• US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Enhancement
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

THIS IS THEORYCRAFTING BEFORE ANYONE GeTS TOO EXCITED

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Within the wargame tab, another selection should be able to be made:-

The tournament tab! Invite up to 8 teams of 3's partners. The invite works sort of like a guild signing, where you sign your team up and you guys are placed within the tournament. The tournament can be started by anyone, and the tournament tab will assign the games as soon 8 teams have been invited. Games commence, with a best of 5 for each bracket, exactly like the battle.net tournaments.

possible achievements from this tournament
-win 3 tournaments in a row
-win a tournament
-3-0 an opponent

This could be altered to put up wagers, for instance a 200g entrance fee which goes into a electronic "book keeper" who dishes out the rewards in the end.

Thoughts pls! I would actually love to do a tournament with my mates and guildies

Edited by simonfra1234, 23 August 2011 - 09:37 PM.

#2 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

View Postsimonfra1234, on 23 August 2011 - 09:36 PM, said:

THIS IS THEORYCRAFTING BEFORE ANYONE GeTS TOO EXCITED

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Within the wargame tab, another selection should be able to be made:-

The tournament tab! Invite up to 8 teams of 3's partners. The invite works sort of like a guild signing, where you sign your team up and you guys are placed within the tournament. The tournament can be started by anyone, and the tournament tab will assign the games as soon 8 teams have been invited. Games commence, with a best of 5 for each bracket, exactly like the battle.net tournaments.

possible achievements from this tournament
-win 3 tournaments in a row
-win a tournament
-3-0 an opponent

This could be altered to put up wagers, for instance a 200g entrance fee which goes into a electronic "book keeper" who dishes out the rewards in the end.

Thoughts pls! I would actually love to do a tournament with my mates and guildies
While it would be really cool to have blizzard implement something like this, you could just as easily do a tournament on your own. Obviously it wouldn't feel as 'official' as it would if there was a cool raid browser type ui showing the brackets and stuff, but you can still do tournaments relatively easily without a blizz sponsored system.

Friends and I used to run tournaments out in the various 'real world' arenas, especially nagrand. Was lots of fun, especially when it broke down to everyone fighting everyone.

#3 simonfra1234

simonfra1234
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Enhancement
  • RBG: 1986

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

View PostTarukimo, on 23 August 2011 - 09:45 PM, said:

While it would be really cool to have blizzard implement something like this, you could just as easily do a tournament on your own. Obviously it wouldn't feel as 'official' as it would if there was a cool raid browser type ui showing the brackets and stuff, but you can still do tournaments relatively easily without a blizz sponsored system.

Friends and I used to run tournaments out in the various 'real world' arenas, especially nagrand. Was lots of fun, especially when it broke down to everyone fighting everyone.

haha yea for me its all about making it official. I would love to be able to open up a score board, much like in BGs but instead see the seeding of the teams and the current scores they are at! I agree this can be done without this kind of thing but why is this not happening more frequently? because it takes too much time and effort to organize it, this would solve that problem

/pray blizz reads this and makes it

#4 mnny

mnny
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2219
  • LocationPannonia

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

blizzard won't do that cuz it makes sense