Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Please quit


  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Worgenfreeman

Worgenfreeman
  • Members
  • Posts: 89

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Hello

Despite that post is about WoW, i find it fitting the off-topic perfectly. I havent beeng playing WoW for like half of year, and i wanna share my thoughts about it.

Why i've played
I've found it effortless to just log in and play, i used to play for 10 hours a day sometimes, then dropped to 4,2,1 as i left the game completely. I've asked myself why did i spend so much time in game. First of all it was friends i've met, but if you think about it, you don't need game to talk to them, and if you do, they are not worth it. Second thing was feeling of self-development, getting good at something with quite easy to access rewards and prooves of acomplishment (in WoW glad that is), and sort of idea of improving in game as improvent in real life (like iq,reaction).

Why i was wrong
I didn't realise that WoW achievments (not in game ,,achievments'' but you can refer to that as well if you'd like) are purely simply dull. They give you literally nothing (ye you can go to blizzcon and win some cash but time cost is too high imo). If i'd want to improve at any aspect of life by playing this game, there is alternative for every of it. I didn't realise how slowly i've tear appart my real passions in life (music, sport). I won't say there are not good things about WoW, because they are - but the time it takes, just isn't worth it.

Quit it
It's been like half year since i've quit, and i'm happy. I'm working towards better me, trying twice as much to regain the time i've lost. The only WoW contact for me is off-topic forum here, since i find some interesting stuff here from time to time. World of Warcraft is a time killer, life ruiner. This isn't what's gaming is made for, it's made to bring you fun from time to time, like watching TV or having a beer in pub. Maybe even more frequently, but not as much as this MMO mechanics force you to do. It's just not worth it, completely. There are so much better things in life, but for some reason people are stuck there, when you could be something better. As i am working towards better me.

I've written this because i felt like having this experience could help someone realise, how big mistake is getting into WoW.

#2 ThatBronxNigga

ThatBronxNigga
  • Lemarcus
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 506
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

Posted Image

#3 Djekaylol

Djekaylol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 86
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 959
  • LocationSWEDEN

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:10 PM

BUT I CANT GET OUT
"We lost because we didnt win" - Ronaldo(The real one)

#4 Mity

Mity
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 989
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • LocationOKC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

worgenfreeman
@shitixmikesays

#5 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 5348
  • Talents:

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:12 PM

FUCKING BEAT ME TO IT I WANTED TO POST HIS NAME :mad: :mad:

#6 revengzjeah

revengzjeah
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 892
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:12 PM

It's like you read my thoughts.

#7 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members
  • Posts: 6935

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

I've posted this before pretty sure but whatever it's a good read and relevant -

http://www.cracked.c...u-addicted.html

#8 Phase92

Phase92
  • Members
  • Posts: 567

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

View PostBuglamp, on 01 September 2011 - 11:18 PM, said:

I've posted this before pretty sure but whatever it's a good read and relevant -

http://www.cracked.c...u-addicted.html
I enjoyed that, especially the part about decreasing the frequency of rewards as you play more.

#9 Kronius

Kronius
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 89
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

ive stoped for like 1month now. but still i find myself in front of the pc doing random stuff :S somethings wrong

#10 Worgenfreeman

Worgenfreeman
  • Members
  • Posts: 89

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:04 AM

View PostBuglamp, on 01 September 2011 - 11:18 PM, said:

I've posted this before pretty sure but whatever it's a good read and relevant -

http://www.cracked.c...u-addicted.html

Sorry i don't follow forums that frequently. Anyways that's really great read, kinda adds and sums what i had to say,but couldn't express it.

One thing i didn't add, to anyone having this problem. Ask yourself, what would you do in your life, if you had second one, what passion would you get into. If you got one, and you're not doing it yet, it's better sooner than later.

#11 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 11147
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

These sort of threads just make me feel bad for people who post them.

