• Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationHungary

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

View PostDarkdk, on 28 October 2011 - 08:58 AM, said:

Asphyxiate will be amazing if it is not limited by the 6 (8 glyphed) second duration. And my point was cc immunity. For instance if you're facing any rogue team you'd see a lot of pre IBF'ing paired with aura mastery to Asphyxiate. Deaths Advance is the cookie cutter choice out of the 3 but it will be awesome testing out asphx when beta comes around

And it just doesn't make sense to add CE back at all tbh. The CE on ghoul was the only use for that outside of clearing PVE trash

First of all CE will be nice for PvE and in my opinion superior for leveling.

On the other hand I find that hard to belive that there will be a "lasts until cancled" stun in the game. It's just a pre-alpha idea wich will be transformed into something else.
Imagine just using Gargoyle and Ghoul on a target while stunning him forever until your pets kill him. Not going to happen. (even if it will be interruptable)

#22 Darkdk

Darkdk
  • Junkies

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

View PostCyraxx, on 28 October 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

First of all CE will be nice for PvE and in my opinion superior for leveling.

On the other hand I find that hard to belive that there will be a "lasts until cancled" stun in the game. It's just a pre-alpha idea wich will be transformed into something else.
Imagine just using Gargoyle and Ghoul on a target while stunning him forever until your pets kill him. Not going to happen. (even if it will be interruptable)

Is your gargoyle jesus? There is no way garg and pet can solo a target. And this is a "pvp" expansion, I doubt they would change any ability due to it being op in 1v1 scenarios.

Regardless it may not be forever, but it has to be substancial enough to compete with DA and chillblains

Edit: Lol yeah i remember back when CE was good during naxx, you'd spec into it for a few trash pulls then spec back for the boss. Please dont try to say say it was ever good because outside of 2s/3s it was complete shit

Edited by Darkdk, 28 October 2011 - 10:36 AM.

#23 Bubler

Bubler
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

View PostDarkdk, on 28 October 2011 - 10:34 AM, said:

Is your gargoyle jesus? There is no way garg and pet can solo a target. And this is a "pvp" expansion, I doubt they would change any ability due to it being op in 1v1 scenarios.

Regardless it may not be forever, but it has to be substancial enough to compete with DA and chillblains

Edit: Lol yeah i remember back when CE was good during naxx, you'd spec into it for a few trash pulls then spec back for the boss. Please dont try to say say it was ever good because outside of 2s/3s it was complete shit

I have no idea why, but I found the "is your gargoyle jesus?" bit way too funny

#24 Morpht

Morpht
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/2/0/2

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

lollllll!

#25 Rycu

Rycu
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

Really looking forward to the new talents! Need more OP dk talents! Every class is gonna be so insane now. Give Necrotic Strike talent imo: increase amount of necro stack by an additional 5k :D

Edited by Rycu, 28 October 2011 - 09:22 PM.

[19:10:42] [G] [85:Yogíí]: LF a 3s team on this (feral druid) or my pally healer
[19:10:49] [G] [85:Rýcu]: FERAL?!?!
[19:11:05] [G] [85:Yogíí]: YES!
[19:11:49] [G] [85:Rýcu]: Guess enough people would like to play with u then ;p
[19:12:08] [G] [85:Yogíí]: lol=P were not op

#26 Darkdk

Darkdk
  • Junkies

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

They did buff every other "mortal strike" other than Necrotic =(

#27 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

Asphyxiate lasts 5 seconds and replaces Strangulate, according to the latest Q&A.

#28 Darkdk

Darkdk
  • Junkies

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:56 PM

Lolfuckingpointless. The idea is awesome but 5 seconds is beyond retarded

#29 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:08 AM

I don't really understand how you were expecting a stun that lasts until canceled.

A 5-second stun is still pretty good for Frost, but having Remorseless Winter and Death's Advance instead is probably better.

#30 Jrmint

Jrmint
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

Can someone explain these talents to be. Are the current trees going to remain? I dont understand whether these skills are in addition to current talents, or in place of them.

#31 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

The talents as we know them will be built into the class or specs. These talent trees will replace the old ones.

