• Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 192

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:47 PM

View PostSecondary, on 31 August 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

What else kind of healing would it be like? DPS offheals shouldnt be anywhere near like their healing mainspec.

All hybrid dps off healing should be where ele off healing is. Only issue is the amount of mana is consumes. ;/ About 8500 non crits and 16.5 - 17.5k crits.
If elemental shamans had infinite mana people would be complaining about how good ele heals are as well, despite being 20-30% weaker then flash heal not to mention shields/PoM. There should be some mana restrictions on healing, not as bad as elemental currently but not as good as spriest is currently. Moonkins(and obviously resto druids) need a healing buff though the heals literally do nothing lol.

Edited by Mageic, 31 August 2011 - 11:49 PM.

#202 Loveformoney

Loveformoney
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:17 AM

View Postacushi, on 31 August 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

No.

Mass dispel shouldnt be available to shadow priests.  A defensive dispel on your team mates no matter what the mana cost is still quite game breaking against classes that have magical CC with cool downs attached to them.

Or simply make it work with your spec. If speced disc/holy, MD can dispel defensively. If spec shadow MD can only dispel offensively.

(fuck me i can't spell tonight)
Member of AJ Gentleman's Club- A fine gentleman!

#203 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:25 AM

View PostSecondary, on 31 August 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

What else kind of healing would it be like? DPS offheals shouldnt be anywhere near like their healing mainspec.

All hybrid dps off healing should be where ele off healing is. Only issue is the amount of mana is consumes. ;/ About 8500 non crits and 16.5 - 17.5k crits.

You misunerstood me, I was simply stating the disparity between the hybrid casters. Shadow Priest healing is far and away the best, elemental's is moderate, and Moonkin healing is a joke.

View PostMageic, on 31 August 2011 - 11:47 PM, said:

If elemental shamans had infinite mana people would be complaining about how good ele heals are as well, despite being 20-30% weaker then flash heal not to mention shields/PoM. There should be some mana restrictions on healing, not as bad as elemental currently but not as good as spriest is currently. Moonkins(and obviously resto druids) need a healing buff though the heals literally do nothing lol.

Moonkin offhealing has never been good, and probably never will be. The reason for this is closely tied to what Talbadar was pointing out earlier in the thread.

The Restoration druid talent tree majorly boosts the output of druid heals from their baseline form. When druid healing is buffed, it will almost assuredly be in the form of Restoration talents/mastery which will be unavailable to Balance druids.

The reverse is true for Shadow Priests. Like Talbadar said, since the Disc tree doesn't really enhance the potency of stuff like Pom, PWS, and flash heal, Shadow isn't penalized for not speccing into that tree, which creates the current situation of Shadow heals being a bit over the top. It's true that Elemental offhealing is probably the most balanced right now. The heals can be potent but hold a high risk in terms of mana.

In summary:

Moonkin offhealing - High mana consequence, low throughput
Elemental offhealing - High mana consequence, good throughput
Shadow Priest - Low mana consequence, really good throughput

derp

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#204 cubas

cubas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationPrague

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:37 PM

View PostLoveformoney, on 01 September 2011 - 02:17 AM, said:

Or simply make it work with your spec. If speced disc/holy, MD can dispel defensively. If spec shadow MD can only dispel offensively.

(fuck me i can't spell tonight)

Yep this is a good idea.
:rogue: Kul Tiras-EU / Outland-EU

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:06 AM

Moonkin offhealing never been good? Dreamstate anyone?
Posted Image

#206 Tamz

Tamz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-The Forgotten Coast
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1403
  • 3v3: 1904

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

View PostCharred, on 02 September 2011 - 08:06 AM, said:

Moonkin offhealing never been good? Dreamstate anyone?
pretty sure you could run around as feral and heal better then a boomkin heals now health % wise back then  B)
Posted Image
Best analogy for the 5v5 bracket^^

#207 Cozenerlol

Cozenerlol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2226
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

View PostMageic, on 31 August 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

I'm not calling for nerfs because my class is weak, I'm calling for them because yours is too strong. Fact is shadow priests have far too much utility and to fix that you can have option A which is to nerf spells / remove utility (such as removing MD which is what recognize seems to want) or option B which is give it a higher mana cost so you can't use it as freely as you would like. The change I'm suggesting isn't even so game breaking it ONLY means you can't shift in and out of shadowform as OFTEN it doesn't mean you will oom and stay oom for the remainder of the game. I'm also not disputing why you used MD, I'm saying you shouldn't be able to do that. There's a reason disc priests don't start games with 4 MD's and shaman don't start with purge spam and its mana, mana is in the game as a way to regulate how much / often you can use certain spells and I don't see why it shouldn't be used in this situation as well. Spriest's mana management is currently not what spells you use but how well you can use your cooldowns on cooldown. The bottom line is there needs to be more of a tradeoff for starting to cast heals rather then just nerfing the heals.

