#1 heyimqq

heyimqq
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

Druids dont really have much to complain about so to get into the arena junkies spirit, thought I would throw this little issue into the mix.

*Please read spoiler below*
Spoiler

With that being said, lets take a look at the ability in question

Force of Nature
Instant Cast---3 Minute Cooldown
Summons 3 treants to attack enemy targets for 30 seconds.

Sounds pretty goddamn amazing if you ask me. 3 trees just attacking targets left and right for 30 seconds. what could be better? The answer to that question quite simple fair AJ reader. That answer is **anything**

Now why do I come to that conclusion? Very simple, every pet in the game has something unique that brands it useful in some form or another. Every pet benefits the caster in some way, shape, or form. Whether it comes from a defensive or offensive standpoint, every single pet has something to help extend the caster or master's capabilities, except of course, treants.

Whats that? You want something to back up these claims? You're saying to yourself "they daze though, idiot," With which I would have to counter, "They did, you're right. However when they created 31 point talent trees, brambles (the talent formally causing a daze effect via barksking/treants) was removed." But in all honesty, is an inconsistent daze really something that makes a pet useful? I think not.

Before I got off track, let me just post this
Spoiler

Notice the pet bar, not a single different spell. Pure auto attacking machines. and yes those are 1200 damage hits, 3 at a time too. so +-3k every 2 seconds (I dont know the swing timer, who does?)

So that leaves us with a 3 minute cooldown, that doesnt benefit the caster IN ANY WAY, and also is the easiest CCd and lowest damage producing pet of any class/spec in the game. I dare you to find one more useless. Noncombat pets are more aesthetically pleasing and useful then treants.

**compilation off the top of my head of other class pets that are more useful**
:deathknight: pet leaps to targets, stuns targets, explodes(?), depending on spec can be transformed to produce higher damage/new abilities, sacrificed to heal summoner. Cooldown is also equal to or lower then 3 minutes, instant cast.
:warlock: 15% damage taken transferred to pet, spell lock, random 7-20k crits, offensive dispel. 8 second cast, 3(?) times prior to the 8 seconds can be instantly summoned.
:hunter: multitude of pets depending on spec can produce high damage or low damage for utilities such as nets and stuns. can also freedom user.
:mage: aoe root that gives summoner fingers of frost proc upon use of said aoe root and consistent 3k damage from ranged waterbolts. instantly summoned with cooldown equal to or lower than 3 minutes.
:shaman: heal summoner, increase summoner run speed, leap to target, stun target. instantly summoned, cooldown equal to or less then 3 minutes.
:paladin: untargetable spirit monster that has unique abilities depending on spec, i know the least about this pet so i will not say much about how useful it is or its cooldown.
:priest: teleports to target, returns mana upon hitting target, hits for a decent amount (+-5k? cant remember). longer cooldown then 3 minutes? not quite sure cant remember.
:druid:  :confused:

I dont know what they could do to make this garbage spell any better, but in comparison to EVERY other pet producing class, they are by far 1) the most useless in both ability and command-ability and 2) the least effective pet at producing damage for the 3 minute cooldown they are on. Even if every class that produces a pet has the SAME EXACT COOLDOWN, treants would STILL come in last for utility and overall usefulness.

I dont know what they could do to make this ability better. I do not want to see the damage on these increased. I for one am strongly against auto attacking mechanics because they are both boring and skilless. Why should a player be benefited to leave said pet on a target and crit a target for 11k without even knowing where the pet is? It would be cool to see them get something, anything really, like maybe when they die instead of just disappearing when they die they could start a small fire that puts a dot on someone for 10 seconds that ticks for 3k a second. I dont know, it would be nice if someone thought of something like that and posted it here to get the ball rolling so to speak.

Thanks for reading, sorry for grammatical and spelling errors it is 3 A.M. for me.

Posted Image

rip

#2 Shouri

Shouri
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:09 AM

ok....

#3 heyimqq

heyimqq
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:11 AM

+repd

Posted Image

rip

#4 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:43 AM

how about you mention some of the other useless spells that a druid has?

thorns
mushrooms(LOL 1 GCD 3.5K DAMAGE SMALL DESECRATION LOLOLOL)

o and i'm amazed you didn't complain about typhoon being broken since it was put into this game

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#5 Kushhx

Kushhx
  • Stayfresh
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental
  • LocationWEST LONDON

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

resto shaman should get spirit wolves

#6 Superkåre

Superkåre
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

what about us warriors? we don't even get pets :(

#7 Nemonic

Nemonic
  • Nextgen
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 2309

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:55 AM

i like it how this vicious glad has 0 idea about other classes.... look at those pet explanations.

