#41 Ikness

Ikness
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

The only time the warrior dies is when a healer is either silenced It's not just a zerg it's about cc... with no cc a pally in full t6 and a priest can keep a warrior up. Almost 100% of our kills are because the healers are cc'd or just bad... Actually examine the first game Charles gets completely raped against his will, both healers did, and towards the end we complete render him useless with a shock silence shock cs combo.... I think the reason you guys hate us is because we make you change your play style. Not every game is the same sorry that you cant charge in and go berserker stance and start beating on cloth like your usual games...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Edit: also switching doesnt work very well for us because we're a 4 dps.. our games are fast, not drawn out like your games are if there is a viable time to swap we do.

Edited by Ikness, 14 May 2008 - 11:14 PM.

#42 Ly_

Ly_
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:15 PM

The fact that you guys literally do nothing but zerg their Warrior in every game and still manage to win, even if one of you dies early. And the only game you didn't zerg the Warrior was against a Euro Comp where you zerged... the Warlock.

It's the exact same reason Warlock teams hate double/triple melee. You don't have to do any target switching or any real CC other than to get their healers behind.

Editing on JAC was subpar, I admit. A lot of things were missed.

Yes, healers and DPS aren't controlled we just zerg everything and pray my 1pc of PVE gear I have on my Mage can put enough pressure on the other team.

Like in the first game on Ruins against MYNN when our UA lock was the first to go down we kept zerging their ELE shaman without using blind on the priest and sheeping the paladin that allowed 7secs of no healing. Nope no CC at all. Straight zerging.

#43 Rollyat

Rollyat
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:21 PM

The only time the warrior dies is when a healer is either silenced It's not just a zerg it's about cc... with no cc a pally in full t6 and a priest can keep a warrior up. Almost 100% of our kills are because the healers are cc'd or just bad... Actually examine the first game Charles gets completely raped against his will, both healers did, and towards the end we complete render him useless with a shock silence shock cs combo.... I think the reason you guys hate us is because we make you change your play style. Not every game is the same sorry that you cant charge in and go berserker stance and start beating on cloth like your usual games...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Edit: also switching doesnt work very well for us because we're a 4 dps.. our games are fast, not drawn out like your games are if there is a viable time to swap we do.

We enjoyed playing you in 3s as ele shaman shadowpriest, sstep rogue. If your rogue didnt do 10x more damage in his 4 piece t6 and 4 piece s3 we wouldn't have won all the games instead of splitting the 8 or so we played against you. TRAIN THE MAGE - NO, WAIT, TRAIN THE PRIEST!!!
Where have all the cowboys gone?

#44 Ikness

Ikness
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:25 PM

Rofl we were playing for fun the fact that we beat you is pretty funny after never playing that combo before, shows how skilled you are -_- losing to a 3dps that has a shaman that has never pvp'd ele.

Edit:thats why there was confusion of what target to get on lol

#45 Ocius

Ocius
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:27 PM

I know there's CC involved, heh. I played 4 DPS in Season 2, I know you can't kill anything without controlling the healers.

But I also played as a Hunter in a Paladin/Priest/Hunter/Lock/Warrior comp in S2 and I can tell you that, from that perspective, 4 DPS is the most retarded thing in the world. If you get a CS on the Paladin at a remotely decent time, you can kill someone without any other "skill" involved.

It's not that people really believe you're terrible players or anything. It's just that the 4 DPS comp with a Rogue in PvE gear and various pieces of PvE gear on your casters makes for a retarded team to play against from a 2-Healer perspective. A good CS on the Paladin with even the slightest amount of control on the off-healer is game over. Show more Euro Comps or some Tri-Healer comps where you have to deal with more than locking out a Paladin healer and it'd be more impressive. The games against CLC were just stupid to watch, and the games where you literally insta-gibbed the Warrior are not particularly exciting or skillfull, either. The Shaman's PoV is kind of a bad vantage point for a 4 DPS vid as well.

And ya, the editing was pretty bad. Zooming in on shocking Tremor Totem = lol

Edited by Ocius, 14 May 2008 - 11:36 PM.

#46 Rollyat

Rollyat
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:30 PM

Rofl we were playing for fun the fact that we beat you is pretty funny after never playing that combo before, shows how skilled you are -_- losing to a 3dps that has a shaman that has never pvp'd ele.

