#1 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:25 AM

I honestly don't think so. Hunters are strong when played by an incredible player at the moment, but that leaves what maybe five people?

It's not like ATC or Beast Cleave where you could just roll over your keyboard and do damage, you really need a lot of perfectly timed damage and cc to do what OMG was able to do today.

I know Blizzcon usually determines the FoTM after the tournament itself, but I simply don't think Hunters are in the state that people will be able to just easily pick one up or do substantially better with one than they would pretty much any other t1 ladder comp.

#2 Dkaioshin

Dkaioshin
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 0/1/2/1/0/.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

Yes, pretty much every random hunter is going to go pretend they are Jungyup (no1 is as good as jungyup) and play that comp.

I don't really think it will randomly skyrocket through the ratings or anything since the comp is still pretty shit (unless you are hunter/paladin gods jungyup and goochi).

The number of PHDs existing like 1400-1800 will probably like tripple though.

Edited by Dkaioshin, 23 October 2011 - 03:30 AM.

#3 Hydrixia

Hydrixia
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 574

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:31 AM

Right now there's 0 hunters in arena.
Some hunters are probably going to think they can enter arenas now because of that though

View PostOriginal, on 23 April 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

My first video ^_^, put a lot of hard work into this, I really hope you like it.

Hope you enjoy & Thanks for watching! <3

View Postkhuna, on 23 April 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

sorry but you are horrible, i usually don't trash people but you seem abit cocky

#4 Zilex

Zilex
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:32 AM

View PostDkaioshin, on 23 October 2011 - 03:30 AM, said:

Yes, pretty much every random hunter is going to go pretend they are Jungyup (no1 is as good as jungyup) and play that comp.

I don't really think it will randomly skyrocket through the ratings or anything since the comp is still pretty shit (unless you are hunter/paladin gods jungyup and goochi).

glad to see fanboys are already rising

#5 minic

minic
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:32 AM

Hope so, free points.

#6 Doomed the Dog

Doomed the Dog
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2292
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:34 AM

View Postminic, on 23 October 2011 - 03:32 AM, said:

Hope so, free points.

yeah becouse ure MAGE jk
Posted Image

#7 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:34 AM

View Postzephah, on 23 October 2011 - 03:25 AM, said:

I honestly don't think so. Hunters are strong when played by an incredible player at the moment, but that leaves what maybe five people?

It's not like ATC or Beast Cleave where you could just roll over your keyboard and do damage, you really need a lot of perfectly timed damage and cc to do what OMG was able to do today.

I know Blizzcon usually determines the FoTM after the tournament itself, but I simply don't think Hunters are in the state that people will be able to just easily pick one up or do substantially better with one than they would pretty much any other t1 ladder comp.
I don't think the fact that you have to be amazing to do nearly as well as OMG is going to stop more than a single digit number of PHDs from being formed.

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#8 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:39 AM

top end hunters have always been able to carry their team to gladiator
There is however such a skill gap between standstill autoshot pve idiots and pvp masters, more so than any other class
i mean just watch braindeadly for 5min and ull see how much spacial intellegence hunters require.

#9 kinexa

kinexa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:39 AM

will it be fotm? yes, almost without a doubt... these hunters idling team-less with full relentless gear are obviously going to be trying something.

will said fotm at competitive rating? LOLNOPE

#10 Athlete

Athlete
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2167
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 2364

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:43 AM

View PostDkaioshin, on 23 October 2011 - 03:30 AM, said:

no one gives credit to Sleeping, the dk on the team who played phenomenally.  Perfectly placed anti-magic zones in nearly every game, not being selfish with unholy frenzy by using it on his paladin to break polymorphs, death gripping healers onto freezing traps, pulling back when he knew his team couldn't put out enough pressure to wait on his AMS cool down and to allow his team to reposition themselves without taking insane damage leaving his paladin vulnerable to CC.  I rarely, almost never see any american DK's do most of these things and its play like that, that allows his team mates to play exceptionally.  If it were any other DK tunneling damage, overextending and not moving with his team, you would be seeing that paladin sitting in a lot more CC and the hunter being raped in the middle of the map.
Posted Image

#11 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1753

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:47 AM

agreed

#12 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:51 AM

View PostAthlete, on 23 October 2011 - 03:43 AM, said:

no one gives credit to Sleeping, the dk on the team who played phenomenally.  Perfectly placed anti-magic zones in nearly every game, not being selfish with unholy frenzy by using it on his paladin to break polymorphs, death gripping healers onto freezing traps, pulling back when he knew his team couldn't put out enough pressure to wait on his AMS cool down and to allow his team to reposition themselves without taking insane damage leaving his paladin vulnerable to CC.  I rarely, almost never see any american DK's do most of these things and its play like that, that allows his team mates to play exceptionally.  If it were any other DK tunneling damage, overextending and not moving with his team, you would be seeing that paladin sitting in a lot more CC and the hunter being raped in the middle of the map.

