• Curse Sites
Help

Worst arena season in wow history

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Poll: Worst arena season in wow history (509 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think was the worst season?

1. s5 (109 votes [21.41%])

Percentage of vote: 21.41%

2. s8 (10 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

3. s9 (90 votes [17.68%])

Percentage of vote: 17.68%

4. s10 (300 votes [58.94%])

Percentage of vote: 58.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Riezel

Riezel
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shadowsong
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:26 AM

View PostRhoren75, on 05 September 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

s5 was by far the worst arena season of all time. Never again will 2 classes dominate like  :deathknight:   :paladin: did.

Lock/Shaman ?
"That is not a drug. It’s a leaf."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

been pwning newbs since nineteenninetynine

[19:49:52] [W From] [P]: trying to fix my net. had my ethernet cable guided over roof into my window only place u cud put it. an effing seagull was eating the wire lol. had to buy a wireless card and im laggy sometimes =/

#122 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:43 AM

View PostRiezel, on 15 September 2011 - 01:26 AM, said:

Lock/Shaman ?

Not even remotely close.  You either didn't play in s5 or your memory is horrible.

Edited by Kelarm, 15 September 2011 - 01:43 AM.

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#123 Jordinn

Jordinn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 1103

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

View PostKelarm, on 15 September 2011 - 01:43 AM, said:

Not even remotely close.  You either didn't play in s5 or your memory is horrible.
I will admit Lock/shaman/x comps are definitely imbalanced especially once spirit link was introduced. which ultimately took all the fun out of playing a shaman, but as kelarm said dk/paladin you could be brain dead and still get rank 1..lock/shaman you only have to be partially brain dead lol

#124 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:39 AM

View PostJordinn, on 15 September 2011 - 02:59 AM, said:

I will admit Lock/shaman/x comps are definitely imbalanced especially once spirit link was introduced. which ultimately took all the fun out of playing a shaman, but as kelarm said dk/paladin you could be brain dead and still get rank 1..lock/shaman you only have to be partially brain dead lol

Every season there's OP stuff.  IMO lock/shaman isn't even a bad balance problem by blizzard standards.  Not even close to as bad beast cleave (regarding pure stupidity), wizard cleave (representation and stupidity), etc.

I bring this up too much, but he's probably only saying it because he's a hunter.  I hate the game too when my hard counters are the every-other-game-stupid-overpowered classes of patch.
Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#125 Aberration

Aberration
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Shadow
  • LocationOrange County, California

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:11 AM

View PostwHitEk1DsWag, on 15 September 2011 - 01:18 AM, said:

yeah you guys definitely deserved that title more than veex  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ON TOPIC: Season 10 is completely stagnant. I realize that everything seems worse in the moment, but the problem with the current season isn't balance or cheating as it has been in previous seasons; it's just the fact that everybody only logs on because they have nothing better to do.
I've seen so many good players leave the game so far this season.

They were selling a title to prince of persia and he quit on them, so I would say he didn't even care and rls sucked then
My Spriest PvP Video Channel- http://www.youtube.c...90?feature=mhum

Instructional/Commentary Videos Coming Soon! http://www.skill-cap...tors/#/Disperse

**If you are a Priest and want Gladiator this season, PM me or add me on skype**

#126 Ellonija

Ellonija
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2608
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:24 AM

3rd season of the xpac has always been the best out of the bunch, here's hoping for that
Sound the charge into glory ride
Over the top of the vanquished pride

By moonlight we ride
Ten thousand side by side

#127 Elara

Elara
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:04 AM

S10 has my vote

#128 vollexz

vollexz
  • Vollexz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

season 5 was pretty fun. The game is just boring now after 10 seasons of arena

#129 Quizzy

Quizzy
  • Junkies

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:19 PM

View Postvollexz, on 15 September 2011 - 08:16 AM, said:

season 5 was pretty fun.
You didn't play your warrior in s5, am I right or am I right?

#130 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 384

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

S9 obviously the most unbalanced season, haven't played in s10 but it's probably just as shitty

Edited by Knaittiz, 15 September 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#131 Vael.

Vael.
  • Vael
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Dethecus
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction
  • RBG: 576

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

Yes, season 5 contained the most glaring imbalance... DKs/Pallys. But OVERALL there is much more comp/countercomping going on in s9/10. And frustratingly, s10 is no more balanced than s9 was. My vote went to s10 for the worst season. Because OVERALL this is the most imbalanced the game has been, EVER (the arena doors open and you already know which comp is strongly favored to win, even if they're far worse players than you), and the way the ladder system works right now is completely broken. Also strongly contributing to making this the worst season ever is the fact that hardly anyone is playing anymore... including me. I've moved to LoL/sc2 :)

Also, all this QQ about lock/sham... yes it's a strong combo with lots of synergy, but it has a low skill floor and a high skill cap. You only have to be an average player to succeed with something like DK or warrior. However, playing a warlock is much more challenging, and it is fittingly rewarding. The people that are beating you as lock/sham/x have to have some amount of skill, whereas in s5, those DKs and pallys that were shitting on you were some of the scrubbiest players of all time.

Edited by eidolontrance, 15 September 2011 - 04:14 PM.

