#1 Sizzsgirl

Sizzsgirl
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Draka
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:56 PM

Hey all and Gratz to your ratings and title's.

My question is...

I recently joined back up with an old pvp partner to do 2v2 and left my current one.
Iam affliction w/ UA and he's BM hunter with decent gear on both of us (my res is just over 100 cause this is my reroll and iam working on that) , questions being is that going to get us ever to 2k? Is it a must to have a healer with our setup? How far will we make it or do you think before hitting a wall? And do you see any combo's like that over per say 1900/2000? Any advised would be great and thanks for your time.
Ex-Priest/Healers as of March 2007
Peace is Sought through War!

#2 Meets

Meets
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:05 PM

It'd be difficult but I assume possible the problem with that combo is you dont really have the dmg reduction and or CC to keep one person on lockdown 100% of the time and dps the other down in time to survive against much..

#3 Agnos

Agnos
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:39 PM

I'm not sure I've ever seen a warlock/hunter at that rating, but I assume it's possible. Try playing soul link, especially with 100 resilience, a team with two dps is going to have to soak up some damage. I think the problem you may run into is a team with a healer is going to be able to basically spam heals in the back (keep CoT up obviously but then you may run into a priest or druid), and you're not going to have enough burst if your target is deadzoning the hunter. Assume Paladin/Warrior, you're not going to be able to keep him from being on that hunter, even with BM, as he's not practical for you to to be fearing + BoF has at least a half decent chance of resisting your only dispel. If your hunter is kiting, even through a frost trap and with BM up, he's not going to be able to do enough burst, and (let's assume you're SL, if you were UA that warrior would probably just walk up and three-shot you) you're not going to be able to do consistent damage to survive a bubble, nor kill anything during a spell lock.

That said, I don't think you need to necessarily play with a healer. The hunter may need to find a shaman or paladin, or something, but you could probably play with a frost mage, perhaps even a rogue, or a shadowpriest and do well, easily have a shot at 2000 rating, not to mention any possibilities you might have with playing healer/warlock.

#4 Toroko

Toroko
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:26 PM

Even with good gear, Warlock / Bm Hunter seems like it would really have trouble against teams with a good healer. There's simply not enough burst damage to overcome the HoTs / earthshield / BoP. Also, going soullink with only 100 res would be a lot better option. I used to play UA back when I only had 200 resilience and melee classes would rip me apart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<