Viserys
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thunderhorn
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:02 AM

You're*.

Grats on failing 8th Grade English, Gladiator boy.

Oh no! My online grammar has been critiqued! Man your l33t. Go fuck yourself and die bitch

#22 etherimp

etherimp
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:09 AM

Oh no! My online grammar has been critiqued! Man your l33t. Go fuck yourself and die bitch

Spelling is more important in life than your Arena Title. I'm sure you're Little Billy Badass in your Jr. Highschool because you were the first nose-picker in your class to get Gladiator title.

But guess what, kiddo? Nobody in the real world gives a flying fuck. So when it comes time for you to fill out job applications for Pizza Hut, McDonalds, or Burger King and you get laughed out of your interview by your potential superviser because you don't know what a "contraction" is you'll wish you had spent more time reading books and less time acting like a fuck-tard over an internet forum.

Now piss off, scooter. I'm tired of your shit. Go back to watching Laguna Beach reruns and fapping to fake nudes of Hannah Montana on the internet.

#23 Bubbleoseven

Bubbleoseven

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:26 AM

I play holy:paladin:/:warrior: in 2v2s and when we face :rogue:/:warlock: We basically get on the warlock, mostly to stop fears on me via macestuns and pummels. I go into cleanse mode and I am doing nothing but cleansing, LOSing the warlocks fear and using holy shock to heal everytime is up, trying my hardest to stop inc damage without having to resort to casting. Usually the rogue will be on the warrior, so I keep blessing of sacrifice up on him and hope that it doesnt get eaten by the felhunter. If it does I usually give freedom afterwards.

I try to save bubble and BOP until my warrior is at 20-30%, which is not much to worry about because since I was in cleansing spam mode he should not have any dots and wont get bursted down.

When I bubble I spam holy light on warrior and he should be full without any trouble.

This is how we do it, hope it helps.

#24 ArcadeRenegade

ArcadeRenegade
  • Premium
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:41 AM

Spelling is more important in life than your Arena Title. I'm sure you're Little Billy Badass in your Jr. Highschool because you were the first nose-picker in your class to get Gladiator title.

But guess what, kiddo? Nobody in the real world gives a flying fuck. So when it comes time for you to fill out job applications for Pizza Hut, McDonalds, or Burger King and you get laughed out of your interview by your potential superviser because you don't know what a "contraction" is you'll wish you had spent more time reading books and less time acting like a fuck-tard over an internet forum.

Now piss off, scooter. I'm tired of your shit. Go back to watching Laguna Beach reruns and fapping to fake nudes of Hannah Montana on the internet.

wow... Cognative... pure fucking win man...

pure fuckin' win.
Oh god here I am playing wow again...

This shit is more addicting than crack...

#25 ArcadeRenegade

ArcadeRenegade
  • Premium
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Stonemaul
  • Cyclone

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:43 AM

This forum is called ASK A GLADIATOR. Your not a gladiator. You dont know shit.

Cause I'm sure that all of the people that respond to the posts in the "Ask a Gladiator" section are gladiators.

I'm sure that all the under 2k players that ask questions on this part of the forum say, "LOL YOUR NOT A GLAD YOUR HELP AND STRATS SUCK L2P NON-GLAD NEWB" to all the non-gladiator players that help them out.

you really need to get your head out of your ass bro.
Oh god here I am playing wow again...

This shit is more addicting than crack...

#26 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

First off, armory is Jhaadhun on Ner'zhul.
Second Viserys, DIDN'T HAPPEN ON 9 STFU.

The war/pallies in the 2200+'s know how to play, on this battlegroup at least. It is definitely a hard counter to lock/rogue if played right, and your suggestion is ridiculous.

Cog, I tried your strat, it didn't work. Didn't do badly, but my rogue fell over around the time the pally was at 20%, and he got a crit holy shock then healed to fill while the warrior chainmacestunned me -.-

We didn't do badly, hamstrings on me gave him the opportunity to pillar hump me way too long.

