• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1846

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

Hello,

for 2 or 3 weeks now, i have been playing Disc/Feral but at 1850~ rating we got stuck
Our mainproblems are mirrormatches and pally/dk or pally/warrior (disc/rogue is hard too sometimes)

Most of the time we try to tunnel the dd while i try to get los and in range/sight of healer to burn him

a huge problem in mirrormatches is that the other team mostly out dps us and we lose due to less mana or sometimes they just instagib me from 70-80% in a well timed stun (which my mate just cant believe...)

another problem is that we mostly face up against pally/dk or pally/warrior at RoV where it is nearly impossible to get away due to tons of slowshit from dk

my mate just doesnt want to keep playing like that, because he thinks that we have to push rating much faster than we do at the moment (we stuck at 1850~ for 40 or 50 games)
another thing is, that i leveld new priest and havent played priest since s7 where i got glad with rmp (but doesnt rly matter)

i hope you guys can give me any usefull tips (strats, gearing, gemming, usefull addons?! stuff like that)

here is a link to my armoryprofile: http://eu.battle.net...lingas/advanced

Edited by knucklz, 04 August 2011 - 12:47 AM.

#2 Tarukimo

Tarukimo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:25 AM

Your feral druid needs to be using his cc to set things up for you. For example, stun on dps, bear root their healer so that you can get in range to fear, then clone out of fear.

Or have him root healers in los so that you can burn, bear root is amazing for this. Also sounds like your feral needs to put out more pressure. You can help his pressure a lot by dispelling priest bubbles/mage barriers.

#3 Nermó

Nermó
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Feral Combat
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

Hi. Im playing this comp aswell and i don't think you should lose to any team tbh, the only thing that MIGHT give you trouble should be mage/priest if they play really good, using their cc on the same time can give you big trouble, or a restoshaman/lock who just stands with their back against pillars, you shouldn't lose though.

Me and my priest has played 40 games to 2500 mmr and the only game we lost was cause of a dc.

It sounds like your feral doesn't know what rotation to use and how to peel.
Against dk teams, just train the dk , get a cyclone on the healer, shield freedom, get a fear after cyclone>repeat.
Your feral should also be using bear charge on cd and offensive cyclones to stop healing and to get pressure off you.

Your job as priest in this comp is mostly to just play defensive, get innervates on cd with a cyclone on the dispeller if there is one, keep your feral dispelled and use burns against shaman teams (communicate maims together with a fear on the dps to get burns off).
Posted Image

#4 Datah

Datah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:56 AM

I wrote this in reply to somebody PMing me asking me for general help with feral/priest, might as well re-post it here (I have played it this patch to what is still the #1 2v2 team in the world, undefeated [along with feral/MM hunter, on that team]). It's mostly common sense but the comp is not really more complicated than this right now - it's mostly just executing correctly.

against most other healer/DPS, feral/priest basically has 3 tactics:

1. Train DPS with control chains on the healer and damage assist from your priest. This is the most obvious one, and will win most games against mediocre teams playing a lot of comps, and not playing especially well on defensive terms, really fast

2. Play for burns. This is probably the strongest tactic the comp has and the one you'll use more than any other once you start playing against teams that know how to live. This means just setting up things like Maim healer/fear DPS -> clone DPS FC charge healer and having your priest burn through that.

This is how you should play against nearly every decent priest/druid/shaman team and some paladin teams, with only a few exceptions (e.g. mage/priest, where it can work too, but you probably won't be able to deny drinks, so it's probably better to just kill mage eventually - you still need to do swaps here, though).

Do not worry about doing damage much when you are playing this tactic, worry mostly about setting up solid burn opportunities and not letting them reset to drink (a solid burn opportunity means a maim/bash/FC root on healer in los of your priest with a fear/clone/hibernate, possibly into roots if they won't get dispelled, on the opposing DPS, that they can't break). You will kill the healer with double DPS once he is oom. You should try to set up burns every stun DR on the healer.

3. Play for hard swaps to the healer. This is really the only tactic that works against some things, e.g. good unholy DK/paladin that won't let you kill DK for example. When you are playing this tactic, it usually means that you are playing against something that you want to train to keep your priest peeled, but which you cannot really get a kill on.

So instead, watch your Unheeded Warning ICD. When unheeded is about to proc, and you can pool energy, do a hard swap to the healer and get bleeds up, then get them into a full maim with TF when unheeded procs with priest assisting damage. Setups like this can easily force cooldowns. What you want to do is, after getting through CDs (or by just getting lucky with RNG), killing them in a swap exactly like that when you have Berserk. Unheeded procs are very important here, you won't have the damage to force cds from a paladin for example without a proc up.

You also need to pay close attention to what CDs they have used so you know when you should really blow everything (fiend/inner focus/PI/etc) to kill them in the Maim.

that's basically it for healer/DPS

Sometimes you will find yourself needing to switch tactics midmatch - e.g. you might start with trying a CC chain rushdown on DPS, realize that that won't work because they are playing well defensively and their CDs are starting to come up again, and switch to playing burns or playing for healer swaps.

Against double DPS, strategies are different, but mostly just keep one of them controlled while slaying the other one really hard, and using CDs/playing defensively well when you need to. If you have problems with those, let me know~

Edited by Datah, 04 August 2011 - 03:01 AM.

feral always

#5 knucklz

knucklz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1846

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

very nice post

thank you :)

#6 shwayzee

shwayzee
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2331
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

Yeah... I was number one team in the world, my partner quit and we were undefeated, started a new team and almost 100-0 w/l ratio. this asian guy aint got nothin on me

#7 pontaqt

pontaqt
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Demonology
  • RBG: 192

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

View Postxetia, on 17 October 2011 - 07:46 PM, said:

Yeah... I was number one team in the world, my partner quit and we were undefeated, started a new team and almost 100-0 w/l ratio. this asian guy aint got nothin on me

i have to say, you guys are pretty amazing

#8 shwayzee

shwayzee
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

America just beat Korea in MLG, case closed.

#9 pontaqt

pontaqt
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Demonology
  • RBG: 192

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

View Postxetia, on 17 October 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

America just beat Korea in MLG, case closed.

what does mlg mean

#10 shwayzee

shwayzee
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

modernising local government