Photo

Hardest class to play in pvp?

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

Poll: Hardest class to play? (402 member(s) have cast votes)

What class do you think is the hardest to play in WoW PvP?

1. Voted Rogue (65 votes [16.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.17%

2. Warrior (28 votes [6.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.97%

3. Voted Death Knight (24 votes [5.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.97%

4. Mage (26 votes [6.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.47%

5. Warlock (48 votes [11.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.94%

6. Druid (34 votes [8.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.46%

7. Shaman (19 votes [4.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.73%

8. Hunter (96 votes [23.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.88%

9. Priest (48 votes [11.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.94%

10. Paladin (14 votes [3.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Dunc

Dunc
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/0/2/1/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

Warriors are not an easy class to kill at all.

Warriors are the hardest class to play vs good teams, because the class has the worst mechanics in the game which can be easily exploited by good teams.

Na.

I understand you feel the need to cry about warriors in every thread on arenajunkies but they are not the hardest class, at all.

that's all we'll have when the world is through

#62 yysnake

yysnake
  • Ysnaake
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkspear
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 768

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Na.

I understand you feel the need to cry about warriors in every thread on arenajunkies but they are not the hardest class, at all.

Indeed, they are not the hardest class.

But they are certainly the most frustrating class to play.

#63 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2477
  • 3v3: 3080
  • RBG: 2541
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

no reason to qq about the state of his own class. I play Resto Druid and Disc Priest and I don't qq about my classes, only about enemies comp.

To the topic rogue doesn't need any skill at all to get high. well, I can still feel a big difference when I play against a 2.4k exp RLS Rogue and Mirlol when I play vs. them in 2s. Of course spamming backstab or ambush is not hard, but the small moves which very good rogues do makes the difference. Just take a look at Reckful, he made Rogues look godlike in his movies and I didn't see him just tunnel a target til it died.

#64 kersme

kersme
  • Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

Rogue imo, with hunter close behind.

#65 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Nothing is hard to play, you just need to have your keys bound... Not even trolling

#66 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

why only s9 glad when warriors were OP then? ;)

Posted Image

#67 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

why only s9 glad when warriors were OP then? ;)

Nice point you got me, but in fairness I only started to play with higher rated/better players at this time in playing Arena. I haven't competed since s9 because Warriors' are not in a good state go figure :)

#68 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

you can say that for literally every class that has ever been op.
the difference between the good ones and bad ones are there, but on the rankings it doesnt matter.

The difference is that not all overpowered classes have as high of a skill cap as rogues.

#69 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

The difference is that not all overpowered classes have as high of a skill cap as rogues.

its almost impossible to define a skillcap. And with the game in the state it is id say most of it comes from positioning and awarenes, something you can have as all classes.
The fact that nobody, that means NOBODY, can ever reach the actual skillcap of a class makes the skillcap rather irrelevent unless of course the skillcap on one class was lower then the skill floor of another class or something equivelent. All rogues seem to think they are all mighty and nothing takes as much skill as what they do, and since very many highrated players play rogue nobody has ever bothered to object that much. Rogues take skill, and there is a great deal you can do to improve your gameplay as a rogue, the difference between a noob and a pro is big, but at the end of the day its the same for all classes.

Posted Image

#70 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

Nice point you got me, but in fairness I only started to play with higher rated/better players at this time in playing Arena. I haven't competed since s9 because Warriors' are not in a good state go figure :)

ye i know how you feel ;) playing rdruid myself and it gets kinda frustrating from time to time.

Posted Image

#71 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

its almost impossible to define a skillcap. And with the game in the state it is id say most of it comes from positioning and awarenes, something you can have as all classes.
The fact that nobody, that means NOBODY, can ever reach the actual skillcap of a class makes the skillcap rather irrelevent unless of course the skillcap on one class was lower then the skill floor of another class or something equivelent. All rogues seem to think they are all mighty and nothing takes as much skill as what they do, and since very many highrated players play rogue nobody has ever bothered to object that much. Rogues take skill, and there is a great deal you can do to improve your gameplay as a rogue, the difference between a noob and a pro is big, but at the end of the day its the same for all classes.

The word skillcap is a misnomer. It is essentially how well a class SCALES with skill, not an actual cap to how much skill is allowed to be used. There is no "cap" in existence, because someone can always be better.

As I said, some classes scale differently. For example, if you had a class that did it's most effective damage rotation by pressing just one or two buttons, there is less of a difference in the gameplay of a bad or good person than with a class that might have to press 10 buttons.

#72 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

ye...no. Ur missunderstanding what skillcap means...
and dont ever try to claim that pressing the most buttons means ur class takes the most skill. Simply not the case. Pressing buttons is not fucking hard at all.

Posted Image

#73 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2477
  • 3v3: 3080
  • RBG: 2541
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

imo reckful almost reached the skillcap of rogues.

#74 Ultragodswag

Ultragodswag
  • Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

MMM the butthurt is so awsome here!

