tim-x
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 959

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

just geared up my shadow priest and was wondering what the rotation looks like?

if I'm not being trained it seems like i'm not getting orbs too frequently, so should i start multi dotting everything without empowered shadow up? and if i get say, 1 orb should i mindblast to get the buff and then re-dot everything? Does evangelism need to be at 5 stacks before applying dots, or will it increase the dmg of dots already applied?

Thanks and sorry if the questions are stupid :o

#2 HeheBiggielol

HeheBiggielol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/2/0/1/.
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

mind spike + mind blast
Twitch.tv/Biggielolx - Arena/Rated BG's/PVE

#3 Cloudlol

Cloudlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

What comp are you playing?

#4 tim-x

tim-x
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 959

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

was going to try spriest/dk/druid. dunno how viable that is anymore though. could also play shattreeplay, or rogue/spriest/druid.. possible shadowplay o.O

#5 Cloudlol

Cloudlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

RPD= I have no idea ive never ran it.

Unholyplay (spriest/DK)= Dot target that DK is on, and possible off dots on swap target to force spread pressure if you dont have double melle on you, mana burn healer while DK rides kill target (if you arent getting trained). If they they are stupid enough to train you just roll dots off of his gnaws on melee with a fear on them after and its over. If they train your DK fear healer wings + spikes= profit.

Shatterplay/Shattreeplay= Dots on kill target to blanket mage deeps, then when a dps is polyed with triket down blanket healer into fear/hex/sheep/clone and wings burst a target.

Shadowplay= Dot Main target and offtarget, when full fear is landed on a dps or healer and a target is at about 70% juke kick pop wings and /profit.

*edit Question*

Evangelism has to have 5 stacks for the buff to take effect before rolling dots.

i.e. if you roll dots with no stacks they will not get the 10% damage increase. Same as shadow orb consumption

Edited by Cloudlol, 18 September 2011 - 12:50 PM.

#6 Konfu

Konfu
  • Junkies

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

Umm... you have to apply new dots (vt and dp) after you get emp shadows or evangelism stacks, only swp will be updated (by refreshing it with mf).

#7 Seibatsu

Seibatsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 0/2/1/1/1/.

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 shwayzee

shwayzee
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2299
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

Make sure to pick up the Glyph of Smite. Put up only devouring plague, because SW:P kinda sucks to be honest, don't even worry about speccing into Vampiric Touch either, that DoT also kinda sucks. Now back to the Glyph of Smite here, because this is a pro tip from a pro player. Put up the holy fire, and then immediately after, don't cast smite, because like some other spells, smite kinda sucks too. After using holy fire, i'd say the best plan after that is to just straight up mind sear. I've seen the DPS charts in raids and mind sear is huge.

#9 pontaqt

pontaqt
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Demonology
  • RBG: 192

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

View Postxetia, on 17 October 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

Make sure to pick up the Glyph of Smite. Put up only devouring plague, because SW:P kinda sucks to be honest, don't even worry about speccing into Vampiric Touch either, that DoT also kinda sucks. Now back to the Glyph of Smite here, because this is a pro tip from a pro player. Put up the holy fire, and then immediately after, don't cast smite, because like some other spells, smite kinda sucks too. After using holy fire, i'd say the best plan after that is to just straight up mind sear. I've seen the DPS charts in raids and mind sear is huge.

i agree with this apart from the devouring plague, i find that the if you're specced into it, the instant damage is just, not enough, so i go with putting SW:P up, into a holy fire because it ticks for way more than vamp touch & dev plague put together considering they got nerfed by 12%. i find that mind spike is too overpowered and that if we use it then people are going to switch to you which will cause you to die because shadow priests have little survivability. also, i agree with mind sear, it gets rogues out of stealth sometimes which is really pro!!!!!!

#10 shwayzee

shwayzee
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2299
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

View Postpontaqt, on 17 October 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

also, i agree with mind sear, it gets rogues out of stealth sometimes which is really pro!!!!!!
Can we get a fact check if mind sear really does pull rogues out of stealth? if so, i'd say drop the whole rotation and just straight up mind sear

#11 pontaqt

pontaqt
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Demonology
  • RBG: 192

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

View Postxetia, on 17 October 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

Can we get a fact check if mind sear really does pull rogues out of stealth? if so, i'd say drop the whole rotation and just straight up mind sear

i see your 70-0 in 2s, im guessing u do that a lot huh?? when they disappear u just mind sear them out!!!
god, that is such a great idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<