He had PERFECT dark sims in every game too. Won a game because of a stolen sheep, forced so many CD's because of a stolen fear.

#13 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • LocationAltneuland

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:52 AM

I honestly think Hunters would stick to playing with Ferals. The only hunter I've met this season who didn't was Braindeadly (played with Bladey), there's a reason for that.

While it was nice to see the Korean team demonstrate how potent Hunter damage can be, it required quite a bit of coordination and solid execution on their behalf. It's just a lot easier succeeding on the ladder with a Feral. People go for what's easy, not for what has the most potential.

On a side note, Vhell positively mentioning the monkey stun brought memories of my first Deadmines Heroic clear back in December. My first comment on vent ,seeing the monkeys, was "I sure hope these aren't tameable" -_-

Edited by Ipsissimus, 23 October 2011 - 03:54 AM.

#14 Athlete

Athlete
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2167
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 2364

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:53 AM

View Postzephah, on 23 October 2011 - 03:51 AM, said:

He had PERFECT dark sims in every game too. Won a game because of a stolen sheep, forced so many CD's because of a stolen fear.
yes I forgot about that, he also stole a few ice blocks and a divine shield
Posted Image

#15 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:54 AM

^

Tbh the dk/paladin were the stars of the team, I guess the hunter class being whined about as being weak 24/7 is why everyone puts so much emphasis on the hunter.  Hunter had good positioning but never considered covering hojs/traps with mark after the imp came out.

The DK would clutch grip into traps only to be insta-dispelled without mark ever going up.  Also like you mentioned, perfectly placed AMZ's literally winning games.

Not sure how that paladin managed to hold onto his bubble for so long with 2 people on his team being like 20-30% hp for so long, what a ballsy mofo - paid off handily though.

The whole team played well, but the pally/dk did extremely top level stuff and get no credit; a damn shame.

#16 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

View PostTosan, on 23 October 2011 - 03:54 AM, said:

^

The whole team played well, but the pally/dk did extremely top level stuff and get no credit; a damn shame.

My intention with the thread wasn't to not give them credit but to talk specifically about Hunters atm and PHD.

I personally think that DK may have bested another in skill level, and that hpal is most likely the best I've ever seen.

#17 andysc

andysc
  • Meepmop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1753

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:59 AM

agreed

#18 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:00 AM

It seemed like the action was following the hunter and paladin a lot more, and it was pretty rare for the commentators to mention him outside of necrotic stacks. But you're probably right because it's hard for a healer to position well if his team isn't also positioning well.
Vadren#1175

#19 sParKLezZ

sParKLezZ
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy
  • LocationBoston

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

I gotta say I agree with Tosan about the DK's play. Not only did he perform his role almost perfectly, but he set up his teammates to do their's as well.

Also his AMZ's were fucking brilliant and made me weak @ the knees.

View PostKubz, on 06 September 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

so i met this qt today who ive never seen before.
and ive seen everybody.
so i walked up to her.
and i was like.
who the fuck are you

#20 tiifa

tiifa
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/2/2/0/.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

View PostAthlete, on 23 October 2011 - 03:53 AM, said:

yes I forgot about that, he also stole a few ice blocks and a divine shield

it was actually another that stole divine shield :P
duskfall on mop arena:
[21:45:24] [W From] [Patrick Scibior]: wanna ndo any arena
[21:52:19] [W From] [Patrick Scibior]: this game
[21:52:21] [W From] [Patrick Scibior]: is so shit
[21:52:22] [W From] [Patrick Scibior]: i swear
[21:52:37] [Patrick Scibior]: dead in a silencing shot fuck this game
[21:52:53] [Patrick Scibior] has gone offline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<