• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

• Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/0/0/1/2/.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

Got another tank I'm working on. Kinda wanna run the blood dk for a change of pace. There are nights when my guildies opt to PVE and I'd like to be able to play when I can.

Any obvious choices outside of:

Illidan Horde
Kel'Thuzad Alliance

I wouldn't want to run with a particular guild or anything. Just some place I could log on at any time and have a decent shot at throwing a team together around me.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Lawson, 31 July 2011 - 10:21 AM.

Lawson~Flag Carrier
Posted Image

#2 Filovirus

Filovirus
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2795

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

Darkspear Alliance.

#3 Porkz

Porkz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2096
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

Sargeras Alliance.

#4 Pwnarii

Pwnarii
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

when i was on sargeras there was a ton of 2200+ and 2400+ rbg groups lf people
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Bromophobic

Bromophobic
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

when i was on sargeras there was a ton of 2200+ and 2400+ rbg groups lf people

I just rerolled on Korgath and there seems to be pug RBG's all the time.. I couldnt tell you if they were any good though since I havnt hit 85 yet.. but I'd say a good 30-40% of trade chat is RBG spam.
http://a.imageshack....skillcapped.png
Sig violates size guidelines. - Moderators

#6 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1785

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:13 PM

I look to run a group every weekday on Magtheridon - alliance but I'm typically missing a tank that is capable of thinking for himself.

As for trade-pugs, I'd say there are at least 3 1800 groups going every day. A few guilds run 2000 rated teams which can be fun or depressing depending on how you look at it.

#7 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

Got another tank I'm working on. Kinda wanna run the blood dk for a change of pace. There are nights when my guildies opt to PVE and I'd like to be able to play when I can.

Any obvious choices outside of:

Illidan Horde
Kel'Thuzad Alliance

I wouldn't want to run with a particular guild or anything. Just some place I could log on at any time and have a decent shot at throwing a team together around me.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Lawson, you're too organized for trade chat pug type shit. You'll regret it. Just come with me and go prot, not blood or at least frost, gee.
Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://www.twitch.tv/bailamos
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Xyshina

Xyshina
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

PV what? Never heard of it

#9 Ragelog

Ragelog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

For pugs in general I wouldn't recommend KT Alliance. I do my fair share of pugging to get capped or pass the time and its really hit or miss. However a solid tank is a weakness to most of them. The tank just runs away from all his heals and then gets killed by 2 dps. That sort of thing.

#10 Keliann

Keliann
  • Keliannxoxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

there can be some pretty decent pugs on sarg alliance

#11 RudirudiChris

RudirudiChris
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Dark Iron
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: ./././././.

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:11 AM

Pretty sure Sarg is one of the best alliance ones for RBGs

#12 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

Pretty sure Sarg is one of the best alliance ones for RBGs

50 of the top 300 are from Kel'Thuzad and I've played with them all. I think people usually think of the word "PUG" so derisively that they forget it means Pick Up Group, not medicore 2200+ must have t2 weapon and x resilience crap trade chat group. I never try to be as organized as to have a calendar date, or set schedule for my RBGs. We just go whenever I want to fill 10 people that I believe are good enough. Sometimes I'm wrong about those ten people, but for the most part I'm right. The only thing is there is a pretty strict requirement being that most of my players have gladiator/r1 experience.

#13 Rith

Rith
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/0/1/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2312

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

KT/Tich are prob the two best RBG servers from my experience.

#14 Ragelog

Ragelog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:15 PM

It's pretty generally accepted that a PUG is group that you usually fill a good portion if not all from trade or players you haven't played with often if ever. I don't think a PUG can be called a group that you have a list of 50 PVPer's you know and trust are capable and form a group from them. A set time and date alone doesn't distinguish a PUG group from a non pug group. As for the Glad/R1 requirement thats like going saying i'm going to get a group together for some pick basketball however if you aren't a NBA finals MVP or Regular Season MVP you aren't good enough. Then trying to say we were just some random pick up group when you beat the Bulls and then saying we were just some random pick group when you lose to the Mavericks.

Edited by Ragelog, 03 August 2011 - 05:40 PM.

#15 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

It's pretty generally accepted that a PUG is group that you usually fill a good portion if not all from trade or players you haven't played with often if ever. I don't think a PUG can be called a group that you have a list of 50 PVPer's you know and trust are capable and form a group from them. A set time and date alone doesn't distinguish a PUG group from a non pug group. As for the Glad/R1 requirement thats like going saying i'm going to get a group together for some pick basketball however if you aren't a NBA finals MVP or Regular Season MVP you aren't good enough. Then trying to say we were just some random pick up group when you beat the Bulls and then saying we were just some random pick group when you lose to the Heat.

Battle of semantics, which I ask you to kindly bow out of given my pedigree. You would first have to stipulate that the PUG is of the trade chat variety, you should not be nearly as presumptious of mediocrity. Good analogy with the Heat losing to the Maverick though for RBGs. Clearly you don't have to have all top arena players to succeed. You need to have succinct strategy. So many players are obsessed with damage done and killing blows and cc'ing, but they don't know how to operate res timer kills, when to push up, when to stay on D.

#16 Ragelog

Ragelog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

Battle of semantics, which I ask you to kindly bow out of given my pedigree. You would first have to stipulate that the PUG is of the trade chat variety, you should not be nearly as presumptious of mediocrity. Good analogy with the Heat losing to the Maverick though for RBGs. Clearly you don't have to have all top arena players to succeed. You need to have succinct strategy. So many players are obsessed with damage done and killing blows and cc'ing, but they don't know how to operate res timer kills, when to push up, when to stay on D.

What pedigree would that be? I'm just stating running a team of Glad/Rank1 players can hardly be called a PUG especially when most have been played with numerous times.

#17 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

What pedigree would that be? I'm just stating running a team of Glad/Rank1 players can hardly be called a PUG especially when most have been played with numerous times.

A better question is why would you say that our server is bad for pugs even if such was the case (which it is not) you're advocating a self-defeating goal by deterring potential xfers over here. Start thinking like an ambassador to Kel'Thuzad and just say the right things!

#18 Ragelog

Ragelog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

A better question is why would you say that our server is bad for pugs even if such was the case (which it is not) you're advocating a self-defeating goal by deterring potential xfers over here. Start thinking like an ambassador to Kel'Thuzad and just say the right things!

I have pugged alot and I said it's hit or miss. Maybe more a side effect of my sense of adventure in RBGing with new groups of people from time to time. Yesterday got a good group and went 6-1. It is one of if not the most active servers for PVP and RBG's.

P.S.

Im still working on my Ambassador title.

Edited by Ragelog, 03 August 2011 - 07:32 PM.

#19 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

http://us.battle.net...g=&specType=all

Kel'Thuzad Alliance has the highest concentration of top 300 players in RBG. It's not even close actually. If you take a look at top 300 players on Sargeras or Mal'Ganis even Tichondrius. They all come up short. This is because of the massive network I've assembled here, constant spam PM's "RBG?", skype harassment calls, and occasionally people leave their mobile contact number on skype too so I can call that for RBGs as well!

#20 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:04 PM

yes you assembled this massive network all by yourself.

well done.

0 time gladiator has that much authority over rank1 and multi glad players and forms that into a network

Probably has that much "authority" because rumor has it shes a real "she".

This person is taking RBGs to the next level man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<