Edited by GLopez, 29 October 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#32 Darkdk

Darkdk
  • Junkies

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:21 AM

View PostGLopez, on 29 October 2011 - 01:08 AM, said:

I don't really understand how you were expecting a stun that lasts until canceled.

So when i said "it probably wont be forever" you took that as me expecting it to last untill canceled? My only point was no, a shitty 5 second channeled stun isn't viable

Edited by Darkdk, 30 October 2011 - 12:22 AM.

#33 Tw1zle

Tw1zle
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Blood 2/2/0/0/1/2
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:43 AM

Tbh, the way the "alpha" tree's are looking, this next expansion could be very promising and could lead to a very different arena environment, instead of knowing your strategy when the gates open, you would have to play more reactive on the basis of which talents they picked (assuming there are more than 1 that is viable)

#34 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:28 AM

View PostDarkdk, on 30 October 2011 - 12:21 AM, said:

So when i said "it probably wont be forever" you took that as me expecting it to last untill canceled? My only point was no, a shitty 5 second channeled stun isn't viable
It's not channeled. :confused:

#35 Jrmint

Jrmint
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:02 AM

View PostTw1zle, on 30 October 2011 - 12:43 AM, said:

Tbh, the way the "alpha" tree's are looking, this next expansion could be very promising and could lead to a very different arena environment, instead of knowing your strategy when the gates open, you would have to play more reactive on the basis of which talents they picked (assuming there are more than 1 that is viable)

I might actually think about playing again if Blizzard decides to make this an expansion to show the PvP community some love. With the whole Horde v Alliance war starting up again, it is a perfect time for them to really put some focus on PvP.

#36 Tw1zle

Tw1zle
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

While i dont ever think they will take a pvp route in a expansion, especially arena, it does look like there will be some world pvp

#37 Slayfex

Slayfex
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:38 PM

View PostDarkdk, on 28 October 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

They did buff every other "mortal strike" other than Necrotic =(
it gets buffed with 4.3 doesn't it? ;)

#38 Tw1zle

Tw1zle
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

necrotic strike is in no way like a mortal strike ...

thats prolly why it did not get buffed

#39 Darkdk

Darkdk
  • Junkies

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

View PostTw1zle, on 30 October 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

necrotic strike is in no way like a mortal strike ...

thats prolly why it did not get buffed

You are are very special person. I thought these kinda posts only happened on battle.net class forums?

They are both damage dealing effects, that affect the healing done to the target. No shit they arnt exactly the same, but Monstrous Bite, Widow Venom, Furious Attacks, and Mortal Strike (which were all buffed) are all not exactly the same but are similar. I'm just saying a NS buff, especially with the more resil being stacked next season which dumbs down necrotic, it would be more balanced. Maby they think the 5% str buff to UH makes up for it, but i'd rather have a 15% buff to NS.

And Lopez were you at blizzcon? They way the ability was presented was that it was a channeled ability, that lasted until interupted. Was probably just them going along with the miss-typed tooltip tho =(

#40 Tw1zle

Tw1zle
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

K, aparently you have a very basic understanding of how ms works gz to u, let me give u the real deal

So MS, does x amount of damage and then y amount of healing reduction
that x amount of damage stays the same regaurdless of what is healed
the y amount changes depending on how much is healed

this is the crucial difference between ns and ms

the x amount of damage will stay the same
but the y amount of damage (i.e the absorb) will also stay the same

so if i give you some real life numbers,

you have a 25k ns stack that requires 25k healing
you have a ms effect of 25%, so when you deal 100k damage it would in essence require 125k worth of healing (yeh the maths is probably wrong but that doesnt change how different the two abilitys are)

The only similarity between the two effects are that you have to heal for more than your health bar is telling you
(i could be massivly wrong in suggesting that ns is just a way for blizz to give us shadow damage without it affecting pve)

a 15% buff to ns would probably bring back unhealable tsg's and ruin arena

and yes at blizzcon he did kinda suggest that it was to be channeled (similar to the lichking thing)

Edited by Tw1zle, 31 October 2011 - 03:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<