• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

I'm not taking anything away from the hunter but I never atleast from what i watched saw him cover the traps with mark or try to focus tranq ns or bop off of a target. Brain and alot of other good hunters do that all the time and it decides the game. I have to agree that the position for the phd won them the tournament which that by itself is cool when u think about it.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#82 charles34534534

charles34534534
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

View PostDagin, on 23 October 2011 - 10:13 PM, said:

I'm not taking anything away from the hunter but I never atleast from what i watched saw him cover the traps with mark or try to focus tranq ns or bop off of a target. Brain and alot of other good hunters do that all the time and it decides the game. I have to agree that the position for the phd won them the tournament which that by itself is cool when u think about it.
He did damage instead, which turned out better. Seriously, tranq is often waste of globals if your team is good.

#83 kravnos

kravnos
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

tranqing the right things is way better than an acrane shot esp shields

#84 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

You'll also notice Talbadar doesn't always take off bubbles and blocks instantly.

#85 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

View Postcharles34534534, on 23 October 2011 - 10:33 PM, said:

He did damage instead, which turned out better. Seriously, tranq is often waste of globals if your team is good.

Sorry but tranqing off Hand of Sac/Protection is not a waste of globals.  An arcane shot for 4200 dmg (much less with sac up) is definitely not worth them being immune to all your teams physical attacks for 10 seconds or 30% damage mitigation.

Tranq shot is useless against things like priest healers typically, but when a Hpally is involved, their best utilities are easily countered by dispels (and it's easy for a hunter with 1 sec globals to get sac/protection off).

There was a game on Ruins where Snutz survived at like 10-25% for nearly the entire Hand of Protection duration, good chance the game woulda ended there if it was dispelled within a couple seconds.

Just because a team won doesn't mean every choice they made was ideal (nor am I criticizing their play, but arguing against tranq shot in this scenario is dumb).

Edited by Tosan, 23 October 2011 - 11:15 PM.

#86 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:42 AM

View Postzephah, on 23 October 2011 - 10:57 PM, said:

You'll also notice Talbadar doesn't always take off bubbles and blocks instantly.
Thats not even comparable you are saying he doesn't take them off instantly yet he still does eventually do it im saying he didn't do any of the stuff I mention. You can't compare that....
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
Posted Image

#87 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:08 AM

View PostDagin, on 24 October 2011 - 01:42 AM, said:

Thats not even comparable you are saying he doesn't take them off instantly yet he still does eventually do it im saying he didn't do any of the stuff I mention. You can't compare that....

Ya not to mention MD'ing a bubble is often times not even worth doing.  If fear is already DR'd when a pally bubbles and no targets are super low, 1-2 globals later the target could be back up to 60%+ (safe zone more or less) and MD'ing the bubble will not be worth it.  

Bubble is not the type of thing you just always MD off instantly no matter what, depends on the situation.  Same with Ice Block.  

Not really comparable.

Edited by Tosan, 24 October 2011 - 03:08 AM.

#88 charles34534534

charles34534534
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:12 AM

Well, IMO - The paladin was really, really the best, most superior of them. Shit that Pala was just amazingly good, so was the DK, he copied multiple fears & polys, and his defensive play was just amazing.

#89 Baksteen

Baksteen
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 576
  • Locationup and down in and out

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

The game that turned into a 2v2 on BeM the DK dark simd HoJ and the hunter disengaged a howl and deterrenced a death coil.

#90 kravnos

kravnos
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

stealing hoj is luck

deterrence a death coil is luck

...?

#91 Demonhehe

Demonhehe
  • Demonhéhe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Holy
  • LocationLondon - get @ me son

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

not if you're korean.

#92 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1682
  • 3v3: 2047
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

I wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't there myself to see it live. Best tournament end that I've ever seen.

#93 Speedfire

Speedfire
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2308

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

jungyup troll name dudee

View PostGranter, on 24 October 2011 - 11:29 AM, said:

hunters are shit, so we are req to reach godlevel to be able to be avalible while the rest of your scrubs can be retarded irl and still get futher as far as hunters do at higher level.

#94 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1705
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

He also deterrence a soul swap after a disengage during one of the dalaran arena matches. Like you can't judge that when its coming but he deterd with no dots on him and assumed it was coming? Which really helped a lot since he wasn't taking pressure after that.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#95 Sasotori

Sasotori
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Turalyon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1637
  • 3v3: 288

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Nerf koreans

#96 Serenade172

Serenade172
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Survival
  • RBG: 1834

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Well you also notice when you see a hunter trying to Tranq off NS or lets say Predator swiftness off a feral druid, They are using ad-dons that call out those buffs and hear it fast enough to tranq it off. Im not saying Braindeadly is a bad hunter, he's actually pretty dam good. But most of the stunts he pulls off like trying to get an NS or from what i just saw in Braindeadly 4 he tranq a Spirit walkers grace off a shaman. He wouldnt be able to pull majority of those stunts in live tournament cause they dont allow the use of ad-dons.

#97 NickyEU

NickyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • RBG: 576

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostSerenade172, on 27 April 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Well you also notice when you see a hunter trying to Tranq off NS or lets say Predator swiftness off a feral druid, They are using ad-dons that call out those buffs and hear it fast enough to tranq it off. Im not saying Braindeadly is a bad hunter, he's actually pretty dam good. But most of the stunts he pulls off like trying to get an NS or from what i just saw in Braindeadly 4 he tranq a Spirit walkers grace off a shaman. He wouldnt be able to pull majority of those stunts in live tournament cause they dont allow the use of ad-dons.

Way to bump a VERY old topics, but regardless.

Pulling those "stunts" is pretty common for good hunters. Having a simple focus target allows you to pull those. Infact I would say only a bad hunter does not tranq those.

And is braindeadly even using addons? I haven't seen his movies in quite some time but I don't think anything he has displaying on his screen is unobtainable through a simple focus target.
// Frozire // Nicky \\ Aphix \\

#98 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

View PostSerenade172, on 27 April 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

After playing arena for so long you tend to get instincts about when someone migth use something, I'm not saying its always right but that will happen. Also I tend to watch my focus target regardless of if im ranged or melee. As far as the tranq ns I won't lie that is mostly when u go in to silence trap monkey blind and you just happen to get it with ns up. Atleast that is how it is for me when im not using addons. He still didn't mark his traps against the spriest.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
Posted Image

#99 Jacob_a

Jacob_a
  • Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

Idd, tranqing NS is rare, but when it happens, it's not that amazing. It's totally random. The odds of you getting the shaman/druid in cc with NS up are super low. Doesn't matter how good the shaman/druid is unless the player is a clicker without macros ofc.

#100 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

jungyup fucking best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<