tons of pressure while having great positioning the entire time. The comp looks incredibly strong, his team went up against the top compositions, and the best players of those classes and they won. The last time a Hunter won a tournament was Twixz running Beastcleave right? Why aren't more of you guys running that high ratings? Hunter damage looks really good, at the end of the games when it would show highest damage dealt I saw 34K.

I'm just curious as I want to see some Hunter movies, even though I don't play, I still pass the time watching Arena flicks!
Posted Image

#2 Pattzi

Pattzi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Terokkar
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

and he nailed his CC's to put tons of pressure

xDDDDDDDD

1 scatter during the entire game

#3 kravnos

kravnos
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

duelist jungyup carried to victory

#4 skunks

skunks
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2283

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

You couldn't have won Blizzcon, he did.

#5 Retromen

Retromen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

It also helped that they were playing in S9 gear and not in the current S10 metagame where mages can kill anything in a DF.

#6 Sparkys

Sparkys
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/1/1/.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

S9 gear.

In todays gear pookz could of soloed them in a deep.

#7 risenx7

risenx7
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival
  • RBG: 2361

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

you're so fuckin jealous lmao

#8 Raystigz

Raystigz
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2213
  • 3v3: 2469
  • RBG: 1848
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Why aren't more of you guys running that high ratings?

because the "high ratings" haven't moved since the first week of the season
twitch.tv/Raystigz stream maybe someday i'll start using it again

#9 Natusia of eHEROES

Natusia of eHEROES
  • Natusia
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

I haven't played in ages, though I did pickup a Warlock for a little bit during S10. So I finally got around to watching the Blizzcon videos, and wow, it was amazing seeing a Hunter win Blizzcon.

He got a ton of hate for backpeddling, but I thought he played really well. His damage rotation was perfect, and he nailed his CC's to put tons of pressure while having great positioning the entire time. The comp looks incredibly strong, his team went up against the top compositions, and the best players of those classes and they won. The last time a Hunter won a tournament was Twixz running Beastcleave right? Why aren't more of you guys running that high ratings? Hunter damage looks really good, at the end of the games when it would show highest damage dealt I saw 34K.

I'm just curious as I want to see some Hunter movies, even though I don't play, I still pass the time watching Arena flicks!

erm how do u have 200mb/s in manchester? im in blackpool and max u can get is 50 and thats connected to a private school >_>

#10 Deyzx

Deyzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/0/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

hunter takes a lot of skill compared to all the other classes, at the current state they are in im surprised any of them are getting glad and to see one win blizzcon is amazing. I want to play a hunter but they look too hard for me to figure out, pet micromanagement looks so tough.

#11 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

heh most tourny players have a couple glad titles because ladders don't mean shit other than people trying to talk shit about their titles

#12 Megatf

Megatf
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:43 AM

So the comp doesn't work in S10 gear?
Posted Image

#13 Ragerlis

Ragerlis
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

It works, but in s10 gear, remember when the mage blocked and the hunter got dropped to 10% in a deep freeze at finals?

In s10 gear the hunter ll die every single time, and any idiot double caster team can setup a deep freeze burst with silence on healer.

Thats the biggest point of playing in s10 gear atm against mage caster cleaves atm, but its not a hunter problem ofc.

#14 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

So mages have some extra damage talent against hunters or what is this?

Sounds like ya'll just need to learn how to play :cool:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#15 kravnos

kravnos
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

you're so fuckin jealous lmao

ya so jealous - i havnt played in over 6 months and make 3 times the cash browsing AJ from work.

retards coming in here thinking hunters are fixed because he won blizzcon. watching the stream for 2 seconds you can see he sucks with all the back-pedalling, disengaging off bridges, not using cc's, and not using tranq at all - that's something a duelist does. then his armory showed up and... it all fits.

i post because people are too stupid to see that.

#16 koshimo

koshimo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1805
  • 3v3: 2099
  • RBG: 1706

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:22 AM

Like many people have already said, blizzcon wasn't an accurate depiction of what arena is like on live at all. If it was played with s10 gear either snutz or talb's team would have won hands down tbh.

#17 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1041
  • 5v5: 862

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:52 AM

Not to shamelessly plug my own videos, but if you're looking for some Hunter pvp videos I have some in my sig. Braindeadly has also made some lately too. Our youtubes have lotsa random clips too so you can get a good idea of how hunters play nowadays (I love the current state of hunters, wotlk it was so boring/faceroll and TBC was just drain-botting).

#18 sParKLezZ

sParKLezZ
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy
  • LocationBoston

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:41 AM

I'm actually really excited about PHD as a comp; I understand that in S9 gear, Blizzcon wasn't an accurate representation of the comp's viability in a current arena setting, but I've always dreaded playing against Hunters as long as I have a Mage on my team.

I'm definitely going to give it a shot as soon as my Warr partner gets his DK to cap.

so i met this qt today who ive never seen before.
and ive seen everybody.
so i walked up to her.
and i was like.
who the fuck are you

#19 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1327
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

(I love the current state of hunters, wotlk it was so boring/faceroll and TBC was just drain-botting).

Yeah man cause that kfc shit last season made it non retarded or riding the backs of shadow priest/locks/ ferals. I can see your point totally........Having to play near flawless against some mouth breather wizards. This is a game first and for most its about fun not a job.

Every comp a hunter has to play for the most part is some gimmick comp until blizzard addresses core issues s6-s7 as non beast cleave was the most non retarded you were going to get and even then people will still argue over that.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#20 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1041
  • 5v5: 862

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

Yeah man cause that kfc shit last season made it non retarded or riding the backs of shadow priest/locks/ ferals. I can see your point totally........Having to play near flawless against some mouth breather wizards. This is a game first and for most its about fun not a job.

Every comp a hunter has to play for the most part is some gimmick comp until blizzard addresses core issues s6-s7 as non beast cleave was the most non retarded you were going to get and even then people will still argue over that.

KFC was broken because warriors, not hunters, what're you talking about? WLS was godly during the 100% CS warrior time too, what exactly is your point?

riding the backs of shadow priest/locks/ ferals.

Hunters ride the backs of spriests? Scatterplay is like the worst comp in the game lol. How many HLS's do you run into?

Hunters have good synergy with melee, they're not necessarily carried by Ferals, Hunter's CC if done right is good.

WotLK Hunter was faceroll and played exactly like a ret paladin, whack'o'mole with your attack cooldowns. If there's at least 1 differing feeling in regards to the state of hunters how can you prove it's all around "bad" based on your opinion alone?

Just because you're not succeeding/having fun doesn't mean it's the game's fault. It could easily be the player's fault, but you'd never consider that you're the problem, it must be blizzards fault right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users