#12 dehfblaynd

dehfblaynd
  • Members
  • Posts: 89

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

View PostDuckers, on 02 September 2011 - 12:18 AM, said:

These sort of threads just make me feel bad for people who post them.

i feel bad for people like you so deeply rooted in the game that you take someone's heartfelt advice as an insult to your addiction

#13 Csna

Csna
  • Selenagomez
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 6291
  • Talents: Shadow
  • LocationPreston

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:24 AM

man your name is so good

Posted Image


#14 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Posts: 11197
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:25 AM

i don't think duckers has played wow for years
Posted Image

#15 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 11147
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:25 AM

View Postdehfblaynd, on 02 September 2011 - 12:23 AM, said:

i feel bad for people like you so deeply rooted in the game that you take someone's heartfelt advice as an insult to your addiction
I haven't played the game for ~3 years, and when I did, it was purely because it was fun and I quit as soon as it stopped being so.

#16 enemyy

enemyy
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 231
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:48 AM

View PostWorgenfreeman, on 01 September 2011 - 11:08 PM, said:

Hello

Despite that post is about WoW, i find it fitting the off-topic perfectly. I havent beeng playing WoW for like half of year, and i wanna share my thoughts about it.

Why i've played
I've found it effortless to just log in and play, i used to play for 10 hours a day sometimes, then dropped to 4,2,1 as i left the game completely. I've asked myself why did i spend so much time in game. First of all it was friends i've met, but if you think about it, you don't need game to talk to them, and if you do, they are not worth it. Second thing was feeling of self-development, getting good at something with quite easy to access rewards and prooves of acomplishment (in WoW glad that is), and sort of idea of improving in game as improvent in real life (like iq,reaction).

Why i was wrong
I didn't realise that WoW achievments (not in game ,,achievments'' but you can refer to that as well if you'd like) are purely simply dull. They give you literally nothing (ye you can go to blizzcon and win some cash but time cost is too high imo). If i'd want to improve at any aspect of life by playing this game, there is alternative for every of it. I didn't realise how slowly i've tear appart my real passions in life (music, sport). I won't say there are not good things about WoW, because they are - but the time it takes, just isn't worth it.

Quit it
It's been like half year since i've quit, and i'm happy. I'm working towards better me, trying twice as much to regain the time i've lost. The only WoW contact for me is off-topic forum here, since i find some interesting stuff here from time to time. World of Warcraft is a time killer, life ruiner. This isn't what's gaming is made for, it's made to bring you fun from time to time, like watching TV or having a beer in pub. Maybe even more frequently, but not as much as this MMO mechanics force you to do. It's just not worth it, completely. There are so much better things in life, but for some reason people are stuck there, when you could be something better. As i am working towards better me.

I've written this because i felt like having this experience could help someone realise, how big mistake is getting into WoW.

Shocking theories you got there m8, thanks for saving our lives with your breaking news.

#17 Intimidate

Intimidate
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 50
  • Talents: Discipline
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

Worgenfreeman, original post made by someone with an original name raising original and interesting points!

#18 dehfblaynd

dehfblaynd
  • Members
  • Posts: 89

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:00 AM

yet you have almost 10k posts...

it doesnt make sense especially considering YOU feel bad for the people who make threads about this, lol

#19 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 11147
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:05 AM

View Postdehfblaynd, on 02 September 2011 - 01:00 AM, said:

yet you have almost 10k posts...

it doesnt make sense especially considering YOU feel bad for the people who make threads about this, lol
I said I feel bad for people who start playing a game for fun, then turn it into something else, and then quit and try tell people it's some terrible monster that eats souls and they should quit. If they managed to somehow fall into some trap, it's not the game's fault, blaming the game is dumb.

My posts have nothing to do with me, or anyone else and WoW. Sitting on some forum while at work, or while doing other things on a computer over the course of years and building up a tally has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

#20 Intimidate

Intimidate
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 50
  • Talents: Discipline
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:12 AM

10 posts a day which isnt hard at all by any means is 3650 posts a year. Not hard at all to get post count up bro




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<