Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 22:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Weak Water Elemental

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#1 osorandom

osorandom

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:06 AM

Why is my water elemental so weak compared to a felhunter or a hunter pet? Blizzard gave us a permanent pet as part of being frost, but the pet is so squishy.... it makes me ultra :( I want a pet that doesn't die immediately when swapped to for half a second <_<

EDIT: To be serious I'm not trying to create a giant troll or be a dick, i'm just stating my pet dies extremely fast compared to a warlock or hunter pet when our pet is supposed to be permanent. That's all. I'm not trying to QQ about it's abilities or anything I get from it. Just comparing the survivability.

Edited by jhungaqt, 03 October 2011 - 01:37 AM.

Bump A Lump.

#2 Pottuz

Pottuz
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:09 AM

Your pet nova gives you 2 FOF procs, and it can freeze around pillars

what more do you want

To answer the OPs thread question. All the skilled players play warlock, everyone else is dumb and can't play their class to the best, Example: Hunters. That is why warlocks are OP

/thread

#3 Pwnarii

Pwnarii
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:12 AM

Well I wanna have some sort of team utility but we all cant have what we want
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 osorandom

osorandom

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:18 AM

Well I wanna have some sort of team utility but we all cant have what we want

Here is your answer

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=97462

Spoiler

Bump A Lump.

#5 HeheBiggielol

HeheBiggielol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/2/0/1/.
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:40 AM

ye......no
Twitch.tv/Biggielolx - Arena/Rated BG's/PVE

#6 Phillol

Phillol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2278

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

frost mage

fuck no

#7 osorandom

osorandom

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:30 AM

Give me a valid reason why a water elemental should not benefit from my gear like a warlock's pet does. I'm not talking about the fact that it gives me FoF or anything else.
Bump A Lump.

#8 Vidon

Vidon
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Gorgonnash
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:35 AM

POPULAR

blizzard shouldnt have even given you a perma pet in the first place.

I play with myself at the gym.

#9 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:53 AM

blizzard shouldnt have even given you a perma pet in the first place.

I agree with this, but to an extent.

I'd much prefer to be capable of fighting without a pet, but with the current state of anti-kiting measures that nearly every melee class has now, not having a permanent pet is a complete joke.

FoF procs aside, not having a pet out completely gimps the spec. The reason why it worked in previous seasons was because Frostbite procs off CoC, Frostbolt, and Ice/Frost Armor gave us the novas for kiting and for shatters. In Blizzard's ever-stupid thought process of attempting to remove all forms of RNG/proc-based abilities, the permanent pet was created.

A large portion of our FoF procs and control comes from the pet nova. Unless Blizzard decides to return Frostbite and increase the FoF proc rate, we're stuck with a perma-pet.

#10 kravnos

kravnos
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

why do hunter pets take 10 seconds to res and cancel if someone sneezes in their general direction when a mage can faceroll summon elemental for an instant new pet

#11 skunks

skunks
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2283

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:27 AM

why do hunter pets take 10 seconds to res and cancel if someone sneezes in their general direction when a mage can faceroll summon elemental for an instant new pet

I'm not saying the pet necessarily needs to be buffed or anything, but let's be real. Yes, it's an instant cast..................with a 3 minute cooldown..........with no way of us healing it aside from bandages........I mean why do other classes ( :hunter: ) ALWAYS need to bitch about how bad they have it, we get it, hunters suck. The hunter philosophy of QQ'in on every single thread known to man and other players hasn't gotten you buffs for 10 seasons, might be time for a new strat.

Edited by tonez, 03 October 2011 - 03:45 AM.

#12 Phillol

Phillol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2278

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:04 AM

why do i see mages ask for A SLIGHT BUFF here

I dont get it

#13 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:48 AM

Why do Warlocks have an instant-summon every 30 seconds in the event theirs gets killed?
Why does a Felhunter have the ability to hit people for 22k damage?
Why do Hunters have the ability to have a wide variety of pets that have a special ability that is almost always strong in PvP? (Monkey, Spider, Crab, etc.)
Why does our pet have to be the only one that actually casts? Every other pet (aside from the Imp) has a melee ability - ours has a 2 second, interruptable/LOSable cast. In fact, of all of the pets, ours is the worst to micromanage - it's slow, has poor AI, no inherent resistances anymore (used to be immune to Frost), and you can 'break' it's casting by walking LOS for even a moment and force it to try and reposition itself to recast again.

Ours does roughly 5k damage every 2 seconds, and has a dispellable Nova every 24 seconds. Any player can turn and kill our pet and gimp us for 3 minutes. If a Hunter pet dies, sure his damage is going to drop a bit (just like ours) and he loses an ability (just like ours), but his overall damage is going to be roughly the same - Hunter burst windows aren't generally based around his pet - ours are.

Before you complain about how we can "faceroll summon a new pet", you may want to consider what we lose and what you lose by having your pet die.

#14 LowDeeps

LowDeeps
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

I personally find killing a mage pet very gratifying. Hope it never changes.
I am:
:priest: Lowdeeps on Magtheridon
:priest: Lowdeepz on Arthas
:warlock: Lowdeepz on Emerald Dream

I FUCKING HATE TALBADAR SO MUCH.

#15 massivez

massivez
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 384

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:05 AM

you aren't a pet class while hunters and locks are

#16 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:23 AM

you aren't a pet class while hunters and locks are

You're trying to play the semantics game. The spec isn't necessarily centered around having a pet out at all times, but I was under the impression that you would be able to see the difference between a build that is gimped when the pet dies vs. a build that doesn't use a pet at all (Fire or Arcane).

#17 Maalrian

Maalrian
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1690
  • 3v3: 480

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:49 AM

instead of buffing elementals, lets just rape hunters and warlocks pets ;))))))))))))))))))))))))

#18 Maticzor

Maticzor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:58 AM

it's pretty much the most (if not the only) pet that get raped in arena easily, killing it fucks up mage damage/shatters/fingers generating/limits peels. And forces a cold snap to re summon again, even heal spam wont work on it (not to mention healers waste of mana). It's by far the most effective pet to kill, we lose a lot when it dies.

WTB frost armor for pet :<

(Before u say "U MAGE AND U ASK FOR BUFF???" well, if they gonna give us a permanent pet then they should give us a proper pet that doesn't get one shotted in the first place.

#19 ayraqt

ayraqt
  • Ayrá
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms
  • Locationengland

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

How you come to aj and compain about a non pet class having a pet which is abit squishy?
I mean it shouldnt be perma but you got given the gift of a perma pet and lets be honest aslong as you notice it taking damage how is it going to die i mean just move it los like warlocks or hunters do (yes i know pet control is alot to ask of a mage when he is busy shattering somone for 100k with instants) but trythat next time.
Atm mages have such little weak spots i think this one weakness can slide dont you ?

Only saying what everyone is thinking

Edited by Pawzz, 03 October 2011 - 10:38 AM.
edited instead of deleting, calm down on the language a bit

Posted Image

#20 Kryye

Kryye
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:40 AM

Considering I can kill your pet on my melee characters and still never be able to get within a half mile of you, I don't think pet buffs are in order.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Even the amount that PVP can alter the PVE game in WoW is unacceptable to us. Whenever we run into a case of 'this would be really awesome for PVE' but then the PVP guy says 'that kind of screws us in PVP' the answer is always 'SHUT UP PVP GUY, it's awesome in PVE so that's what we're doing!'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users