Edit:thats why there was confusion of what target to get on lol

:P It's not a hard combo to play... you didn't do much different from resto other than a few chain lightnings, so yeah if you really had the time to get merc glad last season I'd hope you'd know how to play your class. And I think you aren't too strong in your comprehension skills, because I tried to explain that the only reason we lost ANY games was because of your rogues sick PVE gear, ftw.

#47 Magdain

Magdain
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:33 PM

Your amazing cc skills are the reason you can kill a warrior through pain suppression. Any tips for us without incredible skill?

#48 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

Nope no CC at all. Straight zerging.

When we took like 80 points off you guys (incl. a 4v5) on our alts early S3, yeah, that's pretty much exactly what you did - lmao. But I guess in your defense, we were playing Euro before people were running it on 9, so we had no Warrior, so it's understandable.

Edited by Ducks, 15 May 2008 - 12:06 AM.

#49 Ikness

Ikness
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:09 AM

You took 80 points from our alts!!!? :eek: Impressive.

#50 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:25 AM

Seems your reading comprehension is about as good as your ability to do anything other than zerg one target.

(Not good.)

#51 Slappywag

Slappywag
  • Junkies

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:50 AM

CCing healers is hard stuff. That's like some exclusive 2500 strats right there.
Posted Image

#52 Kcolraw

Kcolraw
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:57 AM

also switching doesnt work very well for us because we're a 4 dps.. our games are fast, not drawn out like your games are if there is a viable time to swap we do.

ROFL

#53 Yardbo

Yardbo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Thunderhorn
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:10 AM

Oww!!! My ears are bleeding you bastard!!! Get rid of that noise!

#54 Dante

Dante
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSarajevo

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:11 AM

Target switching?
This is how it is done http://arenajunkies....ead.php?t=21353

#55 Rollyat

Rollyat
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:17 AM

I'll save some time and post the next response.

<Insert random irrational response trying to justify how that team is NOT everything that is wrong with PvP in this game>

#56 Kcolraw

Kcolraw
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:18 AM

haha

#57 Mentoc

Mentoc
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:21 AM

When 5 stacks of wound poison can be applied instantly like ms can, rogue teams can then practice switching targets. Until then almost every 5v5 combo with a rogue as primary physical dps will not be able to switch targets effectively(aka 4dps+euro). Until then rogues are primarily single target dps classes, why would you try to play in a way that is not advantageous to your class composition?

However counting down on vent and calling out a switch isn't anymore skillful than cc'ing healers, controlling dps, and zerging one target imo.

No comp in 5v5 is really super skillfull, whatsoever. They're just different playstyles, and no one likes ones that are difficult to play against or ones that make other teams use tactics they are not used to. 4dps last season, euro and cleave this season, all got flamed. But you can't really blame people for playing what is effective. If something works people will play it, can't really complain. I mean 2345/6 are still effective, and if they weren't they wouldn't be so popular. People who think those comps are the only one that involve skill are either delusional or are exaggerating the skill cap in wow.

We play what is effective, if people think we're so bad, please run the same comp and do better to really prove it.

Edited by Mentoc, 15 May 2008 - 01:32 AM.

#58 Relia

Relia

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:32 AM

On my 4 DPS team, the only way to really kill things is switch, try using a BM hunter in 4 DPS. Its fun.

#59 Relia

Relia

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:34 AM

When 5 stacks of wound poison can be applied instantly like ms can, rogue teams can then practice switching targets. Until then almost every 5v5 combo with a rogue as primary physical dps will not be able to switch targets effectively(aka 4dps+euro). Until then rogues are primarily single target dps classes, why would you try to play in a way that is not advantageous to your class composition?

However counting down on vent and calling out a switch isn't anymore skillful than cc'ing healers, controlling dps, and zerging one target imo.

No comp in 5v5 is really super skillfull, whatsoever. They're just different playstyles, and no one likes ones that are difficult to play against or ones that make other teams use tactics they are not used to. 4dps last season, euro and cleave this season, all got flamed. But you can't really blame people for playing what is effective. If something works people will play it, can't really complain. I mean 2345/6 are still effective, and if they weren't they wouldn't be so popular. People who think those comps are the only one that involve skill are either delusional or are exaggerating the skill cap in wow.

We play what is effective, if people think we're so bad, please run the same comp and do better to really prove it.

Besides the fact that he is correct about switches on this type of 4 DPS, I would think at least some teams would be able to kill something faster since they are really a full offensive team rather than a healer with BOP, I guess they didnt run into that many mages..

#60 Qwey

Qwey
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Uldum
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1733
  • 3v3: 1762
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 767

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:45 AM