View PostDuckers, on 09 February 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

I eat McDonalds every day

#132 Bulrug

Bulrug
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

lock-shaman can diaf
The hunter formerly known as Magecrusher <3

#133 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

This game doesn't have to be balanced to be fun, and it never had to. It's only the MMR system to blame with this expansions' seasons.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#134 wisdomcube

wisdomcube
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

Ya lock shaman is clearly the problem not the mages paired up with them doing 80k shatters, or the ferals that are shitting on everyone. If lock/shaman was so dominant then you could add any class with them and be viable. Hmm I wonder why you don't see hunters or warriors with lock shaman, you know because its so fucking dominant.

Priest are better healers than shaman but why would a lock play with a a class that shares the same cc dr? People are just too fucking stupid to realize this.

Edited by wisdomcube, 15 September 2011 - 05:59 PM.

View PostLawson, on 18 February 2011 - 06:52 AM, said:

where was everyone else tonight?  3 hours of No q's followed by 3 hours of getting farmed by Adept?

#135 cubas

cubas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 1151
  • LocationPrague

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

View PostRiezel, on 15 September 2011 - 01:26 AM, said:

Lock/Shaman ?

not even close to dk pally
:rogue: kidz

#136 Bulrug

Bulrug
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

View Postwisdomcube, on 15 September 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

Ya lock shaman is clearly the problem not the mages paired up with them doing 80k shatters, or the ferals that are shitting on everyone. If lock/shaman was so dominant then you could add any class with them and be viable. Hmm I wonder why you don't see hunters or warriors with lock shaman, you know because its so fucking dominant.

Maybe because hunters and warriors both suck ass? ps warriors do pair up with lock-sham, its called WLS. there was a large number of rank 1 WLS's last season in case you didnt notice. only difference now is warrior got hit by the nerf bat quite hard so it isnt quite as strong anymore...

To even say that mages or ferals even compare to lock-sham strength is beyond retarded. Go look at the ladders, go look at the tuornament realm (EU AND US) standings, go look at who qualified in regionals. Guess what....7/8 for both EU AND US were lock-sham-x....get a clue please

Priest are better healers than shaman but why would a lock play with a a class that shares the same cc dr? People are just too fucking stupid to realize this.

lol.
The hunter formerly known as Magecrusher <3

#137 sParKLezZ

sParKLezZ
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy
  • LocationBoston

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

View Postwisdomcube, on 15 September 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

Uhh.

Rogue Sap/Mage Sheep
Rogue Blind/Lock Fear
Rogue Blind/Priest Fear
DK Hungering/Mage Sheep (iirc)

Plenty of comps have teams that use overlapping CC DRs. Your point is ONLY valid when talking about MLS, which is by far the strongest comp in the game right now and doesn't bear repeating again as to why.

As for your Priests>Shamans comment.

Posted Image

View PostKubz, on 06 September 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

so i met this qt today who ive never seen before.
and ive seen everybody.
so i walked up to her.
and i was like.
who the fuck are you

#138 wisdomcube

wisdomcube
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

View Postjohnnybp, on 15 September 2011 - 06:23 PM, said:

Maybe because hunters and warriors both suck ass? ps warriors do pair up with lock-sham, its called WLS. there was a large number of rank 1 WLS's last season in case you didnt notice. only difference now is warrior got hit by the nerf bat quite hard so it isnt quite as strong anymore...

To even say that mages or ferals even compare to lock-sham strength is beyond retarded. Go look at the ladders, go look at the tuornament realm (EU AND US) standings, go look at who qualified in regionals. Guess what....7/8 for both EU AND US were lock-sham-x....get a clue please

lol.

Holy shit you're fucking stupid, the ladders on live are topped with people who played the first week and still had high ratings before people started using ferals for every fucking team. Theres no way to get high as RLS atm with all the MLS and shadowplays queueing. And the regionals...how stupid are you that was last patch except what the last week? And the people in the top 8 obviously werent going to change comps from something they've been playing for awhile. To say that FMP isnt a top comp is just retarded. And the whole lock shaman thing if its so good as people think then they could carry shitty classes to the top, guess what they can't, and I also ran WLS last season but my warrior quit before this season started.

where was everyone else tonight?  3 hours of No q's followed by 3 hours of getting farmed by Adept?

#139 wisdomcube

wisdomcube
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

Also fine if you nerf lock shaman then you have to have sheep and hex not share a DR. Hmm I wonder why mage/shaman isn't dominating oh wait its because sheep and hex share fucking dr you fucking idiot. If shamans were the best healers then why doesn't feral mage shaman pop up everywhere? Oh ya its because priest are better.

Bulrug you've always been a joke just keep not talking like you've been good at for the last few seasons.

Edited by wisdomcube, 15 September 2011 - 08:45 PM.

#140 wisdomcube

wisdomcube
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

View PostwHitEk1DsWag, on 15 September 2011 - 08:40 PM, said:

Uhh.

Rogue Sap/Mage Sheep
Rogue Blind/Lock Fear
Rogue Blind/Priest Fear
DK Hungering/Mage Sheep (iirc)

Plenty of comps have teams that use overlapping CC DRs. Your point is ONLY valid when talking about MLS, which is by far the strongest comp in the game right now and doesn't bear repeating again as to why.

As for your Priests>Shamans comment.

RMP sucks and RLS sucks, just not enough fire power compared to other comps. The only one of those that even works is DK/Mage/Pally and I don't think that team would even bother to use HC.

Edited by wisdomcube, 15 September 2011 - 08:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<