#21 Jrmint

Jrmint
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

I thought you can only offensively devour.

You are right.

#22 kravnos

kravnos
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

Not allowed to use it at tournies :(

you can use

/script Stopwatch_Play()

but not

/script f=createframe("blabla");f:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_UNFILTERED");function eventHandler(self, event, ...) Stopwatch_Play() end;f:SetScript("OnEvent", eventHandler)

etc.. ??

#23 Azaelz

Azaelz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

you can use

/script Stopwatch_Play()

but not

/script f=createframe("blabla");f:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_UNFILTERED");function eventHandler(self, event, ...) Stopwatch_Play() end;f:SetScript("OnEvent", eventHandler)

etc.. ??

Yeah, it's only the most basic of things because people started exploiting the fact that they were able to use scripts / macros to basically create fully modded UIs without downloading a single mod. You can make spell alerter, PvP trinket CD tracking, CD tracking etc etc just w/ scripts and macros.

#24 Alkazard

Alkazard
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 2229

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:10 PM

Capslock had never crossed my mind as a bind
wtf

wear bigger wizard hats *<|¦-)

#25 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

Yeah, it's only the most basic of things because people started exploiting the fact that they were able to use scripts / macros to basically create fully modded UIs without downloading a single mod. You can make spell alerter, PvP trinket CD tracking, CD tracking etc etc just w/ scripts and macros.

Did they in any way define what "basic" means?

I guess they just don't allow any kind of automation or functionality change or adding functionality. That'd make more sense. You can still change the appearance of everything though, no?
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#26 Rith

Rith
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2312

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:49 AM

You should try using focus fel flame, started using that recently and its pretty handy. Do you use Focus CoW and Coex a lot? I hardly see the need of using Focus CoW, coex would be nice against priests tho

#27 kravnos

kravnos
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

ah, that sucks

#28 Azaelz

Azaelz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

Capslock had never crossed my mind as a bind
wtf

It's a great bind!

Did they in any way define what "basic" means?

I guess they just don't allow any kind of automation or functionality change or adding functionality. That'd make more sense. You can still change the appearance of everything though, no?

Yeah basically they don't want anything automatically doing stuff or really just editing the UI past what you can do with it by default. You're allowed to move frames around and whatnot but that's basically all you're really supposed to do afaik, anything past that always seemed like bending the rules to me.

You should try using focus fel flame, started using that recently and its pretty handy. Do you use Focus CoW and Coex a lot? I hardly see the need of using Focus CoW, coex would be nice against priests tho

I use focus coex a lot, and I use focus weakness sometimes but not that frequently tbh. Focus Fel Flame could be useful I might end up swapping out CoW for that but idk if I really need it when I can just mouse over and do it.

#29 yusehz

yusehz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2465
  • Locationchina

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:45 AM

awesome macros, helped me out a lot.
Posted Image
www.twitch.tv/yusehz
www.youtube.com/user/yusehz/

#30 joaq

joaq
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/1/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1204
  • Locationthe pits of hell

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

those wondering the hand size, eva heard of right control and right shif buttons that u can use with ur right hand or both combined? right shift with pinky- 8 with ur index etc, i got size 11 hands though..

thanks a lot for these, helped me a lot since i reactivated my warlock :)

#31 Jwt

Jwt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1378
  • 3v3: 2256
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1745
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

He most likely has normal hands. He just doesn't position his fingers over ASWD. He slides his hand to the right a few keys and can reach it all easily, atleast that's my guess. I know people that play like that.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/.

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

fancy
My stream Follow me!

#33 DonaldJim

DonaldJim
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationLong Beach, CA

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

Not only is focus fel flame useful, but focus dotting with UA, Corruption, and CoA is VERY helpful too. Focus dotting speeds up dot time on multiple targets at least two times faster than not focus dotting.

Also, another benefit to focus dotting allows a lock to save soul swap for a third target that is usually a "switch" target.

I like using CoE on pets rather than players because then I can use CoeX and CoT as utilities on players when needed, and when those curses fall off or get de-cursed, at least they will be in range of the CoE de-buff. A player who can de-curse tends to neglect pets more often than players :P

#34 Jentry

Jentry
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackwater Raiders
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for taking the time to post this, Azael. I just resubbed and between my grown-up job, a shitty race to bill 2k+ hours at a law firm and other real-life thingies, I don't have time to optimize binds. This helped a lot.

#35 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

If you don't wanna make focus modifiers for every useful spell, you could also consider a macro to simply swap your target with your focus. As long as you swap targets during a gcd you shouldn't lose any time at all. Probably not a great idea to use if you don't have target arena 1/2/3 or focus arena 1/2/3 macros, though, since it's easy to mess up and leave the wrong thing as your focus.

/target focus
/targetlasttarget
/clear focus
/focus target
/targetlasttarget

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#36 azntfl

azntfl
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hey Azael, thank you for posting your macros and keybinds. What are your non focus fear and deathcoil bound to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<