A good paladin/warrior - listen closely viserys - will spam procs and damage on your rogue while kiting around a pillar.
A good paladin/warrior - still listening? - will keep a hamstring on the warlock the entire game.
Holy shock and spam dispel - with a PILLAR between the warlock and pally - is plenty for him to get away. Holy shock does a fine job.

No, a rogue isn't going to solo a paladin faster than a warrior will kill him. Bubble just totally fucking ruins it. Throw RNG in there from the paladin's talents, and you have a pretty slim chance of winning against a team who knows how to play a pillar.

I don't know about lolvindication, Gladiator Viserys, but they actually have to know how to play to get that high on 9.

#27 HolyPaladin

HolyPaladin
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:56 PM

LOLALEM, saying how to play a paladin / warrior when you don't even play as that? I play that combo and LoS isn't even neccessary. We just focus the warlock and dispell it's that easy.

#28 Minarva

Minarva
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

What Vipp said. The only time shit can hit the fan is if the rogue manages to stun me and then the warlock can follow it up with a fear somehow forcing me to trinket, while a felhunter dispells sac on the warrior causing me to be a valid blind target. Then i have to bubble. Then it can really go either way.
But generally Its easy to LoS fears, meaning your only CC option is null and void. We actually do counter you :)

#29 Aeriss

Aeriss
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Agamaggan
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:13 PM

A good Warr/Pally owns rogue/lock there's no doubt about that.

There are way too many bad warr/pallies for that matter tho.

I've beaten so many by just spell locking pally and FEARING (yes they stand there and heal instead of cleansing+holy shock) and their warr never goes defensive.

I like the idea of splitting dps, you can make him bubble in seconds and the warr will be low also by the time he bubbles, then you can pick who to kill i guess :P

Btw Viserys is a dousche :P
d=(^__^)z

#30 Fonzey

Fonzey
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

We go with the DoT up both targets tactic to force an early bubble, with Spell Locks and Death Coil for interrupts - after the bubble I blind to force trinket, then fear spam.

BUT - My warlock is actually Unstable Affliction, so dispel spam doesn't work out too great :)

ANOTHER BUT - BoF prevents me from locking the warrior down too well, and with a lucky chain of improved HS and mace stuns, this fight becomes very difficult despite how well we play against them!

Tough matchup IMO, because RNG really works against us sometimes
Posted Image

#31 etherimp

etherimp
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:20 AM

Cog, I tried your strat, it didn't work. Didn't do badly, but my rogue fell over around the time the pally was at 20%, and he got a crit holy shock then healed to fill while the warrior chainmacestunned me -.-

We didn't do badly, hamstrings on me gave him the opportunity to pillar hump me way too long.

Sorry to hear the strat didn't work out for you. But that's one of the problems of Rogue/Lock: You have to have different strategies and often switch them on the fly for each matchup depending on the map and how the opposing team plays.

#32 Zonnza

Zonnza
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

Nonetheless Cog, your strat was right there on the mark for every move if it was executed flawlessly. Step by step and all. I use to play war/pal in 2s up to 2050-2100 or something like that till I wanted to mess around with a double healer 2v2 for shits and giggles (lol it was fun times, there goes 300 rating tho).

I havn't played 2s with my warrior for 2 months now since he had some RL stuff come up, but soon we will start again in S4. War/Pal since S1 FTW.

Edited by Zonnza, 11 June 2008 - 01:29 PM.

#33 Zonnza

Zonnza
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:29 PM

This forum is called ASK A GLADIATOR. Your not a gladiator. You dont know shit.

BTW Viserys, it seems like you're on your period or something. You tell Cog to L2P and get a real 2v2 rating when his is already higher then yours and his 3v3 and 5v5 are higher than yours too.

Just because you have a gladiator title doesnt mean you know everything there is about arena. Stuff changes all the time, thats why arena is appealing to many players.

Also, people like you who think they are god because they got a special title really piss me off.