#75 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

ye...no. Ur missunderstanding what skillcap means...
and dont ever try to claim that pressing the most buttons means ur class takes the most skill. Simply not the case. Pressing buttons is not fucking hard at all.

Pressing buttons is not hard.

Pressing one button is not hard.

Having two different buttons that do different things to press and only being able to press one is harder than pressing one button.

Having three different buttons that do different things to press and only being able to press one is harder than pressing one button.

Having four different buttons that do different things to press and only being able to press one is harder than pressing one button.

You still with me there?

It isn't about the fact that you are pressing buttons, it is the decision making on which button to press when you have options but can only select one, which takes intelligence.

If you are taking a multiple choice test, and the "multiple" choices are only one, odds are you will get a 100 even if you don't know anything on the subject. If you don't know anything on the subject, and there are 4 choices to choose from, you will likely only get 25% right.

#76 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

well 99% of what rogues do they dont do because they make a decision. its because they know that if X player is casting X spell click button Y. I have about 50 keybinds on my rdruid, probs 60 on my UH. doesnt mean they take more skill im afraid. Its a retarded statement because having focus macros for everyspell in ur spellbook doesnt make ur class take more skill. And its common knowledge that UH dks have way more keybinds then rogues in most cases.

Posted Image

#77 bandet

bandet
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

well 99% of what rogues do they dont do because they make a decision. its because they know that if X player is casting X spell click button Y. I have about 50 keybinds on my rdruid, probs 60 on my UH. doesnt mean they take more skill im afraid. Its a retarded statement because having focus macros for everyspell in ur spellbook doesnt make ur class take more skill. And its common knowledge that UH dks have way more keybinds then rogues in most cases.

Having more keybinds =/= more buttons to decide inbetween.

If I am casting roar of sacrifice on a teammate, and I have three macros for it, one for each person.. is it really a decision? No, I cast it on the person that is taking the damage. The only real decision is to cast it or not cast it, and that is where the skill comes in.

Is it better to give him roar of sacrifice, or is it better to scatter shot the guy attacking him? Or maybe I could simply give him freedom and snare the guy attacking. Maybe I would want to shoot a snake trap to root them, or maybe the enemies overzealous attempts to snatch a victory by killing my teammate who is obviously in trouble put him in a bad position and the best thing I could do is use my superawesomeamazinghunterdpsaimedpyroambushmoonblastshot to turn it around and kill him instead of actually attempting to save my teammate.

And what is it simply? It comes down to simply pressing buttons. Unless you do more than read what people literally type and don't think it out, you won't understand.

Those decisions are what makes a player skilled. A class with a lower "skill cap" as it were would have less options to choose from.

If I have to choose to use a scatter shot to save a teammate, I do so in the knowledge that it will be more difficult, if not impossible to CC an opponent until the cooldown comes back. However, it could mean that it saves my teammates life.

A mage, on the other hand, is like "Oh, look. My teammate is in trouble, maybe I should freeze them... lets see, which of my 8 roots are currently off cooldown? Oh, whatever, I'll just press the random button."

Obviously that is an exaggeration, but I hope you are smart enough to see the point I made.

#78 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Pressing buttons is not hard.

Pressing one button is not hard.

Having two different buttons that do different things to press and only being able to press one is harder than pressing one button.

Having three different buttons that do different things to press and only being able to press one is harder than pressing one button.

Having four different buttons that do different things to press and only being able to press one is harder than pressing one button.

You still with me there?

It isn't about the fact that you are pressing buttons, it is the decision making on which button to press when you have options but can only select one, which takes intelligence.

If you are taking a multiple choice test, and the "multiple" choices are only one, odds are you will get a 100 even if you don't know anything on the subject. If you don't know anything on the subject, and there are 4 choices to choose from, you will likely only get 25% right.

yes but when playing wow you should know what bloody skills to use. Clicking the button or deciding which button to click is not bloody hard. Ur having a CC chain on the healer trying to kill the dps, he trinkets and u blind. Simple as that.

Your killing healer and ur garrote ends. U follow it up with a kidney. COMMON SENSE.

I understand what ur saying I simply dont agree with it. We can agree to dissagree and you can continue to think ur super skilled when u 1 shot people in smokebomb-->kidney.

Posted Image

#79 Bearzerk92

Bearzerk92
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

I voted priest:
There is a lot of decision making in priest(disc) gameplay: you have to choose if you're going to dispell offensively or dps, heal or dispell defensively, do i go all offensive (pop pain suppression,fiend,etc. offensively) or should i keep my cds to play defensively.

But hunter gameplay give also a lot of opportunities and require a lot of choices too so i don't really know^^

#80 zephah

zephah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

hunter is far and ahead the hardest class to play in arena right now

it always had one of the higher skill caps, and with it not really getting shit this expansion to improve quality of life where as classes like rogues/mages got dumbed down a lot, they went ahead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<