Feature Update: Thread Prefixes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

Just a quick feature update for everyone. We have just added Thread Prefixes to many of the forums. Thread prefixes are selected when creating a thread and categorize the post so other people can easily see what a thread is regarding as well as sort and search the forums by Prefix.

An example:
When you go to make a thread in the 2v2 forum, you will now see to the left of the Title input a drop down menu labeled "Prefix." Lets say I'm making a thread about my Druid/Warlock team so I select the prefix [Druid/Warlock] and post as normal. Now when other people are browsing the forums they will see :druid::warlock: before my thread and they can also sort by the Prefix by scrolling to the bottom of a forum under "Display Options" and selecting the Prefix they would like to see displayed. You can also search the forums by Prefix by using the Advanced Search

We think this is going to go a long way to making it easier browse and search the forums. So please use them and help everyone out! We will continue to fine-tune and add to the prefixes as time goes on. As always, if you have any suggestions please let us know by posting in the Site Feedback forum.

Enjoy!

#2 Woodhous

Woodhous
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:02 PM

Great function :D

Btw, add pal/rogue/priest!!!!!!

p.s first

Ulbasaur said:

wish I lived in the uk

#3 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

Woodhous said:

Btw, add pal/rogue/priest!!!!!!

Done.

#4 Woodhous

Woodhous
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

Woot cheers :D

Ulbasaur said:

wish I lived in the uk

#5 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

Add Paladin/Rogue please. The holy version isn't popular, but the ret one is used by quite a few people.

#6 Akagar

Akagar
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:11 PM

Feral Druid/Priest

Ducks said:

I could have sex with a cactus and produce an offspring combo of man/cactus/man-cactus that would break 2300 like it's nothing, but instead I've got this combo that goes to **** if anything we do goes wrong.

#7 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

Is it possible to just be able to like, have multiple drop-downs so your selection isn't limited to preset comps?

#8 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:28 AM

Ducks said:

Is it possible to just be able to like, have multiple drop-downs so your selection isn't limited to preset comps?
Unfortunately, I don't believe so. Not in the current form at least.

#9 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:37 AM

Alrix said:

Add Paladin/Rogue please.

Akagar said:

Feral Druid/Priest

Done and Done.

#10 Deccard

Deccard
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Die Silberne Hand
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:05 AM

Thumps up!

#11 Akagar

Akagar
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Ravenholdt
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:12 AM

Paladin/Druid/Warrior

Ducks said:

I could have sex with a cactus and produce an offspring combo of man/cactus/man-cactus that would break 2300 like it's nothing, but instead I've got this combo that goes to **** if anything we do goes wrong.

#12 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:20 AM

Akagar said:

Paladin/Druid/Warrior

Consider it done :)

#13 Woodhous

Woodhous
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:23 AM

I was just thinking. Since fore some classes there are multiple viable speccs, which can completely change the setup in terms of content For instance RMP but with a shadow priest...

Would it be possible to get rather than class icons, say the spell icon for shadow form, the spell icon for leader of the pack (since it's closely associated to feral druids), possibly the Hammer of Justice spell icon for ret palas or maybe crusader strike actually. Then have the class icon for the 'normal' version of that class, for instance resto druids/disc priests/resto shamans...

I was just thinking it would make certain comps alot less confusing xD for instance atm I'm playing ret/rog/priest but if people saw pala/priest/rog they're probably like wtf?!?

I could see a few people being slightly confused by some of the symbols but I believe anyone who can post in this forum (2k+) would know all the symbols anyway and I doubt it would take long to learn if you didn't.

Just an idea and another great job from you guys! :D

Ulbasaur said:

wish I lived in the uk

#14 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:59 AM

Woodhous said:

I was just thinking. Since fore some classes there are multiple viable speccs, which can completely change the setup in terms of content For instance RMP but with a shadow priest...

Would it be possible to get rather than class icons, say the spell icon for shadow form, the spell icon for leader of the pack (since it's closely associated to feral druids), possibly the Hammer of Justice spell icon for ret palas or maybe crusader strike actually. Then have the class icon for the 'normal' version of that class, for instance resto druids/disc priests/resto shamans...

I was just thinking it would make certain comps alot less confusing xD for instance atm I'm playing ret/rog/priest but if people saw pala/priest/rog they're probably like wtf?!?

I could see a few people being slightly confused by some of the symbols but I believe anyone who can post in this forum (2k+) would know all the symbols anyway and I doubt it would take long to learn if you didn't.

Just an idea and another great job from you guys! :D

Yeah I've been thinking about this as well. I think if we were to do it we would use the talent tree icons to keep it as simple as possible. We'll keep working on em and try to figure out whats going to work best. Thanks for the feedback! :)

#15 Riki

Riki
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bloodhoof
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

mind adding, for 3v3, :druid::priest::warrior:  Thanks in advance

#16 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

Riki said:

mind adding, for 3v3, :druid::priest::warrior:  Thanks in advance
Added as well as :priest::warlock::rogue:.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<