I have plenty and it feels like I'm playing jesus.

In no way am I asking for spriest's to be nerfed to the level of elemental shamans like I stated before lol. The change I'm suggesting will only lower the amount of times they are willing to start healing and hopefully only in critical times not the moment they feel like they are falling behind. If I said remove SW: D mana entirely because I want them to run out of mana after healing and stay oom I would be nerfing them to the level of elemental mana.
If your changes went live spriests would be in a bad place.
Posted Image

#208 Cooldown

Cooldown
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

novoz you should leave posts like this to wisdomcube you dont troll nearly as well
._.

#209 Watlok

Watlok
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

Novoz posts are reasonable and comparing him to wisdomcube is unfair.  It would just take spriests in a different direction than talbadar's suggestions.

I personally like Talbadar's suggestions more because I like that spriests can do what they do.

Edited by Watlok, 02 September 2011 - 06:46 PM.

#210 Cooldown

Cooldown
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

novoz' posts are him just straight up whining that he cant offheal indefinitely then randomly global people like he did all through s7-s8, and projecting that level of overpowered-ness on spriests (which dont have shit on heroic dfo/phylac ele shamans)

wisdomcubes troll posts are at least funny, novoz is just the same pathetic crybaby hes always been. where were you crusading for game balancing ele nerfs last expansion novoz?
._.

#211 Secondary

Secondary
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Assassination
  • LocationCali805

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

View PostCooldown, on 02 September 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

novoz' posts are him just straight up whining that he cant offheal indefinitely then randomly global people like he did all through s7-s8, and projecting that level of overpowered-ness on spriests (which dont have shit on heroic dfo/phylac ele shamans)

wisdomcubes troll posts are at least funny, novoz is just the same pathetic crybaby hes always been. where were you crusading for game balancing ele nerfs last expansion novoz?

Have you played against an ele shaman lately?

#212 Fearful

Fearful
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 1984

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

You clearly haven't fought a good shadow priest or you wouldn't be acting this way.

Anyone who's saying Nuvoz's fix wouldn't work probably doesn't understand what needs fixing in the first place. Nuvoz's idea would work fine and is actually WAY better from a PvP standpoint because it lets shadow priests keep all their tools that make them special. However, it's a lot more work for the devs because of the constant mana changes that would be required, which is why Talbadar's suggestions+no defensive mass dispel would be a better solution.

#213 Mageic

Mageic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:50 AM

... not sure if srs.

My only suggestion was to increase the mana cost on shadowform. This change would not affect 99 % of shadowpriests in the first place. This would only affect the priests who come out of shadowform to heal at the first sign of danger, which is extremely effective leaves tons of room for error and allows your team to have very few random losses.

Don't be angry I actually understand the meta game and you're just some retard from the WoW forums that somehow got AJ access. I suppose you also think DKs are bad, lmfao.

Edited by Mageic, 03 September 2011 - 03:54 AM.

#214 ROKMODE

ROKMODE

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:09 AM

This thread needs more hippos.

Posted Image
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#215 Mavrei

Mavrei
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:33 AM

View PostMageic, on 03 September 2011 - 03:50 AM, said:

Don't be angry I actually understand the meta game and you're just some retard from the WoW forums that somehow got AJ access. I suppose you also think DKs are bad, lmfao.

don't talk to my boy cooldown like that

#216 Cooldown

Cooldown
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:47 AM

View PostMageic, on 03 September 2011 - 03:50 AM, said:

lmao

if you even looked at my profile youd see its been inactive for months. if by "understanding the meta game" you mean "got shit on by talbadar 3-0" then yeah, youre a meta game genius

keep crying for class nerfs because you lost to 1 person
._.

#217 wrathebe

wrathebe
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/1/.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

View PostCooldown, on 03 September 2011 - 05:47 AM, said:

if you even looked at my profile youd see its been inactive for months.

then why are you here, commenting on the current state of the game? you know, if you've been inactive for months.

#218 Mavrei

Mavrei
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

View Postwrathebe, on 03 September 2011 - 11:50 AM, said:

commenting on the current state of the game

is that what he was talking about? i must have missed that part

#219 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

View PostCooldown, on 03 September 2011 - 05:47 AM, said:

lmao

if you even looked at my profile youd see its been inactive for months. if by "understanding the meta game" you mean "got shit on by talbadar 3-0" then yeah, youre a meta game genius

keep crying for class nerfs because you lost to 1 person

if you watched any of those matches, novoz had no chance with how shitty of a state mana is for elemental

i mean every match you watch novoz play it's basically an uphill battle because if he doesn't get a kill quickly, he's tapped

but keep on trolling

#220 Raikufail

Raikufail
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/.

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

Idc about class changes atm. The only thing that needs to be fixed is resetting ladders and make the ques faster. Ater that blizzard should be thinking about class changes, but as it is atm it's completly retarded to even play. Sitting in 5-12 min ques and impossible to even reach r1 right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<