Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-26 at 00:02. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

[Mage] Major Glyphs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lexonio

lexonio
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/1/2/0/0

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:28 PM

I've seen many mages glyph Frost Armor/Evo/Poly, but it seems like noone glyphs Ice Barrier. Do you think that 5-6k absorb is worse than occasional Evo heal or Poly removing DoTs (which the target should not even have in the first place)?

#2 skunks

skunks
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2283

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

I'd say poly is essential, but evo/ice barrier is up for debate. It probably depends on the comp/preference.

#3 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

I've seen many mages glyph Frost Armor/Evo/Poly, but it seems like noone glyphs Ice Barrier. Do you think that 5-6k absorb is worse than occasional Evo heal or Poly removing DoTs (which the target should not even have in the first place)?

dots fly up every where it seems .. poly is essential simply for that reason - if you are hard swapping off a target and need to CC well you now have to wait the duration of a bleed or magic effect because you didnt want poly glyph which leads to your team being under pressure ..

ice armor is better than 5-6k absorb because when you're being trained 5-6k absorb isnt going to do much - keeping your mana up while using ice armor - will.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#4 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:26 AM

Ice Barrier glyph helps when getting trained over a long period of time, but that's not really how Mages take damage. We take big spikes of burst, usually with a healer CC'd. Knowing that, you might only get off one or two IBs per "getting trained" period. Evo ticks once instantly now, so even if that's all you get, that's three ice barrier glyphs worth of a healing, that can't be dispelled.

That, plus Evo glyph is just much nicer in 1v1/non-healer situations. Frost feels sort of incomplete without it.

#5 lexonio

lexonio
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/1/2/0/0

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

Thanks gentlemen! You've all been really helpful. Too bad all I can do is +rep you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users