Anyways, GL in IRL and game with that attitude.
Zonnza

#34 Pirate

Pirate
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:23 PM

CoT on the paladin ALWAYS. Never ever let it fall off.

Try to split the two of them up. Once this is accomplished, have the rogue lay down damage on the warrior as best as he can while you fear and deathcoil the paladin as far away from his partner as possible. This will likely force him to use divine shield early. If he is in range and casting a heal, spell lock him (he won't be able to bubble) and go all out on the warrior. You'll have at least 2 seconds after he breaks out of the silence to finish the job, save for a holy shock of maybe 1500HP with wound poison. If he doesn't, you switch to DPSing and the rogue can blind the paladin.

If you can put enough pressure on the warrior to cut his damage (stuns) and ideally put him in defensive stance, you'll win simply because the warlock can eat the paladin alive. Use mana drain offensively to try to force him behind a pillar or something even when mana is not a concern. Then when the warrior starts hurting again you start the same fear train and his bubble won't be there.

#35 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:12 PM

Sorry to hear the strat didn't work out for you. But that's one of the problems of Rogue/Lock: You have to have different strategies and often switch them on the fly for each matchup depending on the map and how the opposing team plays.

Oh I know ;] We do plenty of that, but at some point you're too committed for a switch mid-game. I just feel like we don't have enough time to pressure the pally with a Paladin-Rogue-Warrior-Warlock choo-choo around the pillar going on. Free heals from the paladin on mace stuns on the rogue, etc.

It's very much a race against the clock, and with RNG keeping my pet from immediately devouring freedom (plus he was buffering it with blessings) and hamstring on us both, I just felt like I had more success pressuring the warrior and ccing the paladin until the bubble.

Help from the rogue to lock up the paladin - i.e. a sprint -> gouge -> fear gives plenty of time to force a quick bubble, and the stuns and possibility of forcing the warrior defensive cuts down on the damage that warrior does to your rogue.

Plus, everyone knows that the difference between a good warrior and an average warrior is that the good ones control their mace stuns and imp hamstrings. :mad: Seems that way anyway.

Maybe if my rogue were pve geared =[

#36 dallor

dallor
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Cho'gall
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:35 AM

Rogue gets on Warrior and starts DPSing him, while you fully dot the warrior

1. Curse of Tongues Pally
2. Spell lock his first heal
3. Deathcoil his 2nd Heal
4. Blind his 3rd Heal - Pally is forced to either trinket or bubble. If he eats the Blind, start fearing him about half way thru the blind

If pally hasn't bubbled by now, his warrior is dead.. So that means, he's going to have to bubble somewhere in there..As soon as he does:

-Rogue Vanishes
-Warlock sits on Warrior Drain tanking him and making sure dots are on him at all times
-As soon as bubble drops Rogue either Gouges or Saps the Paladin (depending on whether he's in combat or not)

Once the Gouge/Sap wears off, if by some miracle Warrior is still alive, you can spell lock again and make sure you have CoT up

If Warrior goes Defensive Stance at any time, Fear him and switch temporarily to the Paladin (Esp after the bubble)

I use your technic with my rogue , it works often but good paladins puts blessing of sacrifice on himself so it breaks blind. Have I misunterstood something?

#37 doogless

doogless
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:57 AM

Do you mean BoP on himself? If he's putting BoS on the Warrior, devour it, if he's putting BoS on himself... well that wouldn't do anything. If you mean BoP, just Fear him - BoP doesn't block spells.
Regarding melee-heavy teams: "In case you aren't familiar with the team, it operates on the premise that warlocks are filled with tasty candy and you must beat it out of them as fast as humanly possible." (source)

#38 etherimp

etherimp
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:16 AM

I use your technic with my rogue , it works often but good paladins puts blessing of sacrifice on himself so it breaks blind. Have I misunterstood something?

A Warrior in Warrior/Pally shouldn't have more than 1-2 buffs on himself.. Devour his buffs every 8 seconds with Felhunter, and especially before you blind. This should devour Blessing of Sacrifice, and allow you to CC freely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<