#8 kenney1111

kenney1111
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Wildhammer
  • Shadowburn

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:55 AM

fix typhoon first, and mushrooms are fine i can burst like 70k with them solared
use trees to eat traps at the very least =/

Edited by kenney1111, 26 August 2011 - 07:56 AM.

#9 cameronlol

cameronlol
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

The shaman elementals are worse.
Posted Image

#10 Epothos

Epothos
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

I really don't give a shit about treants because no change to that ability will help moonkins stop being the pile of shit that they are now. However, I will say that I am 99% sure the treant swing timer is 1.7 seconds since you are clearly ill-informed.

#11 Beltbuckle

Beltbuckle
  • LocationSWE

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:36 AM

Ohh no, treants arnt good enougt... How about all the other sh"tload of utility booms have, ohh no im going down! Jk bear form with regen... And how about the retarded dmg you got? Anyway fix typhoon and your fine.. The reason why you dont see any booms is simple; why boom when feral?

#12 Maticzor

Maticzor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Skullcrusher
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

View PostBeltbuckle, on 26 August 2011 - 08:36 AM, said:

why boom when feral?
^

take instant cyclone from ferals and give it to boomkins tehehehe

#13 Beltbuckle

Beltbuckle
  • LocationSWE

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

View PostMaticzor, on 26 August 2011 - 08:44 AM, said:

^

take instant cyclone from ferals and give it to boomkins tehehehe
Nah, fix typhoon and they are fine. Nerf ferals and druids will be balanced overall, mayby a slight buff for resto

#14 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:05 AM

View PostBeltbuckle, on 26 August 2011 - 09:01 AM, said:

Nah, fix typhoon and they are fine. Nerf ferals and druids will be balanced overall, mayby a slight buff for resto
wait do u even play wow?

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#15 Epothos

Epothos
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:05 AM

View PostBeltbuckle, on 26 August 2011 - 08:36 AM, said:

Ohh no, treants arnt good enougt... How about all the other sh"tload of utility booms have, ohh no im going down! Jk bear form with regen... And how about the retarded dmg you got? Anyway fix typhoon and your fine.. The reason why you dont see any booms is simple; why boom when feral?

It is unclear to me if you actually believe the utter bullshit that you have written there.

Have I been trolled?

#16 Epothos

Epothos
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? WHEN DID TYPHOON STOP WORKING?

#17 Thedream

Thedream
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

View PostEpothos, on 26 August 2011 - 09:06 AM, said:

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE? WHEN DID TYPHOON STOP WORKING?

since they added it to the game

Posted Image

live.laugh.love

i am the law

#18 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:28 PM

View PostNemonic, on 26 August 2011 - 07:55 AM, said:

i like it how this vicious glad has 0 idea about other classes.... look at those pet explanations.

5v5

Anyway, the OP is right that Treants are a pile of shit. On the one hand, I'd like them to be better, but on the other I'm really tired of every class having a pet now. There are just so many things wrong with this spec right now. In 10 seasons of arena, Moonkins have had maybe 1 month of T1 viability (S9) and that simply do to broken mechanics (10 second Solar Beam lock, huge starsurges, infinite eclipse). I've come to the conclusion that, as a DPS spec, you need to be more than balanced to be T1 viable -- you need to be overpowered.

Either scrap Treants altogether or use them to patch some holes in the spec. Making Entangling roots instant with Treants up could help, I don't know. At this point, I barely care. We'll see what 4.3 brings.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#19 Beltbuckle

Beltbuckle
  • LocationSWE

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

View PostThedream, on 26 August 2011 - 09:24 AM, said:

since they added it to the game

^

And yes i do play wow, and i stand with what i stated before, its not druids that needs a buff, its in general other classes that needs some nerfs in my opinion

#20 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

View PostBeltbuckle, on 26 August 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

^

And yes i do play wow, and i stand with what i stated before, its not druids that needs a buff, its in general other classes that needs some nerfs in my opinion

That's probably true, but some mechanics are just broken. For instance, the fact that our dots can be easily dispelled (and in one GCD by a priest) limits our available comps to basically one (LSD2, and even that's a stretch right now). I'd really like to see Earth and Moon (debuff put up by Wrath, Starfire, and Wild Mushrooms) to offer dispel protection as it would both encourage casting and creative mushroom use, as well as raising the skill cap of the spec considerably. Travel form not offering any extra mobility whatsoever is also a huge mechanical problem. What's more, neither of these changes affect PVP in any way -- they would be quick and easy fixes.

Regarding other classes receiving nerfs, I think that's also needed. When you have a spec such as Balance that is forced into facetanking 99% of the time with no panic button cooldown, and then there are classes like Rogues and DKs that have so many interrupts and lockdown abilities -- of course Balance isn't going to be viable on a wide scale.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<